The Man

The diary- (sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last thing I remember was running to catch a taxi to get to the hospital as fast as I could. Everything fell silent and the world around me was spinning. The noises died out. The fifteen minutes being a taxi felt like eternity. My heart was aching. My eyes became blurry. Once the taxi arrives at the location, I burst out the door and went straight to the receptionist. I couldn't remember what I said or if my voice was even heard. The next thing I knew, I was running around the corridor and up the stairs trying to find the operation room.  My heart was pounding and it squeezed tighter as I got closer. My mind was in a panic. I didn't know what to do at that point. I was crying. That was all I could do. I kept praying that he would be alright. That everything will be alright. I sat down on the seat. My face in my hands. I couldn't stop the tears. I kept reassuring myself that he would be alright but what if?

 

When the surgeon came out, I dropped my bag on the seat and stood up. I couldn't say anything, but the surgeon knew what I wanted to know. 'He's alright, he will be transferred to a room, though he will need to go through physical therapy, everything will be back to normal after a month or two.' the surgeon said.

'Physical therapy?' I questioned.

'Yes, we have arranged everything for him and he will need to go everyday of the week after his discharge for his leg to heal properly.' after explaining, she left. I sat back down on the seat. I inform my father about what was happening. My wiped my tears away and went to the room where Luhan was transferred to.

 

He was lying there, his head was bandaged, his right leg was in a fast so was his left arm. When I entered, he turned towards me with a smile, but his eyes were clearly in sorrow. I couldn't speak a word. I wasn't able to comfort him. I sat beside him, trying to hold in my tears.

'Sorry,' he said. I looked up. He my head. 'I broke our promise.'

'Stupid,' I looked into his eyes, he was smiling. I couldn't hold it in any longer. My tears started to flow down. 'Why are you saying sorry...?’ He wiped my tears away. 'Why are you saying sorry?'

'I made you cry again,' he patted my head and pulled me closer. 'I'm sorry.' I stayed by his side until he fell asleep. I held his hand tight in mine. Luhan was being strong in front of me. Breaking his legs mean to give up becoming a professional footballer if it's not properly healed, it would mean that he would need to give up his dream. Yet he was putting on a strong face.

 

I went to the market near buy to buy some fruits then came back to his room to prepare them whilst he was still sleeping. At the entrance, the taxi driver who drove me to the hospital was still there waiting for me. ‘Miss!’ He called out to me.

‘I’m terribly sorry,’ I took my purse out to pay the fare.

‘It must have been important, if you ran like that.’ I didn’t say anything but he knew.

‘How much?’

‘Nine thousand won.’ I paid him the exact amount.

‘Thank you.’ He smiled. ‘Take care.’ I smiled back at him as he got back into his taxi. From what he said, I wonder if he was in a similar situation as I.

 

When I got came back to the room, my father was sitting next to Luhan; the two were conversing and laughing. I sat down on a chair and started to peel the fruits and cut them into small pieces to make fruit salad. After I had done so, I gave it to my father so that the two of them could eat it whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter