Mystery #44

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ji Eun was already seated at the breakfast table when Minseok and Yoo Jung came in. Minseok had waited for Yoo Jung just to walk with her together to breakfast.

Madam Kim took a sip of tea and waited for either of them to speak. Her body was still aching from the possession few nights ago. She’d heard from Lee in the morning that the Grim Reaper had explained everything to the two children and she too was still coping with the story. There was tightness in her chest as she thought of him; her deceased husband. It has been so long, she knew that he was no longer the same. He already had no recollection of her and his past life. And to think that the evil spirit had affected Ha Dong Hoon's daughter and out of pressure she went along with the BOD's arrangement. Poor children.

Lee had told her to just handle the Board and leave the rest to them. Her body was fatigued from age and the possession, it seemed that as long as they could solve the mystery, she might be able to find out where her daughter-in-law's spirit went, safe or not.

“Halmeoni.” the children greeted her politely. She took a glance at Minseok and understood immediately from his eyes that he’d got everything figured out. She looked at Yoo Jung beside him and smiled to herself. I was right to bring her in.

Then, she didn’t know immediately that Yoo Jung’s family had gotten into an accident. She’d lost contact with the couple after they moved. She previously sent Lee to find out if they were doing okay, only then she found out they have perished in a fateful car accident, to which she now knew was also the work of the spirit. Also, many years passed and to suddenly see her dead husband was a great deal for her. She took months to finally accept the hard truth that he wasn’t the same person anymore. The Grim Reaper didn’t actually announce that he was trying to catch a murderer right away. She smiled again, gazing lovingly at the two children.

There were however, still many mysteries unsolved. The mark on Luhan’s chest seemed familiar to Yoo Jung but she couldn’t seem to remember where or how she’d seen it. Minseok had since told her to take things slow. He thought that maybe she’d seen it before the car accident. Ever since moving into this household, Yoo Jung had dreams on what seemed like her past memories. It was how she recognized and remembered Minseok and Luhan. Maybe those lost memories would eventually return.

This particular morning however, disrupted their usual peaceful days. Ji Eun was here with some other plans in mind; her motives were already rather clear to the two of

Please log in to read the full chapter