The Past

The diary- (sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was angry. For the first time, I raised my voice at someone whom I barely know. ‘Why are you trying to throw your life away?’  When I came to my sense, that man was standing in front of me.

‘Who are you to tell me what I do with my life? It’s my own; it’s none of your business so get lost.’ His voice held a cold tone, yet it was trembling. He was right; it’s none of my business. Realising this, I got back into the taxi.

‘Mister, let’s go.’ The taxi drove past the man. I looked back and he was still standing there, his fists clenched tightly. Why did I get so worked up? I couldn’t understand the reason behind my action.

 

Night was approaching, the wind has become stronger and the trees are losing their leaves. I watched them fall onto the ground as I walked back to the hospital from the main road after buying some light snacks and drinks. The flamed leaves descend the ground for new ones to grow in spring. As I got closer to the hospital, I saw my father waiting by the entrance. ‘Did you wait long?’ he shook his head as he put his hands out and I gave him some of the shopping bags. The both of us walked back to Luhan’s room.

 

‘Welcome back!’ a very familiar voice welcomed me back when I entered the room.

‘Xiumin!’ it has been a while since the last I saw him. ‘And Kris!’

‘Was I not important enough that I came second?’ Kris joked.

‘You know you’re always second when I’m around,’ Xiumin commented back.

‘Hey, hey! What are you guys talking about! I’m always first!’ Luhan added. Xiumin and Kris glared at him. ‘Shouldn’t you two get going now?’

‘Already?’ I said, ‘I just got back.’

‘Yeah, we just sneaked out. The manager will give us an earful when we get back.’ Xiumin said. ‘I’ve been getting constant calls and messages since no one else at the shop except the manager.’

‘I see, what about Kris?’

‘He just wanted me to tag along, since he’s a loner without me.’ Kris grinned. I’ve always had my doubt that these two are going out, since they’re always so close, but both of them have a girlfriend.

‘Well, see ya. We’ll come back tomorrow.’ Xiumin said to Luhan and he smiled back. ‘See you later Yumi, and father.’ Xiumin and Kris left.

‘I should get back to work too,’ father said and I nodded my head.

‘Take care dad,’ I hugged him before he departed then continued my way to Luhan’s side. Without saying a world he just smiled as he reached for my hands. As I sat down by his side, I put the bag on the floor. He pulled my hand closer to him and kissed the top of my hand. I smiled as stoked his cheek right cheek with the back of my hand.

‘I guess you’re sleeping with me again tonight,’ he pulled me closer by my arm. I leaned in slightly closer where my nose touched his when he pushed himself with his elbow.

‘I guess I am,’ I gave a light peck on his lips. His slender arm wrapped around my waist.

‘When did you become so bold,’ our forehead touched as he continues, ‘to make a move on a guy first?’

‘Only because it’s you,’ I told him. He stared into my eyes. I felt as if my soul was being away.

‘Oh how much I love you,’ he commented.

‘I just like you,’ he frowned and I laughed. ‘Very, very much to the point it exceeds the word love.’

‘How would say that?’

‘Hmmm’ I hesitated, trying to find the right word to describe my feelings towards him, without finding a word I resorted with, ‘I guess I just love you.’ I smiled.

‘I see, you just love me,’ he emphasised the pronoun, ‘just me.’ He smiled a smile of satisfaction.

‘Yes, I just love you.’

 

The nurse had told me that Luhan would be discharged in a week time. I woke up beside Luhan and when I saw that he was awake, I was startled. Not that I’m shocked that he woke up before I, but rather he just seems to be doing it on purpose. My heart would always race. I just let my heart run unable to do anything. He always seems to be able to do something that click the switch.

‘Were you up long?’ I rubbed my eyes. He replied, ‘Not long’

 

I got up and went to the bathroom where I refreshed myself with my morning routi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter