Heels and Truths

Runaway Little Ghost

Gui Gui

"Vic jie, I dont think I can do this," I whined, massaging my sore feet. 

That morning, after Seohyun went off on a date with Yonghwa, Victoria came by. She has bought me a pair of white pump heels to match my dress. I glanced at her in horror. I was never a fan of heels. I was amazed that even for a trip like to my apartment, Victoria came striding confidently in heels. Truth is, I've never seen her in anything but heels. 

"Yes you can. You're a woman and you're born with it. Now work it." Victoria urged, helping me up. 

I winced at the pain. I really cant do this. I still prefers my Converse. 

"Gui Gui, you have to do this. Spring Dance is just around the corner. You're gonna have to get used to this if you're going to have a romantic dance with Taec. You have to make your feet work them," Victoria convinced. 

I sighed. She does have a point. I guess there's no harm in wearing heels once in a while. 

"Fine," I gritted through my teeth, balancing myself. Seriouly why would Victoria took up all the hassle just to buy me a freaking 6 inches heels?

"Jia you!" Victoria said, grinning at me. Has she always had her ways with Khun? 

I started off wobbly but as I walked across the living room with my heels clattering on the wooden floor, I started to stride very slowly, afraid to ruin the heels.

"Faster, walk like you're in Converse," Victoria exclaimed, which made me heave a heavy sigh. 

I stride faster and this time, to my amazement, I feel good. I started to smile. I walked a bit more passed Victoria who is now cheering at me. 

"Woohoo! Work it girl! That's it!" she called, clapping her hands in delight. 

I giggled and sat down on the floor, feeling excited. Victoria sat beside me, handing me a glass of water. 

"Its going to worth the pain. You need to practice more. Maybe try walking on the hallway outside? You might hate me now, but you'll thank me later," she said, gathering my heels and putting it in front of me. 

"I dont have to thank you later, jie. I'll thank you now. Thank you," I said, leaning my head on her shoulder. 

Victoria responded by caressing my hair. 

"Dont mention it. You're family now. It used to be so hard being the only girl around the boys, but now I have you. I'm glad I have someone to I can complain to. You have no idea how exhausting it is to be with the boys. They're constantly teasing Khun and I when we first dated. Now it died down a bit. I guess they'll have new couple to tease," she joked, which made me laughed. 

"I've never the others before. How come I dont see them around much?" I asked,wondering. I remembered seeing them at the theme park and that was that. 

"Oh well, they're busy. Evry now and then they'll come together and have a drink. Usually I'll end up cooking for them. Believe me they're beasts. They can finish foods within minutes. But now I think they'll find it difficult to get Taec for get together, since he's occupied with you," Victoria teased, which made me blushed. 

"No he's not," I denied, which only made Victoria chuckled. 

"Trust me Gui, he;s a good man. He can be tough at times, but he has a good heart," Victoria said to me. I let the words sink in. Well, given my bad past, I guess we'll have to see. 

Just then the door opened. Seohyun was back. 

"Hi unnie!" she greeted, putting her things in the closet.  After that she grabbed a glass of water and joined us on the floor. 

"Wow, nice shoes. Unnie, you really have good taste," Seohyun said as soon as she saw the heels. 

"Thanks Seohyunnie," Victoria answered with a proud smile. 

"Seohyun~ah, you're back early. I thought you're on a date?" I asked. 

"Ah, well, Yong Oppa has some rehearsal. Apparently his band will be performin at the dance," she answered, sipping her drinks. 

"So, have you decided yet?" I asked, wanting to know. 

Seohyun put down her glass and glanced at the both of us. 

"I cant leave you to live alone, unnie," she half whispered. 

I sighed. "You dont have to worry about me Seohyun~ah. I'll be fine," I assured her. 

"Yeah, she has Taec now. She'll be fine," Victoria cuts in, which made both of us looked over at her, stiffling a laugh. 

"What? Am I wrong?" Victoria asked, which made Seohyun and I giggled. 

"Just move in with him Seohyun~ah. He's a good guy. You'll be fine. If he's hurting you, you can always come back here," I reassured her, patting her hand. 

Seohyun smiled. "Thank you Unnie," she said, giving me a hug. 

"You better start packing," I joked. 

"Unnie, are you kicking me out already?" Seohyun joked back and that made us three burst into giggles.  

***

That evening, after Victoria left, I decided to go to the indoor pool of the apartment. Seohyun has already started packing her things. I have always liked swimming. Maybe it was because my dad worked at the Okinawa Island where he live in a chalet on the seaside. 

After changing to my swimming attire, a white one piece, I gladly went over to the pool. Amazingly, there were only a few people here. Mostly young adults. I guess no one wants a swim in a cold weather, regardless of the warm pool water.  I dipped my toes into the water, making sure it is warm. Ah, its warm. Gladly I jumped into the water and had a swim. I managed to swim one lapse across the pool. I reached at the end of the pool, rinsing my hair when someone handed me a dry towel. Surprised, I looked up and saw Taec Oppa smiling down at me. He was in his black shorts and white shirt. 

"Oh, Oppa!" I exclaimed, and then blushed, remembering that we are now a couple. 

"Gui Gui, are you fnish swimming?" he asked. 

I shook my head. I was just starting. 

"Oh well, let me join you then," he said and swiftly, stripped off his shirt and jumped into the water. My jaw dropped at the sight of his abs.

He swam towards me and gave me a back hug which made me squirmed, out of shyness. He laughed. 

"Wanna race?" he asked, raising his eyebrows. 

I nodded and with that we began. Of course, being the gentleman, he let me won the race. I knew he actually slowed himself down halfway through the race but I kept it quiet when he praised me. I smiled at him. And suddenly the mischiveous side of me came to light. I splashed the water towards him and swam away but was successfully caught by him. He caiught me by my waist and pulled me to his body. I blushed. I am still not used to being this close to him, especially when I had to be skin on skin with his bare chest. 

"Dont run away," he whispered, lifting my chin to face him. 

Slwoly, he leaned down and kissed me lovingly. "I miss you," he whispered agaisnt my lips. Luckily he had a hold on me or else I might just drown right here. 

He then let go of me. He got out of the water and took the dry towel. 

"Gui Gui, I thin you should get out of the water. Your lips kind of blue," he said, worried. 

Oh no, if I get out, he'll see me half . He's never seen me half and quite frankly, I'm not ready for him to see my ugly body, I thought. 

"Gui Gui, do you wanna come out or not?" he exclaimed, startling me from my thoughts. 

Reluctantly, having no choice, I slowly climbed the stairs. He went over towards me and wrapped me with the towel. He appeared calm and unaffected by my hald body. Okay, so maybe I dont have the best body. Okay, that's it, I'm never swimming with him again. 

"Go change, you're shiverring," he ordered and pointed to the changing area. I sighed in relief. 

***

"Here, your hot coco," he offered as I sat down on the couch. Seohyun was out moving her things to Yonghwa's apartment. 

Taec Oppa bought the drinks and food while waiting for me to change. He sat down beside me and pulled me by the waist close to him. 

"Warm enough now?" he asked, my wet hair. 

"Mmhmm," I nodded, at the ame time, my insides melt at his touch. 

"Let me blow dry your hair," he said, getting up and getting a blow dryer from my room. How did he find out where I put my stuff?

"Sit here" he patted his lap. I gulped. Okay. 

Like a lost puppy, I followed his instruction and sat on his lap, my back to him. He switched on the blow dryer and starting blow drying my hair. He is actually good. Has he ever done this before? I felt my hands gripping into my shorts at that thought. No, I couldnt be jealous. Suddenly, he stopped. It took me a while to realise my hair is now dry. 

"Gui Gui, turn around," he said, one hand on my arm. Turn around? 

