Mystery #33

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What are you doing here?” Minseok asked, reflexively taking a seemingly defensive step ahead so Yoo Jung was behind him.

Ji Eun gasped rather exaggeratedly. “Aren’t you happy to see me? After all it has been a long while.” She continued taking a short step into the room. Yoo Jung’s hair stood on their ends. Somehow she had a really bad feeling about this girl and she never doubted her intuition.

Minseok managed a sarcastic laugh. “You haven’t changed one bit. Aren’t you even remorseful? You definitely have some guts to show up here after what you’ve done.”

“I heard the Byuns have been taking really good care of him.” She replied indifferently, something about her really seemed off. Yoo Jung thought she looked angrier at the mention of “him”. Though she now knew who she was referring to; Luhan. But what she didn’t understand was how different Luhan seemed from any other entities she seen. Perhaps he was still alive? And in the corner of her eye, she saw Minseok flinched so slightly. She knew, his blood was already boiling.

Minseok took a really deep breath and she saw the smirk on Ji Eun’s face as if she’d won something rather despicably.

“So what?” He said through gritted teeth.

“Nothing,” The girl shrugged nonchalantly and raised a finger in Yoo Jung’s direction. “Why are you still here?” She asked demandingly. Yoo Jung’s eyes widened in surprise at the tone in the other girl’s voice. This Ji Eun before her isn’t the one she saw at the Ballroom earlier. This one was sinister as if something had possessed her. Yet she was just that. This was the real Lee Ji Eun everyone fancied.

Minseok shifted his posture and grabbed her slightly trembling hand, giving it a hard squeeze as if assuring her that he was dependable at this moment, that she could trust him, that he would not allow Ji Eun to say anything more towards her.

Lee Ji Eun seemed rather furious at the sight. She certainly felt humiliated, for her plan was all ruined. She wasn’t expecting this Yoo Jung to be here to foil all her plan. She was going to come back for Minseok and finish what has to be done. Now, as she saw the couple together, she felt vengeful. A certain rage boiled within her chest and she raised a voice a little, unable to control her temper.

“What is the meaning of this Kim Minseok?”

He tugged Yoo Jung’s hand lightly and she shifted closer to him. She could almost taste the scent of his shampoo with a mixture of a rather faint mineral smell of his sweat. A certain warmth had spread from his firm grip to her heart and she understood how much she liked being around him. He was cold, yet he was really warm. He must had a hard time alone ever since this girl appeared and she felt sorry for not being there with him, to even lend him a shoulder, to give him a hug.

“Isn’t it obvious enough?” He replied with a whole face of smugness.

Ji Eun took a very deep breath, it was so obvious that her whole posture was different now. She seemed as if she was trying very hard to control her stance, to not charge towards them in an unsightly manner.

Yoo Jung found herself staring at Minse

Please log in to read the full chapter