Mission Execution

Runaway Little Ghost

Gui Gui 

I woke up to the light coming through from the window. The sun shine brightly. I can hear the sound of the ocean. I could feel the breeze blowing in from the window, bringing with it the salty smell of the white sandy beach. I have always liked being on a beach. 

I streched myself and was ready to get up from the bed when my arm caught on something. I turned to my left side. I smiled upon seeing this beautiful creature sleeping soundly, with all his guards thrown out the window. He was peacefully sleeping, wih his chest going up and down syncrhonised with his breathing. I started to trace my finger along his jawline. I couldnt resist the urge to kiss him gently on his eyes, his nose and finally his lips. His eyes fluttered, slowly opening. He smiled at the sight of me, making his dimples visible.

All of the sudden I was beneath him. Somehow he manages to trap me under his y bare chest. His right hand cupping my face, his face just inches away from mine. He smiled again, showing off his dimples. 

"Don't ever run away again, little ghost," he whispered before crashing into my lips, intoxicating me with his love. 

For now, I just want the time to stop, there and then. I thought to myself.  I have no reason to run away anymore..

***
Taecyeon

"When are you guys coming? I need your help," I said to the phone. 

"Hyung, we're coming tonight, with your mom," Chansung replied. 

"Mwoh?!" I exclaimed a little too loud. 

"Miane hyung but she insisted. Omoni wanted to meet her daughter in law," Chansung said apologectically. 

I sighed. I knew mom would come.

"Ani, kenchana. I think she'll fit in the plan as well. I'll see you guys later," I said before hanging up. 

"So they're coming tonight?" Henry asked. 

He was sitting in front of me together with Yonghwa that morning. We decided to go to a nearby coffee shop to discuss the plan secretly. 

"I think we need to rehearse now," Yonghwa said excitedly. 

"You guys do the singing, since I cant really sing that well," I said, almost giving up.

"Ani-ya hyung. You can do it," Henry encouraged. 

All of the sudden I'm so nervous thinking of the plan I'm about to make. 

"When will you execute the mission?" Yonghwa asked, drinking his americano. 

"We need time to rehearse so I'm thinking three days from now," I explained and the two nodded. 

"What song do you want us to perform?" Henry asked. 

"I dont know yet. Maybe you guys have some suggestion?" I said, sipping on my coffee. 

"I think I have but let me just make sure of that," Yonghwa said. 

Just then I noticed Yonghwa's hand. 

"Yonghwa, what's up with your nails? Why are they all pink?" I said, chuckling. 

Henry looked over and laughed. Yonghwa sighed. 

"Seohyun did this. She wont take no for an answer," he sighed, trying to hide his hand, which made Henry and I laughed harder. 

***
Taecyeon

"Why am I staying at a hotel when you just bought a house here?" Mom asked me that night. 

I scratched my head trying to find the best way to tell her. 

"Mom, I need your help," I said as I gestured her to sit on the sofa of her suite that I booked especially for her. 

"Oh, wae?" Mom asked as she sat down. 

And so I spilled all the details regarding the secret mission to her and told her the part she will be taking. 

"Oh! My son is all grown up!" Mom gasped as she burst into tears. 

"Aiishhh Omma.." I whined as I went over and gave her a big hug. 

"I'm glad you're happy," Mom sobbed as she looked at me. 

"So..you're in?" I asked her. 

"Of course! How could I miss the fun!" Mom exclaimed, hugging me back. 

***
Taecyeon

"I cant do it! I really cant!" I said, giving up as I sat on the floor breathless. 

"Hyung, come on. You can do this," Wooyoung said to me, offering a hand to help me get up. 

I shook my head, refusing to get up. Wooyoung sighed and sat down beside me, followed by Chansung on the other side. 

"Come on hyung. You can do this," Chansung probed, patting my shoulder. 

"Yeah, just think of Gui Gui. She'll love it," Wooyoung said. 

"You'll regret not doing this hyung. Jinjja," Chansung said again. 

I let their words sink in as I thought of Gui Gui. They're right, I should not give up. This is for Gui Gui. I have to nail this for the mission. 

"Help me up," I said, shoving a hand towards the both of them. 

"That's more like it!" Chansung exclaimed as he pulled me up. 

"And five six seven eight!" Wooyoung exclaimed as the music start. 

Yes, I can nail this, even though I have two left feet, I encourage myself as I tried hard to dance to Wooyoung's lead. 

***
Taecyeon

It is the day of the mission. I have made everyone to convince Gui Gui that today is the day we will have our housewarming party. I had booked catering service just for this. I decided to do this at the pool area, since it has a really nice gathering place. I even have people come and set up a small stage for that purpose, complete with sound system and all. Gui Gui just thought it was for the supposedly musician I was inviting. She did not have any idea that this was actually for her. 

"You're ready hyung?" Junho asked that evening in the room. 

"I'm nervous," I said, as I looked into the mirror. 

