School !

Runaway Little Ghost

I always hate the alarm. Oh well, without it I would be sleeping in every morning and skip breakfast. Without breakfast, I am literally making myself sick and get stomach ache. 

It was really cold that morning. I decided to shower anyways with warm water. After a nice hot bath, I went into the kitchen, only to find breakfast is ready. My housemate, Seohyun was busy pouring milk. 

"Oh, unnie! Good morning! Sit down unnie. I made you your favorite American breakfast," Seohyun said as soon as she saw me. 

I smiled at her and took my seat. 

I met Seohyun last year. She greeted me first in class. . Seohyun was really nice to me. She was a very beautiful lady. Her hair was dark brown and straight all the way down to her back. She has this calm aura to her. And beleiev me she is indeed very smart. Coming all the way from Taiwan, I knew zero Korean. Seohyun was the first to speak to me. Everybody else kind off kept their distance because of language barrier. I thank God there and then because Seohyun actually spoke decent Mandarin. She was not afraid to speak her broken Mandarin in order to make me feel comfortble. I remember being uncomfortable being the only foreigner in the class. Seohyun is 2 years younger. However, due to her genius state, she managed to skip grade and join my class. We both majored in Drama and Performing Arts. Since then, we became best friends. She was almost like a sister I never have. She is my family here in Seoul. 

"Unnie, eat up. The milk's getting cold," Seohyun jolted me back from my daydream. 

"Arasso," I said as I started to eat the delicious scrambled eggs she made me. 

"Unnie, are you ready for today's class?" Seohyun asked.

"Ahh..today..hmm," I nodded, drinking the milk.

"Wae yo unnie? Are you okay?" she asked, looking at my face as if I'm sick.

"Music huh? I dont think I can do it," I admitted. 

Believe me, I am all for accting. But when it comes to music, I am not that confident. Heck, I didnt even finish my piano lesson back in Taiwan. 

"Kenchana yo unnie?" she asked again, worried. 

"I'm fine. I'm just nervous, thats all. It'll be like the first day of school today, huh? I guess you wouldnt have problem. You are a piano genius after all," I said, playing with the spoon. 

"Aniyo unnie. I'm not that good, " Seohyun said, frowning at my compliment. 

Ahh, Seohyun, always so down to earth. 

***

I like snow, dont get me wrong but coming from a warm country, this is killing me! I really struggled walking on the thick snow in my grey boots and blue coat. Seohyun on the other hand walked gracefully beside me, with a pretty smile on her face. Ugh, I am so the opposite of her! 

We finally arrived at the univeristy hall. Okay, so I havent mention the name of the school I'm going. It's Seoul International Arts University, Basically its a school that will produce who's who in the K-Pop business. From music to drama to musical theatre. Why I was here? Well, after my parents' divorce, I decided that I need a changed of scene. Dad was not happy with the idea of havng me miles away from him but eventually he gave in and wished me the best. So here I am. I managed to master the Korean language after a six month course. And I guess my Korean got better since then. 

"Hyun ~~ !" 

Just then, Yonghwa came up towards us. As soon as he sees Seohyun, his smile widened. Of course. They have been dating for almost 5 months now. 

"Oh, oppa! Annyeong!" Seohyun said, smiling back at Yonghwa. 

"Oh hi Gui Gui," Yonghwa greeted me. 

"Hi Yonghwa," I answered, bracing myself for what's to come next.

As always, Yonghwa grab hold of Seohyun's hands and kiss her on her cheek. Seohyun blushed. Embarrassed that Yonghwa has the nerve to do it in front of me. 

"Can I steal her now?" Yonghwa asked me, half jokingly. 

I laughed. Yonghwa, always so teasing, but kind at the same time. Sometimes its hard to watch them without feeling a pang of envy. 

"Oppa, wait! I need to get unnie her forms," Seohyun said as soon as Yonghwa started to walk away. 

"Ani, kenchana Seohyun-ah, I can do it. You go with Yonghwa oaky? I'll see in class," I aid, not wanting to interrupt them.

"Are you sure unnie?" Seohyun asked, looking guilty that she has to leave me on my own. 

"Yah, just go already before I start getting angry!" I said, pretending to be mad at Seohyun. Seohyun is used to my jokes anyway. 

"You heard her Hyun, lets go! Thanks GG!" Yonghwa said to the both of us and dragged Seohyun away. 

Okay, annddd I'm alone again. Here goes nothing, i thought to myself as I took the forms and stepped into the music hall.