Spring Date

Runaway Little Ghost

Gui Gui 

"So...do you wanna take a  ride on the ferris wheel? Its on me," he asked, a pleading look obvious all over his face. 

Should I? I looked at him and for a second I just didnt know what to say. 

"Uhh..I guess.." seeing I have no other place to go, I agreed. 

I drank the last drop of my drink and got up to throw the empty cup to the bin nearby. Once again I tripped on myself and fell. He caught me by the arm. I really do have the tendency to embarrass myself in front of this guy! !

 

'Are you okay?" he asked, helping me up as he dusted the sand from my jeans. 

"I'm fine," I said, wanting to let go of his hand.

"Oh no you dont. You seemed to really excel in the art of falling. I'll hold you so you dont fall," he said, shifting his hand so that he is holding my tiny hand. His hand felt big and warm and surprisingly protective. Seeing I have no chance of declining, I nodded and looked down on my sneakers. I was just to embarrassed to fall everytime he's around. 

"Lets go," he said, dragging me towards the ferris wheel. I have to literally jog to follow his big steps. 

Once inside the ferris wheel, we sat down next to each other. I felt him sitting close to me, never letting go of my hand. Somehow I like his hand on mine. I felt safe. We remained silent for awhile, I guess because we feel awkward and shy. 

The ferris wheel went really slow. We were only 1/3 of the way. I looked at him. He caught my eyes. I smiled nad felt my cheeks blushed. My mind raced back to the things he had done to me. After all he saved me from the snow storm and even let me sleep on his bed and cooked for me. He taught me piano. I felt ashamed of myself for running away from him. 

"I'm sorry," I muttered. 

"What?" he asked, didnt really catch what I was saying. 

I took a deep breath and say it out loud. "I'm sorry,"

He looked bewildered for a while, trying to guess why I apologize. 

"Why would you say that?" he asked, his thick brows furrowed as he looked at me. 

"I ran away from you despite what you did for me. It was stupid of me and very rude and unappreciative. So, I'm sorry," I explained. 

His lips curled into a warm smile. His dimples visible. He squeezed my hand. 

"That's okay," he replied.  He glanced over at the window as the ferris wheel starts oving again. We went higher and higher and soon enough, we were on top. We could see the city of Seoul from up here. I was in awe looking over at the beautful colours of flowers all over the place. I didnt realise I was breathing towards the window and making a fog. Just then he reached over and wrote my chinese name, Gui Gui on it. He circled it with a heart. I glanced at him and he smiled. 

"Isnt this the correct character of your nickname?" he asked, making sure. 

I nodded and smiled. He took the time to learn that??

The ferris wheel starts moving again. 

"Why did you run?" he suddenly asked. 

I was surprised at his answer. Should I tell him? Should I tell him about my past? Should I tell him how a guy I thought love me cheated on me and my money? Should I tell him that I have issues with trust and that I always feel better not being attached to someone and that I was fine being abandoned from when I was small? Should I?

"Gui Gui?" he called. I glance at him, obviously waiting for my answer. 

After seeing my expression, he sat back.

"That's okay. Maybe you can tell me some other time," he said, squeezing my hand. 

And at that moment, I felt the thick walls I 've been building starting to crack. Maybe I can trust this guy. 

 

Meanwhile.....

Seohyun

"Oppa, do you think our pam worked?" I asked Yong Oppa. 

We were sitting at the food court together with Henry Oppa, Amber Unnie, Victoria Unnie, Khun Oppa, Wooyoung Oppa, Jun-K Oppa, Junho Oppa and also Chansung Oppa. The later four were busy rummaging through the foods to hear my question. 

"Dont worry Hyun`. Gui Gui's safe in Taec's hands," Yong Oppa answered and fed me the pizza. 

"You guys have no idea how hard it was for us to drag Taec to come here. Aishh jinnja!" Wooyoung Oppa exclaimed, mouth full of food. 

"Yeah, he nearly bailed. Luckily we had Chansung who's strong enough to drag him towards the car," Jun K Oppa added, sipping on his Coke. 

"Bet he wont wanna leave the park now. Guys, check that out," Khun Oppa gestured towards Gui Gui Unnie and Taec Oppa. 

We all turned our heads towards them. I saw Taec Oppa holding Gui Gui Unnie's hand. I was delighted. I thinnk the others are too. 

"Guys come on, lets leave them alone. This is about as far as we can do to help Taec," Victoria Unnie said, getting up. 

"Where are we going, hon?" Khun asked, clutching Vic unnie's hand. 

"Let's go to the night market," JunHo Oppa suggested and we all agreed. 

Suddenly Yong Oppa kissed my cheek to get my attention. 

"Yah Hyun~ what are you thinking?" he asked, winking his eye at me. 

"Oh, nothing oppa. Just happy for Gu Gui unnie," I replied, snaking my hand aroung his right arm as we walked towards the exit of the park. 

"Maybe you can come over to my place tonight? To give Gui Gui and Taec hyung some privacy?" he suggested, wriggling his brows. 

I instantly blushed at the thought of what we can do at his place. I nodded as he kissed me on lips lightly before opening the car door for me. 

 

Taecyeon

I never thought I would be able to actually hold her hand. I was so used to seeing her from far that I almost gave up. But I knew it was entirely my fault for not being a man enough to approach her. 

And here we are, after riding different rides in the theme park, feeling her small hand clutching me tigght when she's scared, hearing her scream her lungs out during roller coaster ride, having dinner at the Japanese restaurant,  sitting in my car in fornt of her apartment. 

She held her head down and playing with her sweater's buttons. 

"You okay?" I asked, looking down at her. 

She lifted her head up to face mine. 

"Yeah, I'm good," She smiled, her bigs eyes sparkling even in the dark. 

"I had fun today. Thank you, " she said again. 

"I had fun too. I think I should thank you. Although meeting you was unexpected," I said, in the back of mind I think I know who the culpirt might be. 

"You should go to Jeju Island. There's a lot you can do there. Wait until summer," I suggested. 

"Really? I always heard of Jeju Island but never had the chance to go there," she said, seemingly excited.

"I'll take you there, in summer," I said, bravely, in my heart wishing that we'll go there as a couple. 

She blushed and smiled. 

We fell silent again. For a moment we just looked into each other's eyes. She's just so beautiful. Her eyes sparkled but something was definitely dark beneath her smiling face. It was like she was holding a big secret that could hurt her. I realised she had her guards on most of the time. 

I leaned closer until I was inches away from her face. I could her breath on my face. She smelled beautiful. I leaned in to kiss her lips and before I knew it, she tilt her head aside and sighed. Startled, I sat back and brushed my hair using my hand.

"I'm sorry..I shouldnt have.." I said, losing my words. 

She shook her head and gathered her things. She smiled at me before opening the door. 

"Good night," she said before closing the door. 

I stayed until she was out of sight. My face in hands, I thought to myslef how close it was to finally get into her heart. And that was when I decided I need to man up and find out what's keeping her run away. 

 

 

 

***Hey there! So sorry for the lat update. Mom's been discharged yesterday so I was busy with her. She'll be back to the hosp for her next chemo next week. Lets hope she'll be strong during her chemo. I hope u like this update and to the new subscribers, thank you! Until next update, xoxo!"