Mystery #6

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Turns out Hakyeon is the captain on the school's basketball team. That explains his healthy tan but what's with Minseok getting an even hotter reception from the majority of the female students. I haven't even start talking about the amount of love letters he has on his table.

"Tch. What's so great about him." Hakyeon scoffed beside me. Right I forgot, my new seat happens to be right beside him. Talk about coincidences. There are only 20 students in the class and we sit in pairs so the classroom seemed all too spacious. Especially with Ravi squating right beside me, watching me with those creepy eyes. That's right, that's his name. The ghost has a name and coincidentally (just how many coincidences in a day) a past student of the school. Though he'd forgotten how he died. That's what I have to find out; that's his request.

It is something important. I just know. You promised to help me! So he'd said

A job on my first day of school. Just brilliant.

Sitting at the last row, my eyes naturally darted to Mr Even More Popular in the diagonally front row. He'd already chucked those letters somewhere and all I see is a tablet on his desk.

Right. There are no textbooks and so lessons are all downloaded into our tablets. Apparently Minseok must've done that for me since all Halmeoni did was to pass me that fragile light weight smart device. Prestigious school with over the edge technology = $. Thank god all I have to worry about is the grades part. Meanwhile Ravi lies down casually and eventually disappears into the walls once the teacher enters. I heave a sigh of relieve and earn myself an odd look from Hakyeon. No. No. No. Don't ask me anything.

"You seemed rather preoccupied." He looks at me arching a thick eyebrow.

"I'm not." That's it, the first step to keep my secret hidden, denial.

He gives me another curious glance but gives up eventually because the teacher begins talking. Mr Yoon our homeroom and math teacher is a middle aged man who looks like he's still in his thirties. I really wonder if it’s mostly Botox or he pretty much has a baby face. Why do I know this? Because his particulars is right there beside the every lesson curriculum.

And the best thing is that he didn’t even bother introducing me, or rather everyone just accepted the fact that there’s a new transfer student. I don’t bother finding out why because it’s definitely something to be happy about.

Less the formalities, the better for me.

Nonetheless, Mr Yoon always turns to Minseok for acknowledgment whenever he addresses student related matters.

Student Body President huh.

But I can’t help but notice something very different about Minseok in class. He's always smiling and to the other students around him, his smile seems permanently pasted on that usually poker face.

The good thing is, he seemed less hateful this way, more normal.

The bad thing is, I actually find that smile rather attractive and Halmeoni's words always ring in my ears every now and then when I catch his smiles. Though it doesn't seem quite genuine; the smile never once touched his eyes, ever.

On the other hand, Hakyeon’s even more distracted than I already am. He's always muttering about how Minseok's this and Minseok's that. I ignored, completely. But of course, the jealous boy doesn’t even realize how the other students in class are looking at me, like I am the thorn in the flesh. Looks like not everyone accepted the fact that some random girl transferred.

It is then, maybe when I lifted my head absentmindedly in Minseok’s dir

Please log in to read the full chapter