Mystery #38

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

Minseok was seriously staring and that made Yoo Jung really nervous.

“What?” He said and his voice echoed through the empty corridor, sending chills down her spine. Nothing’s more chilling than having the patient’s spirit next to you. It was like seeing doubles but not exactly that relatable.

“I, err..” She was looking at Luhan and the boy only nodded slightly, bitterly.

Minseok turned to where she was looking at and froze suddenly. It doesn’t really take an idiot to know what she was seeing, and a part of him doesn’t really want to hear what she wanted to say next.

“He’s here.” She said as her gaze fixated on his, unwavering. Her heart thumped against her chest as if a girl just confessed to the boy she likes, except it took a rather paranormal twist and she could feel Minseok shivered just so slightly. At least Luhan smiled a little at his best friend’s reaction.

Neither of them spoke. There was only silence and it was a little sad with the regular beeping sound of machine in the background.

“For how long?” Was all he managed through his shaking voice. It was as if he had already read her mind, or what she was about to confess.

She wanted very much to scream, for it breaks her heart to see how Luhan was looking at him. As if he knew he was never going to make it out of coma and that very thought tore at her heart strings.

“The first time I saw him, was in the classroom. I thought he was a classmate.” She began. Words poured out of like word salad, she felt as if she was reciting a long prepared speech and she was determined that it would reach Minseok’s ears. Or at the very most, his heart.

Minseok was looking at her so intently she looked away out of embarrassment. At least she was self-conscious. Her shifted gaze fell on Luhan, who leaned against the glass window, gazing onto his motionless self in bed. He looked too bitter that she had to look away again.

“He was normal, like any other kids. It was only recently I found out that the Luhan I saw isn’t exactly human. It took me long enough but I wished I never found out.”

Minseok closed his eyes for a brief second, Yoo Jung thought he was trying to suppress his welling tears. For it was in that second she saw a flicker in the corner of his eyes.

“Does he hates me?” He asked and laughed, as if mocking his own retarded question.

Yoo Jung sighed, too loudly to be counted as sympathizing. It was more like a protest.

“You can talk to him you know, he’s right there beside you. You know it already ha

Please log in to read the full chapter