Coincidental Chances

Runaway Little Ghost

 

A few days earlier

Taecyeon 

I was doing some assignments in my apartment when I heard somebody punching in the door bell. I got up to see who it was from the intercom. Sighing, I dragged myself to the main door to unlock in. My dad, what does he want now? I hope this isnt about Yoona because I am so over it already!. 

"What?" I said as soon as I saw my dad standing at the door. 

"I dont remember not teaching you any manners, Taec," he grumped and walked pass me to the living room. He then help himself out with a glass of wine from the mini bar. I ignored him and sat on the couch, continuing my work. He sat just acroos me and twirling his glass. 

"Taec," he called out. I glanced at him. What does this old man want?" 

"I want you to take over the piano tutoring," he said simply, and drank what's left in the glass. 

Taken aback, I dropped my pen and looked at him, wide-eyed. 

"You want me to what?" I said, too late to reallised that my voice was higher than usual. 

"I want you to take over the piano tutoring. Apparently Mrs Park got sick and wont be around for a little while," he explained, putting the glass on the table. 

"What if I say no?" I challenged. I am not in the mood to tutor some juniors. I have a whole lot to do myself. 

"You have no choice. Be at the hall tomorrow 8am sharp," he said, well, more like ordering. 

"Dad! I dont want to!" I protested. 

"You'll be tutoring just a few kids from the Drama and Arts department. I'll pay you, dont worry," he said, as if I have not spoken a word. 

"Dad, I wont do..wait! Did you say Drama and Arts department?" I said, realising what he mentioned earlier. 

"Yes. Its compulsory for them. So help them pass , will ya? Okay, I gotta get going," dad got up and headed towards the door. And just when he was about to walk out, he stopped and turned to me. 

"Lose that weird cat doll, will ya? Show people you're a man," he said and opened the door to let himslef out. 

I was not really listening to him because I was too happy to hear that I might have a chance at getting close to Her. But, what if she didnt want to pick piano as  her major? I started to worry myself. My mind started to drift back to the days when I used to watch her from far, smiling and talking to Seohyunnie. I was caught day dreaming by Khun once and Khun, knowing me, teased me a lot. I would wait for the time when she will get ready to go back home after class and watch her gather her things at the locker, never failing to drop things. Based on my observation, she can be careless at times. She has this personality that made me feel like I need to protect her. 

I was back in the garden. I looked around and saw no sign of her. A few seconds later, I heard rustling of grass. Butterflies flew as if someone had pass them. The, right there, I saw her runnig towards me. She looked terrified. She kept running and once in a while she lloked back. What is she running away from? She was getting closer and suddenly she ran straight towards me and instinctively, I caught her. She moved to my back as if wanting me to shield  her from whatever's chasing her. I felt her small arms circling tight around my waist. I felt her breath heavily. I saw nothing coming.  turned to face her. One hand at her waist, holding her close to me, the other cupping her small face. I noticed her eyes teary.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, lifting her chin up so that I can see her face clearer. 

She was speechless. She hugged me tight, leaning her head agaisnt my chest, as if to listen to my heartbeat. Her eyes closed. I smelled her hair. It was flowery and at times smelled like strawberry. I kissed her head and she looked up at me. I leaned closer to her face and just when my lips almost touch hers, she dissapeared, again. 

****

"Good morning hyung!" I heard Henry called out. We were in the hall together with other seniors who were about to be tutors for juniors. We arrived early to the hall to set up our instruments. Henry walked over to me. 

"Oh hey Henry!" I said, greeting him with a smile. I've known Henry for a while now since he's my classmate in a few minor subjects. He is one of the best studenrs in school because of his multi-talented skills. 

"So you're tutoring too? " he asked, gesturing at the grand piano beside me.

"Unfortunately,' I joked, still feeling a bit awkward at the fact that I'm tutoring. Every now and then I would glance at the entrance. 

"Why not? You're really good at piano. I've seen you play," Henry complimented, which made my ears felt hot. 

"But not as good as you. I mean you can basically play anything," I complimented back. Henry laughed. 

"This will complimenting will never ened between me and you, huh hyung?" he joked and we both laughed. 

"I gotta get to my place, hyung. See you later," Henry smiled and excused himslef. He went over to his place and took out his violin for some tuning. 

Just then the juniors started to fill in the hall. I looked over at the entrance, looking for that one small face. And just when I thought she would never show up, I saw her entering the hall. And after a few strides, she fell right in front of Henry. I could not help but chuckled. I saw Henry lend a hand to help her up. She smiled and took Henry's hand. Something felt burning at the sight of her habing skinhsip with Henry. I looked away and just as I thought, I looked over again. This time I saw Henry striked a converstion with her. I saw her eyes wide in delight. I could not hear what they were talking about, which kind of frustrate me a bit. Right then I wish I was the only man who can make her laugh and smile. And then Henry started ro play the violin. Just as expected, people started crowding his place. I shook my head and smile. Henry always draw attention wherever he goes, even when he doesn not intend to. After Henry finished playing, she stood by Henry's side once again and have this indecisive face to her. I saw Henry motioned the entire hall to her. Just before she left, Henry gave her a gentle punch to her fist.

I looked down at my piano and started playing some random songs. I forced myself to focus on the piano and out of nowhere, I played the cat song. I kept playing until I realsied someone standing near me. I looked up and was surprised to see her. I greeted her and she greeted me back. She scracthed her head. I almost laughed but stop myself. And just then, I hear a song in my head. I was nervous with her around me this close. But at the same time, I was really happy. I played the song I have in head and then abruptly stopped. 

"Why?" she asked, a slight dissapoinment visible over her small face. 

I chuckled.  "Havent found the right melody to finish it," I said, smiling at her.

"Are you interested n learning the piano?" I asked, taking my chances. Inside, my heart pounding nervously. 

"Oh, umm..I did played a long time ago but.." she answered and before she could finish I cut her in. 

"Oh good! Here, sit down. Let me see what you can play," I said, scooting over to make room for her.

And just the she almost tripped and fell and in time, I caught her arm and helped her up. This girl has a knack for falling down or tripping on something. 

"Are you okay?" I asked as I helped her up. 

"I'm fine," she said, slowly letting go of my hands off her arms. Realising that I  made me uncomfortable, I immediately let go of her hand. 

"Sorry," I said. 

"Its okay, thanks," she replied and  sat down next to me. 

She started playing The Cat Song. I followed suit in an octave higher. 

When we finished, we looked at each other and after a few  seconds, broke into a laugh. 

"So, do you wanna sign up?" I asked her. 

"Errmm...." she hesitated. I caught her eyes and was instantly mesmerized by them. 

It felt like a dream when I saw her sign up to be my student. I have to thank Seohyunnie and Yonghwa for somehow encouraging her to sign up. I could not help but smile widely. Today is definitely a lucky day for me. 

****

Just when I thought I could not get any luckier, here I am driving home, with Her in my car. She was totally conked out, probably due to exhaustion and cold. I could not help but stared at her sleeping face. She has all her guards on while she was awake and now sleeping, she looked serene and calm. He eyes closed, her nose so small, her lips full. I started to wonder what it will be like to kiss her. I stopped myself before I could think any further. If there's one thing my dad taught right, its that gentleman dont imagined things like that when she is around. I smiled. 

I guess she was totally knocked out because by the time I carefully carried her upstairs to my apartment, she has not woken up a bit. I put her down slowly on my bed and cover her up in my comforter. I sat beside her on the bed and after spending ages just staring at her beautiful face, I went out to cook dinner. Then I went into my room and took out my white shirt anf pants for her to wear. Maybe she need a good hot bath. I found myself imagining how small and fragile she will look like when wearing my clothes. I chuckled at that thought. Somewhere inside my soul I wish she would stay longer...

 

 

 

***Hi peeps! So sorry for the late update. I decided to update a long one to make up for yesterday. I was spending the night at the hosp yesterday and it was hard to get a really good internet connection there so..oh well, hope u like this update. And wow! I cant believe my subscribers are increasing day by day! Thank you so much for reading! I would love to hear comments from all of u..and maybe upvote? hehehe..well, things have been well. My mom looked better. Got blood transfusion these past couple of days. Blood count still low but bearable. Doctors said maybe in a few days time she can be  discharged home while waiting for next chemo. Yayy! Okay, so nxt update I was thinking of YongSeo moment. So Gogumas, watch this space! xoxo ***