Mystery #10

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Yoo Jung's POV

I have no idea why did I even agree to this. I barely even know him. But nonetheless he doesn't give me a very bad feeling. Somehow my heart seems a little more at ease when he's with me. It is weird but I guess his smile is magic.

The theme park isn't really crowded but I am more troubled by the thought that I might see some pale ghastly faces. Thank god the ahjussi from before didn't follow us here. To be honest, I never really liked theme parks especially after my accident. It is dark at most corners; the last time I came here was with one of my cousins. And that was the last time I ever see then again. I mean of course, what will you think if you see someone talking to a prop.

But I can’t refuse Hakyeon because I can’t refuse that anticipation and excitement in those hopeful bright eyes. Sigh.

"Let's go!" He's back with our tickets and grabs my hand suddenly, pulling me along. It must have been the lights and the atmosphere. Because my heart did not just skipped a beat. I stare at the hand grabbing mine, it is big but warm, as if my small hand just disappears. What is this sudden sense of security that I'm feeling? Why didn't I hate it?

For a second I've forgotten myself. I've forgot the fact that I am far from the typical ordinary. I only want to be a normal high school girl, on a date with someone special. But these fantasy bubbles pops as sudden as they appeared. Not when Hakyeon drags me excitedly in the direction of the haunted house.

The. Haunted. House.

I feel my own legs turning to stone but his hand on mine kept me from running away. I am not afraid. That is a lie. A wonderful lie I've been telling myself all these years. I am used to seeing them. That is a lie too. A perfect lie. But today I want to be a normal girl. Like any other girl. I want to be afraid. I want to scream. But I can't.

Because I can't scream at what others can't see. Is it so hard to be normal? To me, it is. So I follow behind his broad back, focus on the warmth of  his palm.

And we step into darkness.

 

"This isn't so bad." Hakyeon laughs when a scare actor pops out from a corner. I have to take a second look, to make sure that the blood on that ripped scalp isn't real.

Then I feel it; a different presence that sent a chill down my spine. And it was closing up on us.

"Can we walk a little faster?" I say tugging lightly at his jacket. Hakyeon turns around with an excited expression.

"Are you scared? Don't worry I am here." 

But my expressions must have puzzled him, because his smile soon turns into a frown. I must've have looked horrible.

"Let's go." He grabs my hand again, both hands, this time sending another different feeling to my heart. As if the disturbing feeling of being watched dissipates right into thin air. But of course, I know, it's still there.

I kept my eyes on the ground at the heel of his sneakers, and then before I realise, we're out of the dark.

Hakyeon doesn't release my hands, instead he pulls me a tad closer and bends down so he's eye level, watching me with his concerned eyes. 

"I'm sorry. I was too caught up with having fun, I didn't realise." He forces a smile, a little too apologetic to cheer me up but I smile back and he looks away rubbing his neck bashfully.

I haven't seen this side of him. Is he embarrassed?

"What shall we play next?" I ask and turn away from the Haunted House. The feeling of being watch still haunts at the back of my head so I'm desperately trying to leave the area.

Hakyeon, somehow being the really observant one, half hops infront of me. To be honest, I don't dislike having him around. Somehow my heart always skips a beat whenever

Please log in to read the full chapter