First step

The diary- (sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You arrived home around 4m and as you entered your home, you could smell the food from the kitchen. You walked in and you saw your father setting the table up. 'Oh, you're home.' your father smiled when he saw you.

'Mmm,' you nodded then asked, 'What's this.' It has been quite a while since you and your father have had a family meal. Even at his last year birthday, during Christmas, during your birthday the both of you never had a family meal. But for him to be doing this suddenly, you were shocked.

'Family meal,' he said as he pulled out a chair for you to sit on. You took your coat off and went to sat on the seat. He then situated right in front of you.

'I haven't had a meal with you since your mother past away and I think it's time to move on.' he replied as he tasted his own food. You've never tried your father food before, in your 18 years of living with your father, never once did you taste the food he had made, maybe that because he never cooked. And as much as shock you were, you too knew that it was time to take the first step and move on, you knew it was time for the both of you to remove the barrier and be a family again. You spooned the soup and took a sip. It tasted as similar as your mother's cooking. The food you've missed the food that was cooked by your mother. When tasting the soup, it has brought back the memories that you've had with your mother and your father, together as a family.

'What do you think?' he asked. You looked up at him and flashed him a smile with your eyes tearing up remembering the past memories. 'Is it that good that you're crying?' he joked. You shook your head and wiped the tears.

'Eomma's is better than yours.' You replied.

'Then why are you crying?' his voice sound concerned and comforting.

'I miss mother... appa...' your voice cracked. 'I miss eomma.' Your father stood up and walked beside you giving you a hug. You wrapped your arms around his waist and sobbed.

'I miss her too, I miss her too...' he repeated as his own tears started to form around his eyes. He gave you a pat on your head and pulled away looking at you. 'Let's finish our meal okay? Today's supposed to be a happy day.' He smiled and wiped the tears away from your cheeks.  You smiled at him then he went back and sat back down. The both of you started eating in again, in silent. Only the sound slurping and munching could be heard within the room.

'Did you confess to that guy?' your father suddenly asked which caught you of guard and you nearly choked. You coughed a few times and your father chucked at your reaction. You shook your head. He gave a knowing look then the both of you kept silent again.

'He's in love with someone else...' You said when the silent became awkward. 'I think...'

'I see, you did give him the chocolate right?' he asked.

'Yea... well... kinda. He didn't know it was for him and thought someone else gave it to me...'

'I see.' your father stood up from his seat after finishing his meal. 'You should confess to him before the summer holiday, of you'll regret it.' You nodded your head and also got up. You cleared the table and helped your father clean the dished. Even though the meal was a little awkward, it was better than no meal at all knowing you have taken your first step. After everything was cleaned up, you went to get you bag and gave the card and the gift you've got your father.

'Happy birthday appa,' you passed the present to him.

'Is t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter