I'll Do My Very Best

Runaway Little Ghost

Taecyeon

"Wow! How'd you find this place?" I heard Henry exclaimed from upstairs. 

He ran downstairs to join me enjoying the view of the ocean at the balcony just outside the living room. 

It was a house I came across on my way to find Gui Gui the other day. It was a summer house situated on top of a hill, overlooking the ocean. It was the only house on that hill. It even had a "For Sale" sign on. For some reason, I felt that strong urge to come have a look and maybe consider buying it. 

The interior side of the house was just marvellous. The walls are painted white. It was fully furnished with the finest vintage furniture. The windows are large, most probably to allow fresh air in. The living room overlook the ocean. The bedrooms were all situated upstairs, side by side. The master bedroom was huge with super king size bed and an oval shaped bath tub with his and her corner and closet. Every corner of the room was only sealed with thick glass windows. The only way for privacy is to pull the curtains on. 

 

 

The kitchen was big with massive counter and a massive fridge for food and a fridge filled with Coca Cola and beer. It was well equipped with microwave, oven and even a coffee maker. The backyard was even more amazing. It had a swimming pool, joint by a small jacuzzi and a BBQ area with small guest house and lazy chairs for those wanting to tan. It was indeed a summer house for vacation and relaxing. 

"Are you thinking of buying this place, hyung?" Henry asked, as if reading my mind. 

"I dont know. Do you think I should?" I asked him back, weighing the decision in my head. 

Henry took a good look around. It seemd like he liked this place too. I started to wonder whether Gui Gui will like it. All I could think about was Gui Gui and this house. Somehow the two connected. 

"I think Gui Gui will love this place. I mean, she like the beach," Henry shrugged. 

I smiled at his comment. Yes, I guess Gui Gui will love this place too. 

"Wait, isnt this place expensive?" Henry doubted, looking over at me. 

"It's actually reasonable for a house this beautiful," I chuckled at his question. 

"Its up to you hyung," Henry asnwered, patting my shoulder. 

"Please, dont tell Gui Gui just yet," I replied and fished out the phone to call my lawyer. 

In no time, this summer house will be mine, no, ours. 

***

Gui Gui

"Your cooking has improved. I'm amazed," Papa complimented that afternoon. 

I had decided to bring him lunch since Taec Oppa and Henry were out having some guy time. 

"Thank you Papa. It's nothing compared to yours," I replied humbily. 

"I cannot believe my one and only daughter had grown up," Papa sighed, leaning agaisnt the sofa in his office. 

I smiled at Papa. I realised how Papa had grown more grey hair over the course of one year. I guess it was all my fault, making him worry all the time.

"So you and Taecyeon..is it serious?" Papa asked, concerned. 

I took a moment to let the question sink in. Are we?

"Why else would he risk his job and come here just to find me?" I replied, wondering myself. 

"And then punch Henry because he thought you were cheating on him?" Papa countered, which made me silent. 

"Ying Jie, it's not that I dont want you to be with Taecyeon. He is a young man coming from a rich family. I know his parents willnot easily accept any girl to be with him. I dont want you to get hurt because of that. If you really want to be with Taecyeon, I will not object. However, I want you to know that whatever happens, I will always be here for you," Papa said, holding my hand. 

I was touched by Papa's words. I guess seeing me in an abusive relationship made him worried much. I felt a lump in my throat as he continued to speak. 

"Your body was here but not your soul, Ying Jie. That was you before Taecyeon came. I saw how your face and your eyes light up when he arrived. I can see he makes you happy. But, I dont want you to get your hopes up on this, especially after what happened to you in the past," Papa expalined. 

I nodded in understanding. 

"Give me time to see whether he is really good for or not. I need proof that he will and he can take care of my daughter when I'm gone," Papa said again, in a calm tone. 

I felt tears b in my eyes. I tried not to look at Papa because I did not want him to see me cry. 

"I'm sure he's a good young man Ying Jie. I see how he always try to protect you. I see how he sees you," Papa said, smilling. 

"Thank You, Papa. For believin in me, and Taec Oppa," I said, leaning my head against Papa's shoulder. 

"How could I not believe my only daughter," Papa replied, chuckling as he reached over to ruffle my hair. 

***
Gui Gui

"I miss you," Taec Oppa murmured that night after dinner. 

After dinner prepared by Taec Oppa, Papa decided to go for a walk along the beach with Henry. This was our chance to be alone. 

"I know," I said, lying on his chest.

Taec Oppa then sat up, pulling me to straddle him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, anticipating his kiss. He leaned ever so slowly, and kissed me lightly on the lips, leaving me dissapointed. Sighing, I sat down, pulling myself away from him. 

"I'm sorry Gui Gui. I really am. I want you too, so bad. But I have to impress your dad. We have to do it his way. Be patient, okay?" He said, pulling me back towards him. 

I sighed and nodded. As dissapointed as I was, the most thing now is for Papa to accept Taecyeon whole-heartedly. 

"Oppa, what will happen next? I'm sure by now Yoona must have realised you are gone," I said worriedly. 

"I'll protect you. No matter what," he said, gritting his teeth in anger at the mention of Yoona's name. 

I stared at Taec Oppa as I wondered how long will it take for Yoona to find out that we're back together. And when the time comes, what will happen?