BAP 01 - Part 3

BAP's Coffee Story

 

Read part two here

 

The young kid ran as fast as he could. People said don’t turn back—never look back. He didn’t. He listened well. He was just 5. He wanted to live. Somehow, someone just disagree. He slipped when his leg stuck in the big propping roots. He cried. His ankle was injured. “Good kid should stay home. Good kid should listen.” Someone whispered at his ears. He knew that was the end.

 

“No… Please let me go…”

 

The man chuckled. “NO!!!!” The young boy screamed when the man took him away. However no one heard his cry. No one out of billions people in the world hear the sound of suffering and the cry of death. No one…

 

 

“NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Laila screamed and woke up from her nightmare.

 

Meanwhile Youngjae shivered when he read the book in his hand. He couldn’t imagine that someone wrote something like that. It was in Laila’s house. He found in a box hidden under the floor. It was like a hole made up to put the box and hid it from people. The floor then covered with mat and another box was placed on top of it. “I can’t do this anymore.” Youngjae closed the book and crumpled it.

 

“What hyung?” Jongup asked.

 

Youngjae slammed the door opened. He was Zelo was companying Laila eating her food. But Laila didn’t even touch it. She hugged her knees and stared at the food while her thoughts wandered. “Oh hyung, Laila had a nightmare again. It was the third this night.” Zelo said.

 

“Move.” Youngjae said. Zelo quickly obeyed. Youngjae shoved the food away and the food dirtied the floor. This was the first time they saw Youngjae got really angry. He threw the book in her face. “You wrote that?!” Laila glanced at the book for a moment. “If you didn’t why do you hide it?!”

 

“Hyung!” Jongup ran into the room. He tried to pull Youngjae away but he pushed Jongup away. Youngjae took Laila in the collar and brought her up. “You killed those kids but pretend to be innocent?! What kind of monster are you?! Huh?!!” He shook her hard.

 

“Yoo Youngjae!” Daehyun yelled. Youngjae started to tears.

 

“Answer me.” He cried even more. Laila’s gaze changed. From and innocent and weak girl, to the scariest person on earth. She smirked.

 

“Yeah I wrote that? Do you enjoy it?” She said. Youngjae was shocked. He let her go. “If you trust me, what’s the point of keeping me here? Shouldn’t you hand me to the police? I’m like a trophy for everyone.” She continued.

 

It went silent for a moment. Yongguk who watched from the beginning finally stepped up. “Everyone out.” He said in a low tone. Youngjae wiped away his tears and returned Laila’s smirked.

 

“I’m going to bring you to justice.” Everyone left the room. Zelo brought Laila’s book along. The gathered in their meeting room at 5 am in the morning. Yongguk looked at Youngjae. He wanted an explanation.

 

“Youngjae ah, tell us what happen.” Himchan said. Youngjae stood up and went to the men’s to wash his face. Himchan looked at Jongup. He was the one that went with Youngjae to Laila’s house earlier. Jongup sighed.

 

Zelo gave Himchan the book. “Youngjae hyung throw this at Laila just now.”

 

“She wrote that.” Jongup said. Himchan opened the book and began to read its content. Youngjae then came with wet face and red eyes.

 

“Are you okay?” Daehyun sat next to Youngjae. He rubbed his back.

 

Youngjae shook his head. “No. Yongguk hyung, what Laila wrote in there is exactly the same with the kids that were murdered. She’s a psychopath! She smirked and said ‘yeah I wrote that’. She hid it so no one could find it. It’s evidence that can proof that she did all this things.”

 

Yongguk sighed. “Even if she wrote it, there is no strong evidence that can proof that she did it.”

 

Youngjae’s jaw dropped. “Hyung…” His hyung chose to trust a stranger than his own member.

 

“First, everyone get back to your room and have a rest. It’s been a long night and you guys been working for a whole day. After you guys wake up, Youngjae and Himchan need to go through all her stories and relate to the murders, find as many important thing as you can. Daehyun and I will interrogate Laila. Jongup and Zelo have school tomorrow, after the maknaes finish their school, Jongup will help Himchan and Youngjae while Zelo with me and Daehyun.” Yongguk said.

 

The members of B.A.P nodded. Himchan closed the book. They stood up and went back to their own room. Yongguk took the book from Himchan and went to check out Laila. He did not enter the room, instead he stood in front of her room and watched her there through the big mirror. Laila was hugged her knees again, staring at the white wall with thoughts lingered in her mind. Zelo helped Jongup to carry boxes out from the car boot. It was all from Laila’s house. One of the boxed filled with Laila’s stories.

 

 

That morning, Yongguk didn’t sleep at all. He read those awful stories. Zelo went to Laila’s room with Jongup. They cleaned the mess that Youngjae made earlier. Laila was sleeping in fetus position. Her knees were closed to her chest. Zelo went to Laila. He stared at her. He went closer. Closer to her though he was aware that she could grabbed by the neck and break it in one second. Zelo was getting even closer. It was…

 

“Choi Junhong.”

 

Jongup’s voice woke Zelo up from his deep thought. “Let’s go. School’s waiting.”

 

 

As the maknaes were away for school, Youngjae fresh up and straight away worked the case. He didn’t take his breakfast. Himchan put the toast on the table. Today, the house filled with sigh. Himchan looked at Daehyun. “Daehyun ah, bring this to Youngjae. You know if he didn’t take his food now, he won’t take it for the whole day.”

 

Daehyun took the plate. Before he left, he looked at Yongguk who was still reading the book. “Hyung, is there anything you want to say to Youngjae?”

 

Yongguk flipped the page. “Eat your breakfast.” He said without looking at Daehyun. Daehyun felt disappointed. He took a glass of milk along and brought the breakfast to Youngjae. The atmosphere was getting worst. Himchan took Laila’s breakfast to her room.

 

“Eat your food Bang.” Himchan remained before he left.

 

Himchan went to the elevator and pressed the button ‘5’. To Laila’s room he goes, Himchan entered and saw Laila was hugging her legs again. Her hair was we. Himchan assumed that she had her shower. He put her toasted on the rolled table. “Here. Eat.”

 

She looked up at Himchan. “Do you cook this?” Himchan nodded “Thanks but I’m not hungry. May I know when you guys going to put me in the cell?” She asked.

 

“Eh?”

 

“C’mon don’t act like you aren’t here this morning. Is Mr. Yoo Youngjae fine? He seems shock just now.”

 

Himchan smirked. “I don’t know which one to trust. My leader who trusts you or my member that found a proof about the truth. Leader that never wrong or proof that can never lie.” Himchan left but before he stepped out from the room, Laila stopped him.

 

“Mr. I-don’t-know-your-name. It’s nice when you care to make me breakfast when your heart said another thing. But after this, please don’t cook anything for me. I’m not hungry. It’s all going to be in a waste anyway.” She said. Himchan smirked, he left.

 

Himchan went back to meet s. Yongguk was still at the dining table. His food remained untouched. “Are you becoming like Laila Song too?” Himchan asked.

 

“Why? She doesn’t want to eat?” Yongguk said without looking at Himchan. He was too immersed with the story. He flicked to the next page.

 

“Yup.”

 

Yongguk closed the book and gave it to Himchan. “Tell Youngjae that I want this Volume 1. This is already Volume 3 and this is the last thing she wrote. She didn’t get a chance to finish this. It’s a good story thou.” Yongguk pursed his lips. He had finished the story but he wanted to know the ending.

 

“Bang…” Himchan frowned.

 

“Don’t worry. This story is not like what you think. Youngjae misunderstood it. He’ll get it after he read it. I believed Laila stop writing this when she realized how the killer murdered those innocent kids. The killer followed her pattern. It means the killer know her well. The killer is someone close to her. It’s a good clue don’t you think?” Yongguk’s words made Himchan to think again. Yongguk chuckled. “I’ll eat my breakfast while interrogate her. Next time bring her ddubbuki and milk. She’ll eat it. Oh, ask Daehyun to come over for the interrogation along with the book.” Yongguk quickly left. Himchan thought again what Yongguk said earlier.

 

 

Daehyun entered the monitor room and gave Yongguk the Volume 1 of ‘Used To Be’. He glanced at the mirror where he could see Laila Song was sitting and writing something on a piece of paper. She looked focused. “What is she doing?” Daehyun asked. He knew for sure that Yongguk gave her those pen and paper.

 

Yongguk put away his tablet and looked at Daehyun. “I said I want her to continue her story ‘Used To Be - On Earth’. It’s a good story.” Daehyun gave the same reaction that Himchan gave Yongguk earlier.

 

“Hyung… You do realize that she could kill you with a pen?” Daehyun said.

 

“How you know that?” Yongguk chuckled.

 

“She wrote it in her other story, Noir.” Daehyun looked at Laila Song again. She put her pen away and put her head down. She was out of idea. It was because it had been long time since she held a pen. “Giving her a pen is not a good idea. Why don’t you just ask her about the ending?”

 

“She used her name in all her story right?” Yongguk asked. Daehyun replied with a nod. “She expressed when she felt in her writing. Maybe it’s because no one listen so she write. She can give us more clues and might tell us who if she finish her story.”

 

“But, maybe she can change it because she might think that we ask her to write to get information out from her.”

 

“It’s true. But art is like evidence. They don’t lie. They can’t lie. She probably change the ending now.” Yongguk pointed at Laila. She was trying hard, thinking of something. “But, we will still get information that leads us to the killer.” Yongguk was a wise leader after all.

 

“Well, I’m going to start question her now. Tell my mum I love her if I die.” Daehyun wore an earpiece. He took the black file of Laila’s case and entered the room. Laila looked up to Daehyun with a smirk painted on her dry lips.

 

“Ask her to talk about all her story. Let me talk about the case later.” Yongguk spoke to Daehyun with a mic. Daehyun listened to Yongguk’s instruction through the earpiece.

 

“Are you done with that?” Daehyun pointed at the pen and the paper. Laila shook her head but she pushed it to Daehyun.

