To heal a broken heart

The diary- (sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘How do you heal a broken heart?’ Sooyoung thought for a second then she replied

‘I don’t think it’s simple. But they say that time heals a broken heart so all you’ll need is time.’

‘What if it doesn’t heal?’ Yumi turned her head to Sooyoung who did the same.

‘Then it means that you aren’t able to move on.’ Sooyoung answered her. ‘You should get some rest for now and let’s go on an adventure to heal your broken heart.’

‘Yeah,’ Yumi adjusted her blanket. ‘Good night Sooyoung.’

‘Night Yumi.’ Yumi couldn’t fall asleep straight away and she tossed and turn before falling asleep after a long time.

 

Luhan was the same, his heart was in distress and wasn’t able to fall asleep. He got out of his bed and went out for a night walk to calm his heart and mind. He walked to the beach and sat on the stairs staring out into the distance. The night sky was clear but it was very cold. Her smile flashed before his eyes and his heart skipped a beat. The smile which he longed for. After thinking for a while, he stood up and was ready to walk back to his hotel but before him stood Yumi. ‘Hi.’ She said in a quiet voice.

‘Hi.’ He returned. Their eyes were locked on each other. ‘How are you?’ He realised it was stupid to ask that when clearly he knew she wasn’t alright at all. She showed a weak smile.

‘I came to return this.’ She held out her hand and revealed the engagement ring. He was against the idea of taking the engagement ring back because it was what connected the two of them together. He refused the take the ring. She came forward and took his hand then placed the ring in his palm. ‘Bye.’ A single drop of tear fell from the edge of her right eye. She turned around to walk away when he suddenly wrapped his arm around her tightly so that she wouldn’t go away. But his grasp was too weak. His legs froze in place and she walked away.

 

Luhan woke in the middle of the night, sweats dripping from his forehead. His heart was racing and it was in pain. He went to take a shower and then had a glass of water before going to the balcony of the hotel to look out at the view. ‘What was that dream about?’ he said to himself.

 

Yumi woke to the sound of bickering. She stirred and then suddenly the room door open. ‘Oh you’re up,’ Sooyoung said cheerfully. Yumi looked at the time and it was nearly noon.

‘Why didn’t you guys wake me up?’ she questioned.

‘I wanted to but Chanyeol over said that you needed more rest.’ Sooyoung explained. ‘But we have no time for rest so get up, get ready and we’ll go explore!’ she exclaimed then disappeared out the door.

‘Why does she have to be so noisy early in the morning?’ Chanyeol chuckled as he stuck his head through the door.

‘She’s fun like that, and it’s not early at all. You should have waked me.’

‘I thought you needed more rest.’

‘I’ve got enough rest.’ Yumi said as she got up. ‘I’ll get freshen up quickly and will be out soon.’

‘Okay.’ Replied Chanyeol before leaving. Yumi folded and mat and blanket then put them beside Sooyoung’s. After she had done her morning routine, Yumi went out front where he two friends were waiting for her.

‘Let’s go!’ Sooyoung jumped up and headed straight to the car.

‘Where are we going?’ Yumi asked Chanyeol who followed Sooyoung.

‘Picnic,’ Chanyeol replied as he got into the taxi. Yumi got in too and they set off.

Picnic?  Yumi thought. But it’s still cold.

 

The sun was shining brightly in the sky showing a bright day ahead of them. After the taxi had dropped them off somewhere, they walked and walked to an unknown des

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter