Mystery #40

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

The shift of focus did lighten the mood and Luhan was already walking towards the elevator. Yoo Jung took one last look into the glass window and frowned. There was something about the red mark on Luhan’s chest that she couldn’t quite wrap her head around. She felt as if she’d seen that before somewhere.

Whatever it was, Luhan mentioned that he wasn’t in any grave danger and whoever bound him to earth had to keep him here and the fact that, unlike other spirits, he hadn’t felt any discomfort being away from his body for so long. It seemed to be all the works of that mark. Whether or not it is a good thing, none of them could really wrap their heads around.

+ + + + +

The car stopped at a familiar place. Rather than familiar, both Minseok and Yoo Jung were shocked at their destination, the destination Luhan bought them to; Kim’s Mansion.

“Why are we stopping here?” Minseok asked while Yoo Jung nodded in bewilderment.

Luhan smiled and vanished. More like he ‘teleported’ to the main gate, beside where Halmeoni stood.

Minseok took a few large strides and frowned. “Halmeoni, were you expecting us?”

She smiled in acknowledgement yet something about her stance and expressions seemed off. She was her yet she was not.

Yoo Jung gasped in surprise. She seemed to have figured out what was going on.

“Who are you?” She asked Halmeoni, her tone wavered at the first syllable, yet seeing how comfortable Luhan was she could only soften her approach.

Madam Kim smiled and turned her heels towards the two puzzled children while raising a finger. “Come.” She gestured and they followed without another word.

Beyond a door she opened, stood Lee surrounded by religious statues and candles. Yoo Jung wrinkled her nose because the room smelled like burning incense. It was as if she’d walked into a temple furnace.

“Have a seat my children.” The older lady said gesturing towards the tatami mat in the middle of the room. A coffee table sits in the middle of the mat and two cup of hot tea was already prepared. She was definitely expecting them.

“Have a sip. You’ll feel better.” Halmeoni gestured and the two children complied.

Yoo Jung’s throat definitely felt better, and it almost seemed as if the choking incense dissipated.

Minseok cleared his throat nervously. “Lee what is going on?” he asked, and Yoo Jung realized it was the first time she saw that expression on his face, she didn’t know he was even capable of making them. He looked afraid, his beautiful eyes flickered with fear and emotion he hadn’t felt for so long.

Lee nodded slightly and glanced at the old lady.

“I am your grandmother yet I am not. You must have a lot of questions. Ask away my children.” She answered and her voice was gentle yet authoritative. Yoo Jung almost felt like she was talking to a Shaman in person.

“Are you a shaman? A witch or perhaps are you a Medium?” Yoo Jung blurted out and watched the lady smiled, amused.

“I am not. I am merely a strong presence that resides in this body.” She answered immediately.

Minseok shook his head. “Is my grandmother dead?”

That w

Please log in to read the full chapter