Mystery #19

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

It is really strange how love does to people. It either kills you or heals you and there is just nothing you can do to prevent it.

I don’t know what happened to Ravi after that night. Maybe he went to somewhere nice, or maybe he continued to watch over Jae In. As far as I noticed, she was out in the garden the whole night, from time to time smiling fondly at the ring in her hand. On the other hand, I was glad I made the decision to help Ravi. Am I finally able to give someone closure?

But who will ever give me closure?

 

The week begins with the usual me getting up late, rushing to breakfast, Halmeoni asks Minseok to take care of me again followed by me rejecting the offer then death glaring session with Minseok and running to the bus-stop. But something is different today. Something is different.

I feel like I’ve been followed. But of course, Minseok is walking behind me. I turn a little to see that he is just strolling nonchalantly. And is that a smirk I see? Why does he always do things that I don’t understand? Is this a game to him? Do I look so easy to him?

Doesn’t he usually take the royal transport to class? So why is he following me. Nonetheless, I have almost forgotten how much questions marks I have inside my head. Why haven’t I stop to consider why Minseok knows so much about the ring? And that he was eavesdropping on Jae Im and I the other night. So I stop walking and turn around and almost scream.

Too close.

“Too close.” I say that aloud, conscious of the close proximity between us. If I’ve taken another step forward, I will have to kiss him again. No no no. Never.

Minseok smirks at me. He is clearly enjoying it, enjoying my embarrassment.

“I’ll be glad to wipe that smirk off your face with a slap.” I threatened, if that is even one. And he laughs. He laughed. Minseok never laughs, he should be the person with that cold poker unreadable face, but in this moment he is laughing. I want to get angry but I realise my heart has betrayed me. I couldn’t. He looks like a child, laughing over a simple game of chase or hide n’ seek.

Then he stops and my senses snapped back together with the ending of his laughter.

“Seo Yoo Jung,” the way he calls my name sends an odd wave of butterflies down to my stomach. What is he doing?

He is frowning now, he is regarding me with those sharp piercing gaze again and I take a wary step back, feeling heat burning my cheeks and ears and neck and I shall not go on about how nervous I am suddenly.

“What are you?” he asks and my world stops. I’ve never seen this expression on his face before. It’s like a mixture of a lot of feelings. Curiosity? Suspicion? Amusement? Impressed?

I try to say something but I feel like someone had placed a block of sponge in my throat and my mouth goes dry while I only frowns.

Did he…

“How did you know about Ravi? Who were you talking to in the Library? And the whole ordeal about Jae Im. Are you… can you…” He closes his eyes briefly while taking a deep breath. I feel as if the air was out of me.

Please log in to read the full chapter