Mystery #29

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

The newly announced news had Yoo Jung stumped for words. Yet something else has been bothering her. She exhaled slowly, but everything around her sounded only like she was trapped in a void.

“Did…didn’t you say… Lee Ji Eun was the only daughter of Chairman Park? Why is her surname..” Yoo Jung managed, holding in her tears while ignoring the stinging feeling. She kept her eyes opened as much as she could and didn’t budge even when Hakyeon muttered something out of concern.

Jae In closed her eyes briefly and sighed. “Looks like Minseok did a really poor job getting you into this crazy world of ours. No offense Yoo Jung but the wealthy’s kids definitely knew everything going on in this circle. I heard that you were taken in by Madam Kim and you lost your parents. The old me would’ve shun away from people like you, thinking that you were only lucky to climb the ladder,”

Yoo Jung’s skin turned cold from Jae In’s honest remarks, but it was also the first time ever since she moved into this mansion that she felt so very out of place. She wasn’t born a rich, and somehow became an orphan, she had weird abilities to see the dead and she wished she couldn’t.

“Chairman Park has always been a rather superstitious man too much that his wife left him. He believes blindly in fortune-telling, thus ‘Lee Ji Eun’ isn’t his daughter’s real name. That was more like a ‘stage’ name. I’ve heard from my dad that Mr Park changed her name after her sixteenth birthday and brought her to all his business trips so that she can become his ‘wealth pot’. Amazing huh, to think that the Chairman of the biggest electronics group in the country went this far for his success… Oh right, her real name is actually Park Ji Yoo. Not that anyone even cares anymore. Everyone just called her Lee Ji Eun now.” Jae In continued, squeezing Yoo Jung’s shoulder lightly to assure her that she was not alone, though she definitely rolled her eyes when she said the real name.

“Can we not talk about this now Jae In, what is going on Yoo Jung? Stop scaring me! And where did that bas**** ran to?!” Hakyeon tugged Yoo Jung’s arm lightly but Jae In reached out and pulled his hand off of her. Yoo Jung’s eyes were boring into the now fuzzy looking carpeting as if everything blended into blurs.

So that’s what it was. Afterall I don’t even belong in this world of the wealthy. I should be back into my old life and remained that way, only having ghosts as friends. Why do I even feel like crying? I am making a fool out of myself here. Legs, please, move.  

“Yoo Jung, please.” Hakyeon’s voice begged desperately despite the onlookers who were actually more interested in the whereabouts of the now-gone fiancé.

Jae In bit her lower lips in frustrations. This was the first time she saw Yoo Jung acting like that and despite the fact that she knew about her true feelings towards Minseok, she never tried to push her for it. She thought it could all work out eventually between the two of them. Yet Madam Kim popped up now and dropped an atomi

Please log in to read the full chapter