Mystery #16

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Practice makes perfect. The two of them has spent the whole afternoon trying to master the art of walking, in heels. Yoo Jung has finally given up after a few rounds of falling; at least she can walk decently even though still awkward. On the other hand Minseok’s heart has been thumping like mad. He is dying to keep his focus on her feet instead of her, but whenever physical contact is necessary, his heart seems to react like a time bomb ready to go off anytime.

“I think we’re done here.” Yoo Jung says slipping off from the pair of heels, shakily. Minseok naturally extend a hand to her and just in time, to grab her by the elbow before she trips clumsily over her own foot again.

Skin contact.

There’s so much magic it does. So much.

Yoo Jung mutters a simple nonchalant thanks and slips off her heels. The sides of her feet have turned bruised red from abrasion and strain, she winces when she rubs her small toe.

Minseok bends down too, trying not to act really concern but his body language has already betrayed him. He’s leaning forward, his fingers yet again naturally caressing her tired feet.

“What are you doing?” Yoo Jung slips away from his touch. There’s something different about this Minseok she’s looking at. Or rather, Minseok has been different since their “walking session” began.

Who is this gentleman she’s staring at the moment?

Minseok looks up at her with a puzzled expression, actual genuine bewilderment. “Didn’t you hurt your feet? Are you sure you can still walk in this?” He points a finger at the pretty heels, eyebrows creased into a frown.

Yoo Jung crosses her arm while Minseok stands up with the pair of heels hooked in his fingers, his expression clearly doubting.

“Didn’t we practice just so I can wear this with no problem?” Yoo Jung counter asks. Sometimes she doesn't even get her own stubborness. 

This time, Minseok nods. “Well, at least you will be presentable.”

“What do you mean by that?” Yoo Jung snaps.

Minseok smiles with a shrug. He knew that worked. “Wouldn’t lose face because of you at least,” And pushed that pair of heels into Yoo Jung's arms.

“Can’t you just say something nice?”

Minseok stares into her eyes, his piercing gaze this time seems to freeze her on the spot. She feels as though a pair of cuffs has caught her and there’s no escape.

“That depends on my mo

Please log in to read the full chapter