 

“Your leader wants it. Just give this first. I kinda forget the story line.”

 

“Miss Laila Song, let’s talk about your other stories. The first story that you wrote. Do you remember?” Daehyun asked. Laila pouted and had a thought about it. Yongguk took out his phone and texted Himchan, asking him to give him a list of Laila’s story.

 

“It’s a love story thou…” She frowned.

 

“About what? Tell me about it and what’s the title?”

 

She bitted her lips and put her chin on the table. She sighed. “It’s call, I want my body back. About a girl named Kim Seo Jun who had switched her body with her favorite artist. Then……later they fell in love and happily ever after.”

 

Yongguk frowned when he received the list from Himchan. As he expected I Want My Body Back was not in the list. “Skip that. Ask her about the story when she starts to use her name.” Yongguk said over the mic.

 

“Boring.” Daehyun said. “How about your first story when you start to use your name in it.”

 

Laila Song thought of it again. “Oh, I remember but I’m not the main thou. It was called, Death Song, The Haunted Hospital. It’s Volume 3 of Death Song.” She sat up straight and looked at Daehyun. Yongguk checked the list that Himchan gave him. It was there.

 

“We got it on the list.” Yongguk said. Daehyun smirked.

 

“Why do you like to write such story?” He asked.

 

“Well, I don’t call it a story but a fic instead. It’s the same meaning. Well…..” Laila sighed. “I hate love story. I wrote that kind of story because I want it to happen. Hey I wrote fics about zombie too okay. Look, Mr. IDK-your-name, you’re wasting your times. Just hand me to the police okay.”

 

“Why used your name?”

 

“First because I hate to think of new names and I think I can write it well when I imagine I’m in that story. Third, because I used to hate my name but now since I love it so I used my name instead.”

 

Daehyun remained silent. He had few thoughts in his mind. But his silent didn’t go well with Laila. “To catch a psychopath, you need to think like one. To catch a killer, you need to think like one. To write a good thriller, you need to think like them. Same goes to , kidnapper and mental people.” She said.

 

"How did you know a lot of things?"

 

"I used to watch that kind of movie. Not because I like but because I want to see how the victim defend themselves. What kind of torture they use to repay what the criminal had done to the victim."

 

"Justice in a cruel way." Yongguk spoke and Daehyun said the same thing to Laila.

 

"Don’t be hypocrite. You even wrote eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. It’s the same thing. Revenge contains tons of meaning. Some are meaningful too." Laila was talking about the painting on the wall hung on the wall on their way to the interrogation room. Yongguk knew for sure when Laila had her head down, not because she felt lifeless but her eyes were doing a good peeking work.

 

"Urghh… I’m sorry if my words-Am I’m done?"

 

"Does she have split personality or something?" Himchan came from behind. He watched her through the glass.

 

"No. I don’t think so." Yongguk said.

 

"First she acts like a victim then she’s the criminal." Youngjae said. He stared at her eyes even more. "Hyung I got goose bumps."

 

Yongguk stood up. “I’ll talk to her. You guys keep searching.” Yongguk were about to left but then he stopped and looked at Himchan and Youngjae. “Why are you guys doing here? Any leads?”

 

“She posted some of her stories online but no one knows that ‘S’ is Laila Song.” Himchan said.

 

“The story ‘Used To Be’ that she posted online is the one that the killer use to murder the kids.” Youngjae continued. That means people who read it became the suspects. Yongguk crossed his arms. He looked at Laila for a moment.

 

“Youngjae, how about you replace Daehyun and ask her why she hid those books.” Yongguk sat back on his chair. Youngjae was stunned.

 

“Me?” He pointed at himself. “Why me?”

 

“Just go.”

 

Daehyun stepped out and Youngjae swapped inside. Laila sat up straight from her lazy position. She smirked. Youngjae slammed the file on the table when he saw her smirk. He took his seat and his glare stayed. “Why did you hide those books?”

 

She chuckled. “So that no one find will it idiot. So, Mr. Youngjae I thought you want to bring me to justice. Why am I still here? Nice grip you have but it’s not strong enough. People said you need to fight fire with fire but they are wrong.” She chuckled even more.

 

“If you fight fire with fire, the fire will grow even bigger. Then it will burn till nothing left. That’s why I hide it. Fire can’t burn it. Fire can’t grow out of it.” Laila Song looked and smirked. Her smirk was different. It sent shivers to those who looked at it. She knew they were behind that glass. She was aggravating those detectives.

 

“Did she just-”

 

“Her personality changes when she with others. With Himchan, she’s just a weak girl.” Himchan recalled back on what happen the day he met her and when he send her food. “With Zelo, she’s a harmless nuna that know nothing about this mess. With Daehyun, she wills to answer his question like a normal collage girl. With Youngjae who had provoked her earlier, she’s a badass girl, provoking him instead. Ever since the beginning, she hasn’t showed us the true form of her. She knew what we think of her, she wrote this kind of thing before.” Yongguk was amazed of Laila’s performance.

 

“Just wait, I’m going to break that mask of yours.” Yongguk was serious about it.

 


 

More fics coming~~~~~