Tears

The diary- (sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: For this chapter and onwards the perspective will be in third person so that I can cover a range of views.

 

It was on a Thursday when Yumi and Chanyeol decided to go on the trip. Yumi had invited Sooyoung along to make her feel less lonely and Chanyeol didn’t mind that at all. The now acquainted Chanyeol and Sooyoung gets on very well and there was something in between them that Yumi could sense. 

‘This is my first time on an overnight trip,’ uttered Sooyoung.

‘Really? That’s rare, I thought with your personality you would go on many trip with your friends.’ commented Chanyeol. Yumi who was observing the scene chuckled at her two friends teasing each other.

‘What about you Yumi?’ asked Sooyoung.

‘Mmm?’ Yumi turned her attention towards her friend.

‘Have you been on many overnight trips?’

‘Ah yeah, a few...’

‘A few? Where?’

‘Does school trip count?’

‘No! I mean like trips that you’ve gone with just friends or boyfri- oh.’ Sooyoung covered and she looked at Yumi with concern, Chanyeol did the same. Both of them worried that the mention of the significant other may have affected Yumi. But Yumi looked as if she didn’t have a care in the world.

‘I have,’ Yumi started and her two friends stared at her. ‘I think it was on our third year anniversary and we went to Jaeju-do, we spent a week there exploring. Since we’re going there now I can show you all the best places to go to. That was our second time on an overnight trip. My father didn’t want us to spend overnight trips too much so we spend most of the holidays in Seoul, but still the memories are precious.’ Though she spoke as if she had no lingering feeling, her heart was aching and both her companion saw that. ‘I’m rambling on aren’t I? Sorry.’

‘Yumi,’ Sooyoung said in a soft voice and held Yumi’s hand.

‘I’m so sorry, I didn’t know that-’ Chanyeol begins.

‘It’s okay, we can just rewrite the memory can’t we. I’m fine guys; you don’t have to look as if the world will end.’

‘I feel like the world will end that’s why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter