Truth and Dare

Runaway Little Ghost

Gui Gui 

"Who-who are you?" I asked, as I scanned the lady from head to toe. 

She was walking around the living room like it was hers. She had that confidence, or maybe over-confidence in her. Her head slightly tilted up as she scanned my  house. At my question, she glanced at me and smirked. 

"Who am I?" she asked back, picking  up small photo of me ans Seohyun placed on the coffee table. 

This lady, there's just something about her that scares me. And the way she answer my question, as if she has all the time in the world to do that! 

"I dont think you have the right to ask me that, Gui Gui," she pointed out, making herself comfortable, sitting on my couch. 

I stared at her. She wore a red dress, red gloves, white coat, and very expensive Chanel handbag. She wore white high heels as well. I feel intimidated just being around her. 

"Are you done staring?" she asked, glancing at me. 

"Not until you tell me who you are," I snapped back, before I could catch it back. I gulped. 

"I told you, you dont have the right to ask me that question. Considering what you've done," she said and then smiled sheepishly. 

"Wh-what?" I breathed, not understanding what she meant. 

She stared at me, at the clothing I'm wearing. 

"Is it your habit? To take away other people's things and make it yours?" she asked, motioning at Taec Oppa's shirt I'm wearing. 

I was taken aback. 

"H-how did you-?" I could not bring myself to finish my own words. 

"It's Taecyeon Oppa's shirt," she pointed out, raising her brows. 

I felt my knees getting weaker. How did she know Taec Oppa?

"Perhaps this will explain everything," she said as she put her handbag on her lap and fished out something.

She put some photos on the coffee table. I went over cautiosly and picked up the photos. My heart dropped as soon as I saw those pictures. It was a photo of Taec Oppa with her, intimately close, as Taec Oppa kissed her forehead. I dropped to the floor. How could this be? But..but I thought Taec Oppa said she was his past? I felt tears b in my eyes. My chest suddenly hurt so bad. 

"H-how c-could..?" I could not finish my words as I began to sob. 

"I'm telling you this once and for all. I'm his fiance. So whatever he told you is a lie. I am his legitimate fiance, Im Yoona and we're getting married in summer. So please, do me, and yourself a favor, and stay away from him. You dont want anything terrible to happen to you, right?" she said, as she crouched down to my level. 

I sobbed more at her words. So Taec Oppa lied to me? Taec Oppa deceived me? 

"Oh, poor you. I know it's hard dear. But you'll find someone, of your own level," she said and got up, letting herself out the door. 

It was only then I realised I had the photo in my hand, almost torn to pieces. I cried there and then. I reached for the hem of the shirt to cover my face and realized it was Taec Oppa's shirt. I screamed and ran towards the bathroom, stripping ,myself off the shirt and throwing it away. I the shower and scrub myself vigirously until my skin went red. I did not want any trace of Taec Oppa on me. I fell to the floor as I thought of how real Taec Oppa seemed when he told me he loved me. I cried again, not caring of anything, under the raining shower.

***

Taecyeon

"Still cant reach her?" Khun asked, looking at me, concerned. 

I sighed, shaking my head as I held the phone tightly. We were outside the meeting room for our break that day. I have been sending text messages to Gui Gui but she has yet to reply. I decided to call her but it all went into voicemail. I felt the strong urge to just leave and go to her house right now but I have work yet to be done. 

"Maybe she's still asleep?" Khun assured me as he patted my back. 

"Come on, the meeting's starting again. Hang in there buddy," Khun said as he opened the door. 

I sighed again and with a heavy heart I followed him inside, preparing myself for yet another endless meeting. 

***

Gui Gui

I was awakened by the banging sound of the door. I soon realized I fell asleep while crying. I checked my phone, only to find it switched off. I reliazed yet again I had purposely turned it off to avoid Taec Oppa's calls. The banging continues. I lazily went out of bed and out of the room. I checked the monitor and saw Taec Oppa. He was furiously banging the door, begging me to open it. 

I gasped. What should I do? Pressing the button on the monitor, I stuttered. 

"Go away," I breath. 

Taec Oppa continues to bang the door. It became louder and scarier. Seeing he will not stop, and fearing he might wake the neighbors, I had no choice but to open the door. 

"Where the hell have you been?!" he shouted as soon as he was inside.

I flinched and looked down. I felt tears coming again. He came closer and tried to hold me but I moved away. 

"Look, I'm sorry I shouted at you. Gui Gui, where have you been? Why didnt you call me back?" he asked, his voice lower this time. 

"Let's break up," I whispered, not daring to look at him. 

"Mwho ra gu?" he growled. 

I can no longer hold my tears. I was angry at Oppa.. How could he lie to me like this? How could he make me believe him? 

"Gui Gui, mwoh ra gu?" he asked again, reaching out for me. 

"Dont touch me!" I shouted, breaking into tears, as I slumped down on the floor. 

He was dumbfounded. He slowly kneeled before me. 

"Gui Gui, what's wrong?" he asked, his voice breaking. 

"Oppa you lied to me. How could you lied to me?" I cried, covering my face with my hands. 

I felt him coming closer as he grabbed hold of my arm. I tried to break away but only to find myself in his embrace. 

"Gui Gui, what are you saying?" he asked, hugging me tight. 

Breaking away from his embrace, I stood up and took the photo that was placed on the coffee table. I threw it to his face. 

"This! You lied to me! You said she was your past! How could you lie to me? You could have told me you were engaged!" I shouted at him, feeling the anger rising. 

He fell silent as he picked the photo and stared at it. He gritted his teeth as he stood up and came towards me. I backed away and was caught on the arm by him. 

"Where.did.you.get.this?" he asked, word by word. I could see fury in his eyes. 

"Th-that lady," I breathed out. I have never seen Oppa like this and he scared me. 

"Who?" he asked again, his grip around my arm tightened. 

"I-im Y-yoona," I whispered as I broke his grip. 

He sighed, closing as his eyes as he gathers himself.  Turning around, he came towards me and pulled me into his embrace. He was too strong to fight. 

"Gui Gui, dont you believe me? I told you to trust me. Why cant you do that?" he asked, as he caressed my hair. 

"Im Yoona. That ," I heard him exclaimed under his breath. I looked up to see his face. 

"Oppa?" I asked, confused. 

He led me to the couch and sat down as he sat me on his laps, me straddling him. As much as I want to resist, I just cant. I missed him. 

"Gui Gui, listen to me. That lady, yes, we were supposed to be engaged, but we werent. My father wanted me to marry her so that he can expand his business together with his dad. It was all business. I used to date her for a while. And then I realized we just dont work. I broke up with her, for real. I never heard from her again after. I didnt know she could find you and tell you lies about me. I'm sorry for not telling you that. But please, believe me, I am not engaged to her. Never was," he explained, his hand cupping my face, his eyes intently staring into mine. 

"Really, Oppa?" I asked, wiping away my tears. 

"Really, Gui Gui," he replied. wiping away my tears with his thumb, as he kissed my hand. 

"You're not lying?" I asked again. 

He shook his head as he held me closer. 

"I wont be here to mend this if I dont love you," he replied again. 

I stared at him for a while, looking for signs and symptoms of a liar. But all I could see was his sincererity. His eyes blazed with passion, longing for me. I could see the crease on his forehead, worried for me. He was right. Why should I believe her? I should learn to trust Taec Oppa. I leaned over and kissed him, on the lips. He was startled but eventually he kiss me back. 

"I'm sorry Oppa," I murmured, fidgeting with the hem of my sleeping gown. 

"No, no. I'm sorry. It was my fault. I should've told you earlier about her. I'm so sorry Gui Gui for putting you in this terrible situation," he said, cupping my face again. 

I hugged him tight, never wanting to let go. 

Suddenly, my stomach growled. I had forgotten completely that I havent had dinner. Taec Oppa burst out laughing at the sound. 

"Let's get you something to eat," he said as he stood up, lfting me up and carried me to the bedroom where I changed, under his watchful eyes. 

***

Taecyeon

"Are you sure about this, man?" Khun asked as he parked the car. 

"Dude, if I dont do this, something will happen to Gui Gui. I want her safe," I replied, clicking my seat belt off. 

"I'll be right here," he sighed, seeing he has no way to talk me out of this. 

I shut the car door and taking a breath, I went into the apartment and took a lift. 

"Stay. Away. From. Her," I warned as soon as I saw her face, opening the door excitedly for me. 

"Oppa, you could at least ask me how I was doing. I miss you," she said, leaning closer, her hand creeping up on my chest. 

"Dont touch me," I said, as I gritted my teeth. 

I was trying so hard no to slap her in the face. I was mad at her for attacking Gui Gui but I still respect women. 

"Oppa, what did I do wrong?" she moaned, taking a step back.

"Dont pretend you dont know, Yoona. You know exactly what you did," I stressed. 

She smirked, folding her arms across her chest. 

"So what if I did?" she challenged. 

"I'm warning you, and let this be the last time I'm telling you, it'll never work between us. And dont ever go near her again," I warned, pointing at her. 

"And if I dont?" she smirked, curling her hair with her finger. How could she be so calm? I felt disgusted just looking at her face!

"Bye, Yoona," I said as I turned and walked away. 

"You'll regret this Oppa! I'm telling you!" she shouted at me. 

I ignored her and punch the lift button. I took several breaths to calm me down because inside, I'm boiling to the point I could almost punch her in the face. No one can hurt my Gui Gui, no one. I clenched my fists at the thought. 

"You done?" Khun asked, as I entered. 

I nodded simply. 

"You dont look happy. What did she do?" he asked, driving towards the highway. 

"Doesnt matter. She's never getting near Gui Gui again,for now," I said, looking out the window. 

Khun fell silent. Being my best friend, he knew when to shut up, giving me space when I need it. As I looked out the window, I thought of what Yoona said to me when I was down the hallway. Somehow, in my mind, I knew Yoona will not listen to me. Somehow, I knew, she will strike again. Yoona has always been stubborn. She grew up getting whatever she wants. I know she will never stop harassinh Gui Gui until she got me. I sighed. There is no way out of this now. I have to take Gui Gui for a getaway. Jeju-do, I thought as I smiled. 

 

 

 

 

**Hey guys! I'm back for an update! I've been busy lately. Like, really busy. and the time difference drove me insane! I tried to stay in touch with my family and husband as much as possible though, despite the time difference. And just today I received some very good news from Malaysia. You know how my mom got diagnosed for Acute Myeloid Leukemia? And they did a test amomgst her sisters to look for a bone marrow match. And guess what? They found a full match! So mom will be undergoing stem cell transplant soon enough. I hate to see mom wnet through chemo so this is actually great news! At least mom wont have to suffer chemo. Chemo actually made her weak. So, really Thank God for that! I just wanna thank you all for actually taking time to pray for my mom, even though we barely know each other. We're only close to each other because we love fanfics. I really appreciate it. Let's just hope the transplant goes well, eh? Meanwhile, wow! 150 subscribers already? Thank you so much! I started writing thinking nobody will wnat to read my fanfic! I mean, I read a lot of other fanfics and I think theirs are way better. So thank you for taking the time to read my fanfic. You guys made my day! Anyways, just in case, I wont be updatin as fast later because I'm starting my shift on Wenesday. Its a 12 hour shift, so yeah, thats just the way the hospital shift works, so. I will update on my off days, if I have ideas in my head, of course. I had so much in mind. I need to complete my competency and preceptorship within this 3 months in order to be fully accepted in the hospital. So, pray for me and wish me luck! Enjoy the update and I'll see you again! xoxo ***