Mystery #39

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Han ah, aren’t you joining us for lunch today?” Ji Eun wrapped her arms loosely, nonchalantly, around Luhan, who was already packing his bag. Minseok who was leaning against the lockers at the back of the classroom gave her a long stare that seemed to scream - Why are you always getting all friendly with my brother.

Doe-eyed boy turned around and gave her a smile, she wrinkled her nose waiting for his reply. “I’ve already have a meeting today.”

“Ayeeeee, who is that huh? Are you seeing someone behind my back?” Ji Eun teased and winked in Minseok’s direction.

“Minseok’s getting all jealous.” Luhan picked up his bag and stood up, tilting his head towards the said male who made a face at that joke. Minseok knew, Ji Eun held a special place in Luhan’s heart. Luhan was probably just too stubborn to admit it, or judging from his brothers-over-lover character, he must’ve been afraid to ruin their friendship; or so he thought. He rolled his eyes again, and both of them caught it.

“So we’re going to have fun without you~” Ji Eun nudged Luhan’s sides and laughed, half skipping towards her seat to pick up her bag. By fun, she didn’t actually mean anything. Without Luhan’s company, Minseok was just going to send her home.

“See you soon.” Luhan said with the same warm smile and left. Somehow, his back seems heavier than usual. It was weird too how he never actually mentioned who he was meeting, but neither of them asked. Trust might not be the best word but it could be a promising factor to just watching him go without another discussion about it.

“So, Luhan bailed. Two of you, wanna hang out with us lonely souls?” Baekhyun and Suho appeared at the door with grins on their faces. Fancy them making a special trip down from boring home tutoring. The two of them in the classroom had already heard these cheery two biding goodbyes with Luhan in the corridor.

“Let’s go then.” Minseok replied without hesitant….

 

“Isn’t that Luhan?” Baekhyun pointed a long finger at the figure in the distance. “Ah, it really is him! Shall we go over?” The rest cooed and skipped towards the car Luhan stood at like a waddle of penguins. There was a woman beside him, frail looking enough but seemed only in her thirties. Ji Eun however stood rooted in her tracks recognizing her face immediately, call it instinct whatsoever. She wanted to cry but it was more horrifying than anything.

“What’s wrong?” Minseok asked with concern. He knew then, his bad feeling was a warning foretelling what was about to change. It was something grave enough that would eventually crush the 3 of them completely….

“Nothing, I’m just tired.” She replied coldly and turned her back at the sight. Her fists were clenched tightly to her sides her long manicured nails digging painfully into her delicate palms. Then, she ran as fast as she ever did with Minseok chasing after her. Blindly chasing, he was confused.

“Hey Luhan!” They gang called out to him after he helped the lady back into the car and waved her goodbye. For a moment Luhan was surprised. He looked around thinking that Ji Eun and Minseok might be there too but almost heaved a sigh of relieve when they weren’t anywhere near. Though his relieve was short-lived, his worries escalated when one of the guys started looking for Ji Eun.

“Aye channie, they were just here a moment ago, where’d they go?”

 

Luhan was quiet. Though his silence only mattered to Yoo Jung.  Minseok on the other hand wasn’t holding up too well. He felt his legs went soft and had to hold onto the wall for support.  Yoo Jung though, had a lot of horror to contain. She gradually brought her shaking hands to her face as the story was told and reconvened through her voice. It was an odd feeling to be here with them. She felt isolated from their past yet obliged to be here. She didn’t understand what happened between them and she felt left out as those memories were exclusive to them. Those memories she had no part in. Taking a deep breath, she did the unexpected.

Reaching out to both boys, she grabbed their hands and placed one over the other with

Please log in to read the full chapter