Mystery #25

† MYSTERIOUS YಠU † - {신비한 그대}
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The loud deafening thunder and flashing lightning filled this rainy stormy midnight. Minseok sits calmly on the window stills, watching the sky, waiting for the next flash of lightning to break the sky into two. He can’t seem to fall asleep tonight. Even if he does close his eyes, all he sees is Yoo Jung. Baekhyun’s words still seems to ring in his ears while he is feeling both relieved yet defeated by his own course of actions.

“I could’ve chosen a better way to tell her.” He thinks about the lame garden chase earlier and felt kind of embarrassed at that small episode. Of all ways, he single-mindedly chose to drag her into the garden. “Impulsive much.” He scratches his nape in sheer embarrassment, though nobody is even around to witness his innocently bashful expressions. Did Yoo Jung manage to melt this big piece of ice?

He looks over to his desk, his gaze fixated on the book where he had hidden those pictures. It has been a while since he last looked at them.

He wants to take a good look at those pictures again but changes his mind. I don’t deserve this carefree life. He manages a sad smile while another flash of lightning lit the dark stormy sky, following is another round of clapping thunder and a series of loud...knocks on his..door?

He pauses and listens closely wondering if it was a knock misheard. But when the knocks really do come again, he leaps off the window still in one swift motion, a frown still creases on his forehead while he walks towards the door in short calm strides not forgetting to check his reflection as he passes a half-length mirror. Who will be knocking on my door this late into the night?

The knocks seems to have stopped. Slowly, he turns the knob and a sudden pushing force from the outside startled him. Acting on his quick reflex, he steps backwards and then finds himself staring at a figure dressed in a full white night gown.

Another flash of lightning lit up the room and as if no surprise, he already knew it's Yoo Jung he's looking at. He almost started laughing at how her long messy hair covered half of her face.

“Who are you trying to scare in the middle of the night?” He asks calmly though he thought she could’ve successfully scared away other people should she appear like that at their door in a stormy night. It seems to fit this horror themed stormy night perfectly. He chuckles softly so she doesn't hear. Not that he believes in ghosts even if he believes how Yoo Jung can really see them. In his dictionary, so long he doesn’t see them, they still don’t exist. Humans are scarier. I am scarier.

Yoo Jung lifts her head slowly, though Minseok already sensed a certain gloom in her movements. “Minseok, can I please sleep in your room tonight?” Yoo Jung brushes her messy hair aside, hand clasp together in a sincere plead. Not that she wants to be here, it took her a while to make this decision. If not for that Male Student who kept staring at her all night

Please log in to read the full chapter