Alone

The diary- (sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After I had cleaned up the mess, I went and sat beside Luhan who was staring into space. We didn’t speak a word. I reached for his hand and without a word, we sat there. His hand was cold and it was trembling. The only sound in the whole room was our breathing that was out of sync. I have seen Luhan cry many times before but never have seen him this hurt. All I know was that at this moment, I need to be there for him. That night, we slept in each other’s arm and the next morning when I woke, Luhan wasn’t there by my side but there was a blanket covering me.

‘Good morning angel,’ I heard his voice coming from the kitchen. I sat up and turned around.

‘Good morning,’ I replied with an unclear voice. I cleared my throat then stood up, ‘What are you doing?’ I walked to him, using the blanket to keep myself warm.

‘I’m making breakfast of course,’ he smiled. ‘Your favourite too!’ he exclaimed. The pain and sadness he was in the night before disappeared from his face, completely. I sat down on a chair and observe him. He was wearing the apron which we had bought, one for me and one for him. It was a bright pink apron, that said ‘I love her’ in blue on the front pocket; whilst the other is the opposite. He looked adorable and with every glance that he stole, my heart skipped a beat. ‘Would you like something to drink?’ he limped towards the cupboard. Seeing that he was struggling, I stood up and went to help him. But being shorter than him, I had to tip toe to get the cups. When I held two cups in my hand and looked at him, he smiled back at me.

‘Is water fine with you too?’ I asked him and he replied with a small ‘yeah.’ He continued to make the omelette as I filled both cups with water. I had offered to help him to make him breakfast but he refused and said that it was his turn since I had been making him breakfast all these times when I’m the guest in his house. Once he had finished, he dressed both omelette with ketchup with love hearts. I sat back down on my chair and he came to sit beside me.

‘Do you want to go on a date today?’ he asked in between glances.

‘Are you sure?’ I told him.

‘Yeah,’ he replied. ‘Dr. Lee told me that I could take a day off and go and have some fun with you. It’s been too long since we last gone on a date. It wouldn’t hurt. I’m healing well too.’ I stared at him and my face became hotter as his gaze didn’t faze. He looked me in the eyes and I did the same. When was the last time had I looked him clearly in his eyes? I nodded my head and smile in reply to his suggestion. In the few weeks of treatment, I rarely get to see him. I was not always at his apartment. I went home to get change of clothes. And he stayed at my house for two weeks where there was more help. It is now December and snow has fallen. Luhan still have to go in for treatment almost daily. More than a month has passed since the accident and yet it seems we haven’t gone anywhere.

 

I had gotten ready for our date and came out where he was waiting for me. He had stopped using the crutch and is walking much better than a week ago. He stood up as he same me and met me by the door. He held out his hand and I took it as the two of us walked out the door. It was cold outside. There wasn’t much snow so we had no trouble walking. He had taken me to a nearby coffee shop. I had realised that this was the coffee shop that I would always come after school.

‘This place is still the same,’ I said as he ordered the drinks.

‘The usual?’ he asked me and I nodded. He turns to the counter lady and told her what I wanted. After we went and sat by the door. There weren’t many people in the coffee shop, and there were fewer on the street. Once our drinks were finished, I turned to go and get it; however Luhan stopped me and went instead. It was like he’s trying to prove himself to me that he was fine after the night before. It still worries me; it felt like the calm before the storm. He came back with our hot drinks and set it on the table. Mine in front of me and his in front of him.

 

I didn’t know what to say in the moment so I stayed silent, staring out at the now clearing sky. The sun became visible behind the clouds. The piano playing in the background was soothing. I always liked this place; they never play music with lyrics, just instruments. It calms me down after a busy day. It was another place like the library where I can feel at home. The quietness was enough. As I was thinking to myself, an idea came to my mind. It has always been Luhan who had planned the occasions, whether it’d be my birthday or his or da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter