Sweet Goguma

Runaway Little Ghost

 

Seohyun

Its nice to be back at home to be with my parents. As an only child, I was the apple of my parents eyes. Omma had a hard time letting me go to college, but despite that, she let me go with the hopes that I will make her proud. Appa was proud that I got accepted into college. All of their hardwork raising their only child paid off. I am glad that I was able to make them proud. 

I woke up that morning, thinking of helping Omma in the kitchen. I walked over to the kitchen and smelled somethng nice. Omma was there preparing for breakfast.

"Oh Seohyun~ah, you're up. Come, help Omma prepare the table," Omma said, greeting me with her smile. 

"De Omma," I answered and walked over to the table. 

"Oh, Omma, is that goguma?" I asked, pointing at the pot, boiling. 

"Eii cham, uri dal~..of course Seohyunnie..Omma made that especially for you," Omma answered, reaching up to squeeze my nose playfully. 

"Ah Omma! Ap-pa," I pretended to rub my nose. Omma laughed. 

Just then Appa came in. I greeted Appa and invited him for breakfast. Appa, being the quiet type, nodded and sat down. I carefully pour Appa his favorite green tea. Then I invited Omma to sit down before I sit down myself.

"Jalmokesimida!"  And we all starts eating. 

"Oh Seohyun~ah, why are you not inviting your Yong Oppa over?" Appa asked suddenly. 

That question made me choked. I coughed, reaching for my drink. 

"Oh, wae? Kenchana?" Omma asked, rubbing my back. 

"Ani yo omma. Na kencahana," I answered after gulping my drink. 

"Is he busy?" Appa asked. Aishh..Appa wont let this go. 

"De Appa, he's a little busy practicing with his band. They're going to have a gig soon," I explained. 

"Oh guere? Ahh..then when he's done bring him over okay? Appa and Omma wants to see him," Appa said, finishing his breakfast. 

"De Appa. Arrasso~yo," I answered obidiently.

After cleaning the kitchen and the rest of the house with Omma, I went inside my room. Just then my phone rang. Ah, Yong Oppa's calling.

"Hyun~!" I heard him called. I giggled.

"Ai wae? What's so funny?" he asked, as I giggled. 

"Nothing Oppa. It's just the way you call my name..It's kind of cute," I answered. 

"Hmm..I miss you Hyun~" he sounded down. 

"I miss you too Oppa. Ah, by the way, Appa asked me about you," I said.

"Ah jinjja? What did he say?" he asked. 

"He  asked when can you come over," I said, anticipating his reaction. 

"Ahh..that..." he said. 

"Wae~yo oppa? Shiro?" I asked, a bit dissapointed. 

"Ani Hyun~ah..it's just..wel, I..uh, I just dont think I'm good enough to meet your parents yet. I think I should prepare more so I that I can go meet them with dignity," he explained. 

"So now you dont think of coming here?" I asked, already dissapointed. Is he just playing me?

"Ani Hyun~ Dont take this the wrong way. Of course I'd like to meet your parents, as your official boyfriend. But I have to be ready first. I'll come soon, dont worry," he explained again, trying to make his point. 

"Mmm..arassa Oppa..I believe you," I said, tyring to believe his words.

"Hyun, I have to go now. They boys are calling on another practice," he siad in a hurry.

"Okay Oppa, see you," I said and instantly he hung up. 

There are times when I feel like I could not trust Yong Oppa. Why isnt he coming to see my parents yet? I always wondered. 

***

That night, Appa and Omma invited me to join them to go downtown. According to them, there's a festival. Omma said that there will be a lot of food stalls and other stalls too. Appa said there will be various performance on stage. I tagged along even though I was abit down because of Yong Oppa. 

We went staright into where the stall are. 

I was in awe at how many foods were sold here. It has been so long since I stroll down the market like this with Appa and Omma. Appa gladly bought me a few of my favorite street dishes. Ahh..there goes my diet! Omma also bought some veggies and meat and seafood to cook for tomorrow. 

After a fullfilling meal on the street, Appa led us to where the stage stood. There were a lot of people gathering to see the performance. I have to stand on my toes to see what's on the stage. Seeing I had much trouble watching the performance clearly, Appa and Omma brought me to the side and luckily enough, we found a spot near the stage. We could see everyone clearly from that side. 

Just then the MC annouce the next band that will playng next. I could not really hear what he said but when my eyes darted to the stage, I could nt believe what I saw. 

Right there, I saw Yong Oppa together with his band on stage. Yong Oppa was carrying his favorite guitar. He came on stage and he scanned through the crowd, as if looking for someone. Just then he saw us. He smiled and winked at me. I was too stunned to react. How come Oppa didnt tell me that he's performing at my hometown? 

And the Yong Oppa took his seat and started speaking. He firstly introduced his band and himself. Then...

"We'll be performing a song that I wrote. This song is inspired by a girl I fell in love with. She is here tonight..so, enjoy the song," he said and gave cues to his band to start. I was speechless. He wrote a song for me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUQoFncEhHQ

He was staring at me the whole time he was singing. Our eyes met the entire song. I felt as if no one was there except for the two of us.

When the song finished, he came down the stage and walked over to where I stood with Appa and Omma. I blushed, meeting Oppa in front of Appa and Omma. Omma was totally fan girling. She became more excited when Yong Oppa came to us and spoke politely to Appa. 

"Annyeonhaseyo. Yonghwa imnida. Sir, I would like to formally tell you that I am the one dating your daughter. I apologise for the delay. I am now asking for permission to come to your house to get to know you and Omoni better," Yong Oppa said and bowed. 

Omma and I both turned to look at Appa. Appa was quiet, his face expressionless. I was already afraid that Appa will not approve of this relationship. And just then, Appa slowly smiled. He patted Yong Oppa's shoulder. 

"Of course, my son. You are always welcomed," Appa said, shaking Yong Oppa's hand. 

Yong Oppa was so happy that he could not stop smiling. Omma and I sqeualed in delight. I can tell, Omma was already a fan of Yong Oppa. Yong Oppa then turned his focus on me. He smiled but kept his distance. Normally he would come up and give me a kiss. But now he kept his distance. I can tell he is trying to limit our skinship because Appa and Omma was around. 

"See you later, Hyun~" he said, winking and turned to the stage. 

They continued their gig and we all cheered for them. I felt so proud seeing my namja performing charismaticaly on stage. He looked so handsome. Once in a while he would look at me. Omma turned into a fan girl, occasionaly shouting "Yonghwa jjang!". I laughed at Omma. Sometimes she can be so funny. Appa occasionally nod his head to the music and clapped when the song is over. 

Just then, a middle-aged man came towards us. He shook Appa's hand and nodded towards Omma. Appa introduced him to me as my uncle. He is his first cousin. Appa and uncle had a lttle chat and afterwards the man left. Appa came up to me. 

"Seohyun, your uncle was wondering whether your Omma can help babysit his toddler tomorrow. I told him I can ask you. I think your Omma deserves a break. What do you think?" he asked. 

Babysitting? Me? Ahhh..ottoke????

 

 

 

 

*** Hey everyone! Wow! Almost a 100 subscibers! Thank you so much! haha! I wish you silent readers would comment though. I wanna know what you think. Anyways, I hope you like this update, especially Gogumas. Next update will be about our TeacGui. So stay tuned! xoxo ***