Mystery #13

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Minseok is running against the wind, chasing someone’s back. He opens his mouth to shout but there was no sound. His ears ring loudly, the feeling that he’s stuck in void, the person unreachable no matter how much he runs.

Then the figure stops abruptly. A bright ray of light blinds Minseok’s eyes. As his vision clears, Luhan stands before him, an arm’s length apart with the same teeth showing smile. Minseok smiles back and reaches out but the latter slaps his out-stretched hand away suddenly, the smile replaced by a glaring cold stare.

“You did this to me.”

NO! Minseok screams and his eyes flew open. Covered in cold sweat, he awakes to a dark room. Still breathing heavily, he rests his head on his knee and tries to regulate his breathing.

Ever since Yoo Jung moved in, he has been by plagued by nightmares. It is even harder to ignore the guilt in his heart. As if her coming had unlocked the Pandora box he’d difficultly locked away. When he finally calms down, he laughs at himself. Glancing the clock on his night stand, 0531 AM, he sighs. Looks like he can forget about going back to sleep again, especially not after that dream. He still feels the chilling glare. 

Stepping out of bed, he wrinkled his nose when his barefoot touches the cold tiles, sending a wave of chills up his whole body. Quickly slipping into his slippers, he walks towards the door and turns the knob loudly. Not that he cares if anyone will be woken up by the door. In fact, doors in this house don’t really creak all thanks to the regular maintenance done. 

The corridor is a shade of dark blue, moonlight seeps in from the wide windows along the way. Absent mindedly, he makes his way towards her room and stops right before her door.

“What the hell am I doing?” He is about to turn away when he hears a blood curling scream from inside the room. Reflex takes over his mind and he opens the door at once, only to see her struggling in her sleep.

“NO! NO!” Yoo Jung shouts with her eyes closed. Her head turning continuously from left to right and right to left as if an unknown force had pinned her flat in bed and she’s struggling to get up. Without another thought, Minseok runs over and grabs her shoulder, shaking her in the process.

“Yoo Jung! Wake up!” He says, somehow his heart is beating in his throat, seeing her all covered in sweat reminds him of himself just moments ago. Just what kind of nightmare is she having?

“NO! NO DON’T COME NEAR ME! GO AWAY! UMMA! APPA!” She shouts again, this time her voice cracks into cries and turns into helpless sobs.

Minseok pats her cheeks lightly and shakes her again. It worked this time, and her eyes flew open at once, her breathing turns into short gasps for breath then she was coughing.

She looks straight into

Please log in to read the full chapter