Jongup 01

BAP's Coffee Story

 

Jongup was sitting on the empty seat. He bent his body and covered his face his hand with his elbow resting on his knee. Never once he felt so heartbroken like this. He wished he could block all of the sound. He wished he could turn back the time. He wished he was there when it happened.

 

 

'Last night, a high school girl was kidnapped by a black van on her way to the convenient store near her school. The van stopped in front of her and dragged her in. She fought with those kidnappers and was stabbed few times with a knife by one of the kidnapper. She managed to escape with a wounded body and collapsed in front of her school gate. The police reported that she is currently in coma. Students, regarding male or female were ask to stay home and avoid the dark alley as the number of crime rates increase nowadays.'

 

 

The news ended. Jongup bitted his lips—trying to hold in his tears. He felt like it was his fault. He thought if went along last night, all of this wouldn't happen.

 

 

"Jongup ah... Company me to the store." You begged and pouted while pulling his arms. Jongup looked up at you with a pair of tired eyes that yearning for some sleep.

 

"I'm tired.... I just finished my rehearsal... Sorry..." He apologized. You understood. He had a busy life as a dancer.

 

"Okay then... Want me to buy you anything?" You kneeled on the floor and put your chin on his desk. You caressed his sweaty hair.

 

"Can you get me so meat?" He chuckled.

 

"Yah, it going to take 15 minutes. Cram school going to start soon. I'll make you some for lunch tomorrow okay?" He nodded.

 

"Anything else?" You asked for the last time before you left. Jongup shook his head. You knew if you don't buy something for him, he would end up asking for your food. "I love you. Bye." You bid goodbye. He smiled and waved his hand, then closed his eyes for few minutes. You rushed out from the class and quickly headed to the convenient store which a stone throw away from the school.

 

 

 

"Jongup ah..." Someone patted Jongup's shoulder, waking him up from his long and deep thought. It was your mother. "We are done. You can visit her now."

 

"Oh..." Jongup stood up. "Can I company her tonight?" Jongup asked your parents' permission to stay over. Your mother smiled and nodded. Her eyes were swelled. She had been crying for so long. Her smile couldn't cover her sadness. She walked away—leaving Jongup with your father. "Thank you for letting me stay... I want to apoli-"

 

"No. Don't it’s not your fault."

 

Jongup started to tears. "How could it not be my fault? I should follow her." He couldn't keep his tears anymore. "I'm so.... Sorry..." He fell on his knee in front of your father. He still had his school uniform on as he straight away went to the hospital after the school end. He skipped the cram school and his practice today but he couldn’t escape from the guilty feelings.

 

"Hey stand up." Your father pulled him up and patted his back. "Everything happens for a reason. God know what's better. Just don't stop praying for her."

 

Jongup then walked into your room. He wiped away his tears before he entered. He wanted to be your strength. He wouldn't let you see the broken side of him.

 

As Jongup walked in, his heart broke into thousands pieces. The amount of wires attached to your body was uncountable. You had to wear the life support. Your body was covered with bandage and he could see that it was red, due to the blood that kept flowing out. Three stabs pierced deep inside your flesh. Your flawless skin was not flawless anymore. Jongup remembered the amount of blood that stained his uniform yesterday when he hugged you while waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

 

Jongup sat next to you. His heart aches even more. He wanted to feel your pain. Jongup wished he was the one who get stab not you. He wished he could replace your spot. He wished he could share your pain. This was the first time he felt so helpless. You were just right in front of him but he couldn't kiss you. He couldn't see your bright smile anymore or listen to your stupid jokes.

 

"Baby.... I'm here. Can you hear me?" He took your cold hand. "I'm sorry." He tears even more.

 

For a high school student, being kidnap and almost become another victim, following with three deep death stabs... Jongup won't forgive himself if you don't wake up from the long sleep. "I'm sorry for those 'I love you' words that I rarely say. I'm sorry for not following you yesterday. I'm sorry for being the reason you lost your smile. Please wake up so I could make up all my mistakes." He held your hand tighter.

 

A string of tears were running out from your eyes and wet the pillow. He knew you could hear him...

 

"Don't leave me...."