Mystery #5

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It is really strange and devastating how everything seems to return to normal after leaving my fortress. The one disadvantage is how I can’t pretend I didn’t see them. This boy has been following me ever since I alighted the bus. I can’t pretend to not see that big and deep wound on his neck. It isnt hard to guess how he died.

You can see me! His eyes wide with amazement.

They normally don’t talk, but instead send me their thoughts. So it is like having two voices in your head, one yours and the other, his.

He’s walking backwards now, skipping and dancing around me. As much as I want to evade him, there’s just no way to do it discreetly. I can’t possibly be walking zig-zag all the time when there’s actually supposedly logically no one directly before me.

“What do you want?” I whisper, eyes darting everywhere just in case anyone hears. But I am close now, I can already see the main gates of that all too grand school.

You can see me! Finally someone sees me! Can you help me? You can right? You will right? 

I close my eyes briefly but the scale of SM High caught my breath. Seeing it in photos and with my own eyes is practically two different things. The school would’ve completely passed off as a university if not for that big school crest hanging from the first building.

Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hello~? Yoohoo? Hi? Will you help me? 

The boy returns into my field of vision and I jump involuntarily earning a few odd glances from the other students entering the gates around me.

“Can you stop?!”

Bump. Someone bumps into my shoulder and I lose my balance falling for the ground. This is it, I squeeze my eyes shut, embarrassing myself on my first day in school. But instead of impact, a pair of hands holds me up steadily.

When I open my eyes again, a boy with tanned skin and a pair of bright big eyes is staring at me with a worried expression.

“Are you okay? I’m so sorry I didn’t see you there.” He slaps his hands together above his lowered head apologetically, but steals a glance with one eye when I didn’t answer.

“Ah...it’s okay. I’m fine.” I say pulling the corners of my blazer. 

He straightens up and his lips break into a cute smile. There isn’t even a hint of arrogance in his expression. He seems to radiate warmth in a way that I have forgotten about my awful morning in the moment.

“I haven’t seen you around before. Are you new?” He asks and some of the girls seem to look excitedly in our direction, or rather at him, as they walk pass. Though he is totally focused on me at the moment and that make me a little uncomfortable. Is he someone popular?

“I just transferred here. Today’s my first day of school.” I answer but can’t help noticing the smile

Please log in to read the full chapter