Mystery #35

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Waking up beside each other wasn’t as awkward as she imagined, because there was no each other. She woke up to an empty bed and somewhat felt a little disappointed.

Minseok was already in the dinning room sipping orange juice while reading newspaper, without acknowledging her presence when she sat down opposite him by the dining table. She frowned at his indifference and reached out for a slice of toast. She was more interested in filling her growling stomach before questioning Minseok’s sudden un-enthusiasm.

“Wait.” Minseok said, not looking up from his newspaper.

“What?” She replied with the same frown on her face.

He looked up and put the newspaper on the seat next to him. “This.” He reached out for a plate of two already prepared jam centered toasts and placed it before her. “Eat this.” He said with a smile and ignored the giggles from the housemaids.

Yoo Jung laughed, defeated by his behavior. “Are you really going to do this to me?”

Minseok flashed her a puzzled look, a little too exaggerated for that pretty face of his. “Why not? After all, you’re my precious guest aren’t you?” He said with a little pout and Yoo Jung rolled her eyes, though she was actually smiling from cheek to cheek.

“Well it’s good to see that the two of you are getting along.” Halmeoni walked in on their little conversation and frowned when both their expressions hardened after seeing her. Lee was also beside her. He seemed worried too as far as Yoo Jung noticed.

“Halmeoni.” They both called almost in unison and lacked the same enthusiasm.

“What’s going on? Are you both unhappy to see me?” She asked anyway even when she knew for sure the reason why they were avoiding eye contact. She wasn’t feeling the best too, she didn’t approved of her own actions. Lee seemed to read her expressions and let out a soft sigh before walking out of the dining room.

“Halmeoni,” it was Minseok who broke the silence. The older lady turned with concern written all over her tired face. “Is this all your decision?”

She looked at him then at Yoo Jung who wasn’t eating at all. The young girl couldn’t meet her eyes.

“No it’s not.” She answered finally, almost in a sigh and that earned the two’s attention. She closed her eyes briefly. “It was actually your mom and Ji Eun mom’s one-sided decision even before you w

Please log in to read the full chapter