"Dont be. You can do this," Jun K said, squeezing my shoulder. 

"Where's the ring?" I asked nervously. 

Here, I have it," Nickhun answered, gesturing at his coat. 

We were all dressed up in modern tux that evening. I told Gui Gui this is normal when the guys are around. I even told her to dress up in the white dress that I like the most. She went on babbling that all this was unnecessary. I only chuckled as I looked at her walking away to change her clothes. She doesnt have any idea that I was nervous as heck inside. 

Everyone was outside that evening, wearing their best dress and sitting on the long table. I hid mom, not wanting Gui Gui to know that she's here just as yet. Mom agreed to come out on cue. The girls, Victoria, Amber and Seohyun did a good job in steering her away and letting her sit in the middle, next to me. 

We had our delicious dinner but I didnt eat as much as I was just too nervous to think of what's to come. 

And then it was time to execute the mission. As on cue, everybody, except Gui Gui got up. Gui Gui was stunned, adn confused. Seohyun went up to her and led her to sit on a high chair just a few feet in front of the stage. Then she went off to sit with the others at the back. 

"Wae? What's going on?" she asked, just as the lights were dimmed. 

That was my cue to go backstage. 

The spotlight came on to the stage and Yonghwa and Henry was sitting on a stool, with a guitar. 

"Gui Gui, this is for you," Henry said and started to start his guitar. 

Yonghwa tapped on the guitar and they started singing. Henry had suggested that they sing an acoustic version of Brian Mcknight's Back at One.

http://youtu.be/5r1pg28XZfE

They sang beautifully. From the backstage I could see that Gui Gui was starting to tear up, touched by the perfomance. 

Next, it was time for me and the guys to perform. Jun K had actually wrote us a song and Wooyoung came up with the choreography. We recorded the song the night they arrived. Since I couldnt sing so well, they decided that I should rap. I reluctantly agreed. 

I can feel my heart beating faster I step on stage. This is it. There's no turning back, I thought. 

The song started and I danced my heart out, showing my emotion. As I rap, I keep my gaze at Gui Gui, who was holding up a hand over , her eyes teary. 

http://youtu.be/0o1W7J_8_j8

When the song ended, I came down stage, followed by the guys. Nickhun secretly slipped the ring in my back pocket. The guys joined the others at the back as the spotlight focused on me and Gui Gui. 

"Oppa?" she asked, her voice shaky. 

Just then, Seohyun came up the stage with Yonghwa. Seohyun sat on the bench and started playing the piano. Yonghwa smiled and on cue, started singing the song She by Elvis Castello.

http://youtu.be/LRxVkt9Eg9o

"Gui Gui, when I first met you, I was immediately captivated by your eyes. Yours eyes shine so bright. Despite your hardship, you always smile especially whenever you are with me. And that made me very happy. Before I met you, I feel like I have no purpose in life. Everything seemed blurry. Now that you're with me, I have a purpose in life and that is, to love and protect you for as long as I live. I will make sure to always have a shelter above our heads. I want to make you happy. I want you to be the mother of my children. And I want you to be my queen," I said nervously. 

Gui Gui was already crying, touched. 

I bend down on one knee and took out the ring from my pocket. 

"I love you so much, Wu Ying Jie, will you marry me?" I asked, my heart beating like its going to explode. 

Gui Gui had her hand over as tears fall down her cheeks. She looked at me in disbelief. I was already certained that she will reject me. And then....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Yes," she managed to say as she nodded. 

I smiled from ear to ear when I heard her and quickly put the ring on her finger and kissed her lips, to the cheers of our friends. 

One by one, our friends came with a stem of red rose each and gave it to her. Mom came last. 

Gui Gui was taken aback at the sight of mom. Mom smiled and hugged her. 

"Congrats dear. And welcome to the family," Mom said to her, kissing her forehead. 

Mr Wu came as well and hugged the both of us. 

"Thank you," Mr Wu said to me, his eyes teary. 

"No, thank you Mr Wu, for trusting me," I said and bowed as a gesture of respect towards him. 

I pulled Gui Gui closer to me and kissed her again, not wanting to let go. 

"You were so y dancing up there Oppa," she whispered as she bit her lower lip.

I kissed her yet again, to the sound of jealosuy amongst the guys. I couldnt care less as I continued to kiss Gui Gui with my hand shooing them away.

Just then, the guys came and hoisted me up, pulling me away from Gui Gui. 

"Time for some pre-bachelor party hyung!" Wooyoung said as they hoisted me up. 

"Argghh! What the.." I exclaimed. 

Laughing hard, they all gang up on me and threw me into the pool. Unsatisfied, I went out of the pool, soaking wet, and pushed the guys into the pool, to the laughter of all the other who are watching. I had a blast. I've been happier, I thought, as I looked over at Gui Gui who was laughing her head off, her eyes glinting with happiness. At last...