Mystery #8

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Stealing was the worst idea ever. Trying to look less suspicious was much easier compared.

Yoo Jung remained as calm and unnoticeable as she has always tried to be while making her way to the boys’ lockers.

What Ravi had forgotten to tell her was the fact that the ring had been kept in their rugby team boys' locker room. Though she couldn't help thinking how inappropriate a hiding place that it was, she worried about entering unnoticed. On the other hand, it was a perfect hiding place. Nobody would ever suspect a stuffy and man-salty-sweat-filled locker room.

The fact was nobody might even knew if all those days of bullying ever happened or they could probably all played a part, ignorance or not. Who cared to defend a poor scholarship kid?

Just like how she was now. Apparently news about her had already spread like wildfire. Along corridors as long as there were students, she heard whispers about her so-called life.

"Heard she's another scholarship student." One girl sneered when she walked past. Yoo Jung kept her eyes front and continued walking. What are results to these rich kids? All they really care about is how rich your parents are.

"Didn't you know? They say Madam Kim gave her direct school admission. Who knew what she did. Might be a servent in the house." Another boy commented with an indifferent shrug.

“We all know the Kims are really kind people. Awwww just like how kind our Minseokie looks when he smiles~” another girl beamed into the air. Yoo Jung almost rolled her eyes. What do they know about that pretentious being? She wondered how would they react when they knew the real him.

"Ah! Does that mean she's living under the same roof with Minseok Oppa???!!!" One girl with a sharp voice exclaimed next. Yoo Jung only hastened her pace. 

Meanwhile Ravi paid no attention to the people still hanging around the common corridor. He was really only focused in getting the ring back and gestured every now and then for Yoo Jung to catch up. Ravi himself, couldn't remember much of his past life. His most vivid memory was his death then Jae In, then bits and pieces of Kang Ji Ho's gang bully.

Yoo Jung only sighed deeply and followed closely behind him, tuning out the muffled voices around her.

But that wasn't the worst.

They were just a corner away from the lockers when she spotted Minseok walking out of the Coach's office.

Ravi stopped abruptly too, beside her. It was actually really hilarious because despite the fact that Minseok couldn't even see him, Ravi was acting like someone who was guilty.

"I must be really unlucky." Minseok said and tucked his hands into his pants pockets. Yoo Jung almost rolled her eyes but now wasn't the time to be affected by his rude comments.

"I must be even more unlucky." She muttered but just enough for Minseok to hear. The latter took a deep breath and removed his hands from the pockets.

"You’re blocking me." He said finally with his usual cold poker face. Yoo Jung glanced around and snapped.

“Can’t you see this wide space beside me?!” She stretched out her arms and waved them around.

Minseok continued to stare at her with his unreadable expression and Yoo Jung was certainly reaching the limits of her anger. That must be the one thing she couldn't put a finger on. She didn't know why and how he affected her mood so much.

“Move.” Minseok ordered and Yoo Jung stepped aside without another choice. It wouldn’t be nice trying to argue with a jerk. He took a step forward and stopped suddenly when he was beside her, he pulled something out from his pocket and tossed it to her. Yoo Jung caught the box just in time before it hit her head.

“I found this on the floor in the boys’ locker room just now while making my rounds.” Minseok said with a flat voice. “You might want to have it since,” He bent down so he could whisper in her ears, “a free loader like you might fancy more free things.”

The suppressed feeling in her chest exploded in the very instant when she heard the soft crackle in his sa

Please log in to read the full chapter