Mystery #36

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoo Jung found herself looking at a familiar back.

"Where were you?" She asked. Oddly, she felt most comfortable with him even if he didn't belong in this space.

Luhan stood in the shadow of the trees looking at something in the sky with a smile on his face. Yoo Jung took a few steps forward until she was hidden in the shadows beside him.

"What happened to you?" She asked because she was really curious. Seeing him this close, she finally realized that what was lacking has always been the presence of his breath. She never felt or heard the sound of his breathing before, it was the one puzzle that finally made the full picture clearer. He always seemed too surreal to be real.

He shook his head, not because he couldn't remember, but because he didn't want to tell her. He wanted to at least leave that to Minseok.

"You miss him don't you?" She asked again looking in the direction of the dining room. Secretly, she was hoping he would chase after her. Aren’t girls all made this way? Walking away and yet hoping he would come to you chasing.

Luhan chuckled and nodded. "I miss him, as much as I miss you."

Yoo Jung gasped.

"Huh?"

He laughed. "Looks like you have really forgotten. That kind of makes me sad."

"What have I forgotten?" She was confused, but it wasn’t because she couldn’t remember, but because she seemed to know what he was referring to but couldn’t put the words right.

"We were close, in the past." He replied.

A boy, two boys; vivid dreams of hers struck suddenly like a flash of lightning. "Hide and Seek." She blurted out.

He laughed again, this time a little cheerier as if she’d solved the puzzle.

"You were the one who hid with me?”

He nodded in response, then shook his head.

“But isn't that just my dream? Was that a part of my memory?"

"It wasn't me. It was Minseok. It has always been him." He said and jerked his chin in the direction upfront, though it sounded a little bitter for some reasons.

Yoo Jung raised her head at where he was looking at and her heart skipped a beat.

Minseok stood before the back door regarding her, then started walking towards her in rather long strides as if he was in a hurry.

She couldn't tear her eyes away from this perfect presence moving towards her and she felt embarrassed at his advance. The closer he’d gotten, the naughtier those butterflies churned in her stomach.

Luhan giggled besi

Please log in to read the full chapter