Can't Let Go

The diary- (sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Did I hear that correctly? What is happening?

‘Luhan oppa, what are you saying?’ My hand stopped reaching for him and dropped my hand back to my side.

‘Let’s break up.’ He repeated. Was this really happening? My heart sunk to the pit of my stomach. The tears swelled up. I reach for his face again but his heart was made up. I could see it in his eyes. This was really happening. Just a week ago we talked about having kids and having a big happy family. Why was this happening now?

‘Oppa,’ I held the tears back and kept a strong voice. ‘What are you saying? What do you mean- break up?’ He looked at me, his eyes still the same. This couldn’t be happening now. It just can’t be. ‘It’s just your drunk talking, you don’t mean that.’ There must be something wrong; he must have a reason for saying this. He sighs and held his head down.

‘I too thought that this could work,’ he chuckled, and it was painful because I could hear the hurt in his voice. ‘It’s insane to be with someone since high-school till now. I really thought we would work, get married and have a great family, but I can’t do this anymore.’

‘What do you mean,’ my voice became a whisper.

‘I’m crippled Yumi!’ his voice rose. ‘You can’t take care of me forever, I will never heal and in order for us to be happy we need money. I will never be able to work and we’ll have no income, I can’t make you happy. The therapy won’t heal this leg.’

‘That will never happ-’

‘What do you know!?’ he threw the beer bottle to the other side of the room. ‘What do you know?’ his voice wavered. He turned to me and his eyes full of tears which he wiped away. ‘You don’t know anything, every time I become happy, misfortune happens. It was because of me that my mother passed away, my whole existence is unlucky.’

‘That’s not true.’ I could barely speak; my throat was blocked with emotions. ‘Your existence was what made me happy, without you I would never get out of my shell.’ I was crying now, Luhan stood up and I stood up with him. I move closer and try to reach for his face but he turned away and stopped my hand in place.

‘I’m sorry...’ he uttered.

‘So- sorry?’ I sobbed.

‘You should go now,’ he mumbled as he turned to me. I couldn’t push on, his mind was made up. ‘Find someone better,’ those words from him broke my heart into little fragments.

‘7PM at N Seoul Tower tomorrow, I’ll be waiting.’ I managed to say as I wiped the tears away and walked out of the room. I turned my back to him once again. My heart was aching.

 

I left his apartment with a broken heart. The tears wouldn’t stop falling. My feet kept going forward. He will come tomorrow right? He will be- he definitely- will he? All of a sudden I wasn’t sure anymore. The world that the two of us was building is crumbling down- and really fast as well. He will definitely come tomorrow, he definitel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter