Mystery #42

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Shouldn’t you tell him how his mother died? Don’t you think it is finally time to let him know the truth?” Luhan asked the Grim Reaper standing before him and then at Lee who help the older woman in his arms dearly.

The Grim Reaper’s true form was that of a man dressed in full black, a piece of long misty looking black robe that seemed to have a life of its own, flowing like a stream of Black River against the silent air. On the back was a snow white feather etched in bright contrast against the mysterious greyish black, as if it was the feather that gave life to the Reapers.

Lee was one who answered the question, “He would be too overwhelmed. She protected the secret from the little boy then, she might not be ready to reveal the truth so soon. He is but a high schooler now. He is still too young.” His voice was that of a whisper, as if every word seemed like needles poking at his throat.

Luhan closed his eyes briefly and never breathed a single word on that matter again.

“I’ll get going too.” He said, his tone however, was that of self-mockery. When will I even wake up? Isn’t it too much for Yoo Jung and Minseok to shoulder?

 

 

The man dressed in only a bath robe stared at his reflection in the mirror. A creepy smile formed on that familiar face, but it was not his. A woman he barely knew last night in the club lay under the bed sheet still sleeping soundly from the whole night of passion. The thought of those curves made him trembled in satisfaction and trill. He inhaled deeply, closing his eyes. The sweet and sour scent of her perfume and body fluids filled his lungs with excitement. His hands were shaking and he was reminded of the pleasure, their throats wrapped around his fingers as they gasped for air. Their pleading eyes beaming with tears of fear reminded him of their foolish husbands waiting for them at home.

Last night he wrapped his hands around , and she was smiling and craving for more. She moaned as he moved his hands all over her flesh but it wasn’t what he really wanted. He wanted a little more fear in those yearning eyes. He wanted a little more metallic smell of blood from .

“This is true eternity. I can live forever.” He grinned from ear to ear and the woman in bed moved briefly. If she’d known his true identity and those dark secrets he was hiding, would she still be able to sleep so defenselessly?

This strong body he claimed, this man he took control over, was rich. His credit card didn’t even seem to run out of money. All the five star hotels he booked into, all the girls he fooled with and he knew he wasn’t satisfied at all. He chose him only for one reason, and that reason was the main reason that kept him from committing more horrendous crimes. He could frame him if he could of course. He could easily kill the woman in bed with these hands. But he wouldn’t do it. He needed this body to survive longer, to live healthily. That was the only reason this body was still useful.

He tilted his head staring at his face, and that face twisted with anger. Of his time here, he realized that there were few individuals who could see him; his true form. One of them, a strong priestess who recognized his face from an old newspaper article, one whom he easily killed by throwing her off the bridge into the cold river. Her body was found floating by the banks weeks later. The police couldn’t find any evidence of

Please log in to read the full chapter