Mystery #15

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Whatever led you here, the you of yesterday, it's not important...

Today is the rare days where she actually feels glad to be part of those upper class social gatherings. She might just have the time to have a private chat with Jae In. Finally, a load off her shoulders. Putting that aside, she has actually been staring at her dresses for quite a while, jaws literally hanging off her chin.

It has only been no more than a week since she moved here. She hasn’t really got a chance to take a thorough look at her wardrobe and now she’s absolutely fascinated by the vast selection of clothes Halmeoni prepared for her. She must’ve really wanted a granddaughter. But of course, I mean just look at Minseok. She scrunches her nose at the thought of him but moves her attention somewhere else before her mind can go all haywire over bed-hair-Minseok.

Just when she’s totally engrossed in choosing a nice dress for the gathering later, there is a soft knock of the door. Immediately she knows Halmeoni must’ve sent someone for her again. Because only the staffs of the household knock so gently, or well, probably they are the only ones knocking.

When the door opens, indeed one of the maids walked in with a box in her hands. On closer look, it is the newest model of one of the nation’s most popular cellphone brand.

“This is for me?” She asks, her eyes twinkling in joy when the maid nods with a smile. She knows how this is totally free loading off Halmeoni but finally having her own cellphone seems like an occasion to call for a celebration. And the first person that pops into her mind is Hakyeon. She wonders what he’s doing. Is he going for the gathering too?

And breaking off her train of happy thoughts is another harder knock on the half opened door. Minseok is leaning against the frame again with a frown creased one his forehead.

“So Halmeoni finally gave you a phone?” He asks. But his tone suggests that this isn’t news to him anymore.

Yoo Jung nods matter-of-factly while the maid exits the room quietly leaving them alone. The air in the room feels heavier all of a sudden as though some unknown tension just shot up sky high. It must be her imagination because there seems to something different about the atmosphere around them as soon as the maid left.

Minseok takes his phone out from the back pocket of his kill-fit jeans and dialed a speed dial. Then Yoo Jung’s phone starts to ring. When the screen lights up she almost stomped her feet in annoyance. Displaying in big bold words is “Young Master” while the phone continues to ring like an annoying warning in her hand.

“Are you serious!?” Her voice comes out a little sharper than intended but whatever that is, she could really toss him into the Han River at this moment.

Minseok waves his phone in the air with a victorious smile on his face. “Aren’t you going to pick up? The Young Master is call~ing~”

Yoo Jung slides violently across the screen to hang the call up and a chuckle escaped Minseok’s lips but he has no intention to leave. Instead he strides into her room like a prince, as though marking his territory with every step he ta

Please log in to read the full chapter