Without Him

The diary- (sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My head is aching. I tried to open my eyes but they were so heavy. My whole body felt like it was on fire, at that moment, it felt like I was in hell. I couldn’t hear anything. The last thing I remember was that I was walking in to the street but nothing after or before that. Where am I?

I moved around in an attempt to try to get myself up. I pushed myself up from what seemed like a bed and rubbed my eyes. When I finally came to, I was in my room. How did I even get back home? My body felt weak. I got off my bed and headed for the door. I open them and I could hear voices coming from downstairs. One was clearly my father’s but the other belonged to a different person. Could it be Luhan? Luhan. With the best of my abilities, I tried to go downstairs. I used the walls as support and guided myself down the stairs. But I was very much disappointed. Why is Dr. Park at my house?

‘You’re finally awake,’ he stood up when he saw me by the stairs.

‘Finally?’ I looked at the time. It was 3PM. ‘How long was I asleep for?’

‘Three days,’ Chanyeol said. ‘You’ve had a fever.’  Three days. It has been three days. So he didn’t come after all. My chest hurts. My heart hurts so much. The tears were clouding my vision. I couldn’t hold them in. I dropped down on the floor.

‘Yumi!’ My father and Chanyeol ran to my side.

‘Are you alright?’ my father asked, his voice full of worries.

‘It’s- its over...’ I could barely speak.

‘What’s over?’

‘We’re over...’ and now I feel like I was one of those obsessive girlfriend, ex-girlfriend that doesn’t know when to give up. How did it come to this? Am I jumping to conclusion?

‘You should get some more rest; I’ll bring some tablets for you with some porridge. Chan, could you help Yumi to her bed?’ as instructed, Chanyeol held me up and helped me upstairs. He tucked me in bed. I was too weak to refuse anything. Chanyeol didn’t say a thing, and I was really glad that he didn’t. If he did, I felt that I could start bawling all over again. I laid in bed, lifeless. Chanyeol sat by my bedside and somehow it was comforting to have him there. The last time I spoke to him would be more than 10 years ago when his parents moved over-sea and he had to go with them. After a while my father knocked on my door and Chanyeol went to get what my father had brought.

‘Can you sit up?’ he asked and I did as I was told. He took the porridge from the tray and was about to feed me but that something I didn’t want him to do.

‘I can eat by myself,’ I told him and he gave me the bowl and I proceeded to eat. The taste was bland and I wanted to stop eating but I knew it was best if I eat. All the dreams that I had for my future is taking a different turn and I didn’t know whether it would be good or bad. I dreamt my future life with him but now there’s a whole in that future, there won’t be anything that could replace the missing pieces. Naturally, tears flow down my cheeks, yet I still continued to eat, because that’s what my father wanted me to do. He’s the only one I have left. I wiped away the tears and tried my best to smile as I passed the finished bowl of porridge to Chanyeol.

‘Here,’ he handed me two tablets and a glass of water. I took them and put the glass on top of the desk. ‘Are you alright?’ he finally asked and it hit me again.

‘I don’t know,’ I reply with wavering voice.

‘I’m sorry,’ h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter