Mystery #17

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jae In.

Something resonated from deep within Yoo Jung’s heart. Cautiously, she took a wary step towards Jae In. As y she was in school, the person now seems lonelier than anyone else in the compound.

What is she doing here all alone? Isn’t this a party?

Hearing the footsteps, the said girl turns and frowns when she sees Yoo Jung.

“What are you doing here?” Those judgments in her eyes don’t lie and Yoo Jung almost snorts at that rude question, but Ravi’s presence makes her a little more conscious of her own actions. She knows that somewhere around, he’s watching her with hopeful eyes.

Feeling the weight of the ring in her clutch bag, she takes a deep breath just before Jae In decides to walk away.

“Ravi ssi,” The first words from Yoo Jung’s mouth seems to work really well in stopping Jae In in her tracks.

The other girl turns and stares at her with a horrified expression as though someone has exposed her biggest secret. But those eyes of hers don’t really show any horror. Instead, all Yoo Jung sees is sadness. As if the name itself reminded Jae In of a sad memory.

“Whatever I’m going to say next is going to sound very ridiculous to you. But I want you to hear me out before you make any judgment.”

Jae In’s eyes darted behind Yoo Jung into the packed hall then back to Yoo Jung.

“So?” Yoo Jung asks, her hands seem to be shaking involuntarily. She’s definitely nervous. Especially when she caught sight of Ravi from the corner of her eyes. How should she even begin?

Jae In takes a defensive step back, and is literally glaring at her. But what choice she has but to reveal the hidden truth?

“What do you want?” Even her tone is defensive.

Yoo Jung reaches into her clutch and took out the letter first.

“I know this is going to sound very, weird and ridiculous, but please believe that I have no reason to lie to you. Ravi ssi, Ravi, he is a friend of mine, that I knew not too long ago,” Yoo Jung pauses momentarily but Jae In shows no signs of interrupting, so she continued without noticing Minseok, who’d long conceived himself well behind an artistically trimmed bush.

Not exactly eavesdropping, he reasons with himself while overhearing the entire conversation like he’s supposed to.

“Maybe you should read it.” Yoo Jung decides instead. Maybe reading the letter will sort things out a lot faster.

In the corner of her eyes Ravi waits for Jae In’s response. The soft music back at the house seems a little louder every second. Yoo Jung’s almost dying to leave. This is what she’s signed up for.

Jae In did as she was told. As she reads silently, tears begin to form at the brim of her eyes. A drop couldn’t resist falling, and so it did, hitting the paper with a soft thud.

Yoo Jung never tried to remember what she was told to write, but there was just one sentence that had her hanging; I’ve never left, I had to make sure you’re alright.

Ironic how it could sound creepy yet romantic at the same time.

For just a short moment she actually stopped to think if someone would do the same for her. But she almost laughed at how ridiculous the thought was.

“How… This letter..” Jae In manages in between breaths or sob.

“Ravi told me to write this.” Yoo Jung says, knowing exactly what the other girl wish to know.

“And this,” she passes the box to the half sobbing girl. “He wants you to have it.”

Jae In stares at the box in her hands and takes it hesitantly. Yoo Jung is definitely surprised how different the girl before her seems now than how she usually is in school.

Minseok looks through a small gap in the bush, somehow a part of him regrets being here, acting so sneakily, probing into someone else’s problem. This is unlike him. But he hasn’t exactly been the same ever since Yoo Jung came along.

Slowly, with shaky fingers, Jae In ope

Please log in to read the full chapter