Not understanding what he said, I stood up and turned around to face him. Instantly, he pulled me towards him and made me straddled on his lap. Our face inches away. He framed my face and using his thumb, gently caressing my cheek. 

"You're beautiful," he whispered, smiling. I blushed. My heart felt like jumping out of my chest. 

Savoring the anticipation, he pulled me closer with his hand on my waist ever so slowly, eyes locked on mine. I closed my eyes just in time for his lips to touch mine. He kissed me lightly and seeing that I anticipated more, he kissed me again, this time, passionately. He turned his kiss towards my neck, in between his hot breath, which made me shuddered. My back arched invouluntarily as he kissed my neck again and again. He wound my legs around his waist and got up. I s my arms around his neck. He kissed me again on the lips as my hands nitted over his thick har. He took me into my bedroom and kicked the door close. He gently put me on the bed. My heart thumped louder. I can hear my own heartbeat. He slowly hovered me as I lay down on my back. I had my arms around his neck as he continued to kiss me. He leaned away and looked me in the eye. 

"Gui Gui," he breathed heavily. His voice suddenly low, his eyes filled with desire and passion.

"Hmm?" I managed to hummed. 

"Will you..?" he asked, letting the question hang. He didnt have to finish his sentence for me to know what he meant. I shuddered at the thought. The last time I checked, I was badly ually abused. I still had nightmares an traumatized. Can I trust Taec Oppa? 

Seeing my hesitation, he leaned away and sat at the foor of the bed. He smiled at me. I sat up and sat beside him. 

"I'm sorry Oppa," I half whispered silently cursing myself for killing the mood. 

"Its okay," he patted my hand. He swiftly lifted me up and put me on his lap. I ended up straddling him. Leaning in, he kissed me again. 

"I wont force you. Maybe this is your first time?" he said, leaning close. 

I froze. He must have mistaken this as me beng shy because its my first time. I closed my eyes, thinking deeply. Should I tell him now? What if he rejected me after finding out the truth? 

"We'll go slow. I promise," he said again, mistaken my silence as a yes to this previous question. 

"Oppa-" I said but was silent by his kiss. I forced a smile at him when he let go of me. I'm sorry Taec Oppa, I thought to myself. 

***

"So you havent told him yet?" Henry asked, over the phone. 

After Taec Oppa left, I felt uneasy. I needed someone to talk to so I decided to call Henry.

"No," I admitted. I heard Henry sighed. 

"Gui Gui, he's your boyfriend now. Dont you think he deserves to know?" he asked again. 

"I know but..I dont know Henry. There's just this tiny part in me that's convince, if he finds out, he'll leave me," I explained, feeling a lump in my throat. I have been holding back my tears since Taec Oppa left home. I was dissapointed at myself for not being brave enough to tell him the truth. 

"Gui Gui, he clearly loves you. He wont leave,' Henry assured me. 

"I dont know Henry..maybe I just need some time to tell him. I'll tell him but not now. We just started," I explained. 

"Well, that's up to you. Just make sure he doesnt find out from somebody else. After all, relationship is all about communication and trust. You dont want him to not trust you, right?," he advised. 

"You're right. I'll find a way to tell him, someday," I assured him. 

"You love him, do you?" he asked, making me wonder. I smiled when I felt my heart did a 360 degree leap at the thought of Taec Oppa.

"I guess I do now. I feel safe whenever I'm with him," I said, grinning. 

"That's good to hear Gui Gui. I'm glad he found you. Just forget about the past and be happy, okay?" he said. 

"Thank you Henry, for looking out for me. And say hi for me to Amber. We should hang out later,"  I replied. 

"Definitely. Good night," he said before hanging up. 

I lay on my back that, my mind racing in different directions, thinking of the possibilities if I tell Oppa the truth. I flinched when I imagned Taec Oppa leaving me. I relaised how much I've depend on Taec Oppa. I felt guilty for pushing hm away. I decided to make it up to him the next time we met. I drifted off to a peaceful sleep that night.