Mystery #31

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minseok stared blankly into the sky. He was a coward. He ran. And now, he was lying on the cold bench in the garden, away from those eyes of them adults. Away from Halmeoni, away from everyone, including Yoo Jung.

Yoo Jung…

His phone has been vibrating violently in his pocket for a while. Reluctant, he took it out and saw Baekhyun on the caller ID. He sighed and ignored it afterall. News really does travel fast. Of course, it wasn’t exactly a private announcement. He was aware of the media present in the ballroom. This should make it to the headlines tomorrow. Break some fangirl’s heart and so on. He laughed, bitterly at his own joke.

“Kim Minseok, looks like you can still joke.” He draped an arm over his eyes.

 His phone continued to vibrate loudly, annoyingly. He was about to toss it somewhere into the bushes but changed his mind at the last minute.

He was happy at least. That Baekhyun still cared, he always cared, he was the peacemaker and mood maker in their little group, he brought them together and yet continued to keep them together. In fact, this group of middle school friends still cared, but things had definitely changed. Many things changed after that accident. He knew, it was never the same with Luhan gone. He tapped the green icon and sighed.

“Kim Minseok, are you going to do this again? Running away again?!” Baekhyun shouted over the phone, and Minseok could hear his loud voice even without putting the poor phone to his ears.

“HEY KIM MINSEOK? ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?” Baekhyun shouted again and Minseok reluctantly brought the phone to his lips.

“Yes yes. I hear you perfectly fine, and you can speak with your normal voice dude. I’m going deaf.”

Baekhyun scoffed. “If only you are really deaf.” There was a long pause, neither of them spoke. Of course, it was the other angry male who broke the silence.

“So, what do you intend to do? Do you want our help? After all, she played a huge part…” he paused, as if wary not to hit on a landmine again. “What about Yoo Jung ssi?”

Minseok flinched when he heard her name. “What about her.” He blurted out without thinking and that seemed to make Baekhyun even angrier.

“What do you mean what about her?! Haven’t you already decide to..”

“I haven’t, and I can’t. Not now.” Minseok interrupted. Nothing was decided. Nothing ended.

He heard Baekhyun’s sigh and knew what he was thinking, he almost thanked him for remaining silent.

“Why don’t you talk to Madam Kim about it?” The other male asked in a tone more

Please log in to read the full chapter