Mystery #28

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

The month passed with no big hoo-ha, much to Yoo Jung’s relief and now it is Friday again; Social Night. This week, the big rich man party will take place in the Main Ballroom of the Kim’s mansion, because Halmeoni seemed to have a huge announcement to make. Early in the day, the group of stylists has arrived at Yoo Jung’s door with their luggage-like make-up kits, bags of dresses and heels for her to try on. The Kims have their own personal stylist team, hired especially for important purposes that required special getting up.

Even so, Yoo Jung was used to this extravagant make over already, at the same time she noticed significantly how much her skin and hair have improved.

There was something else hanging in her mind. Fact was, the days have been harder to get by knowing that her feelings for Minseok had been getting slightly out of hand. She blamed it on his less cocky behavior and random surprising smiles, but she was actually quite satisfied over the fact that she has been able to remain indifferent about it, even with Minseok’s slightly changed attitude towards her in their daily lives.

Even now, while the stylists work on her hair, he stood by her door frowning at the wardrobe choices. She was left with no choice for he doesn’t really give her a chance to reject his ‘help’.

“I will not let myself lose face because of your failed wardrobe choices.” So he said.

There was however one good news, she hasn’t seen that weird Male Student’s spirit anywhere for the past week. Come to think of it, it has been a while since she saw Luhan around in the campus too. The thought of him was not entirely random. She had accidentally knocked over Minseok’s desk the other day when she sneaked in to look for a picture Minseok took of her while she tripped awkwardly over her own feet in school. She was surprised by a random ghost-passerby that was all. He had been using that to blackmail her over small issues like doing the maid chores such as ironing his uniform. It was weird how he found joy from teasing her.

It was then she saw the picture that fell from the book. In it, Minseok was smiling just like any other high schooler, with Luhan making an exaggerated expression beside him. They looked really happy, and blessed. What happened?

She couldn’t shake the thoughts away after that, and she couldn’t exactly tell him about it too. So now she sat before the dresser, stared at her own reflection while getting her hair done.

“This one.” She heard Minseok said to the cordi-lady at the rack and knew he had probably picked out the dress she was going to wear for the ball, but one thing sure, she never have to worry over his choice of her clothes, somehow he always knew what fit her best. Maybe he wants to become a fashion designer next time?

“I’ll be going now. Come out prettier.” He gave her a teasing smirk and closed the door behind him.

Yoo Jung rolled her eyes, but what followed was a slight disappointment that he was gone. Wait why am I even disappointed?

* * *

Classical music, extravagant lightings, huge expensive chandeliers and beautifully dressed guests, the grand hall was transformed into the perfect ballroom for a rich social party.

Her partner today, as usual, has only got to be Minseok. He wore a black designer single-ed jacket over a white shirt, paired up with a pair of black slim fit dress pants and a pair of Oxfords. Even without a tie, he was chic yet eye-catching for most of the female guests. He was overflowing with charisma, effortlessly.

Yoo Jung was now used to the rich etiquettes, she greeted and smiled and occasionally nodded to their questions and remarks over her stunningly beautiful black to dark blue gradient-coloured evening dress. It wrapped around her in a perfect fit and the halter strap placed much emphasis on her neck line. Minseok turned occasionally and mused at his ‘creation’ with satisfaction.

“How long are you going to smirk at your choice of dress?” She asked him with a small frown when they were finally done with most of the greetings.

Hakyeon emerged then from the crowd dress smart casually in almost the same style as Minseok, except the shirt was replaced with a dark blue V-neck tee and the Oxfords

Please log in to read the full chapter