Let the plan commence

The diary- (sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the trip, Yumi felt much better. She was able to smile without faking them. Her father didn’t have much worry, like he had been. Each night before she sleeps she’d still be reminded of him and it was the same when she woke the next morning. She’d often dream about him and sometimes she’d cry walking up from missing him but she leant to embrace the feeling. She felt at ease and though the pain was still there, it was fading.  

‘May I have a cup of Americano please?’ said the customer. Yumi had gotten a job as a barista from her newly built local library coffee shop. After a day of training, she had gotten used to the work load. Since she didn’t have to go in every single day, sometimes she’d spend her time reading in the library and escape reality. 

‘That’ll be 3300 won.’ After getting the money from the customer, Yumi proceeded to making the coffee.  

‘I see you have settled,’ said Sooyoung as she leaned onto the counter. 

‘Yeah, all thanks to you.’ 

‘You don’t need to thank me, we’re friends after all and it’s the least I could do. Besides it’s not like I own the place or anything, I just recommended you when they needed a part time worker. I knew it would suit you as well since you like to read.’ 

‘But still, thank you. You helped me.’ 

‘The atmosphere here is really soothing.’ 

‘It is,’ Yumi placed the cup in front of the customer, and smiled. ‘Here you go.’  

‘You’re off soon right?’ Sooyoung asked. 

‘Yeah, I’m off duty in a while. You can wait for me in the corner over there; they have good books you can read.’ Yumi suggested. 

‘Like I’d do that,’ Sooyoung snickered then walked off. Yumi laughed then continued to do her work. She washed the cups that were stained, and made coffee diligently.  

‘Good work today,’ said the manager as Yumi folded her apron. 

‘Thank you,’ she replied. ‘See you tomorrow.’ Yumi waved to Sooyoung who was reading a book. They walked out of the front door and were greeted by a wave of wind.  

‘Why is the weather becoming worse when it’s supposed to get better?’ Sooyoung questioned. 

‘I don’t know, I hope it get better though.’  

‘Me too.’  

 

In the half deserted park, sounds of a ball hitting the ground could be heard. Rays of sun peeked through the clouds and lighted up the area.  

‘Let’s take a break,’ said Kris. 

‘Okay,’ Xiumin pants after grabbing the ball. He threw it at Luhan who was leaning against the fence.  

‘When’s the reunion again?’ asked Kris.  

‘Tomorrow,’ Xiumin replied as the both of them sat down. 

‘Do you think she’ll come?’ Kris whispered. 

‘I hope so,’ Xiumin whispered back. 

‘What are you guys talking about?’ Luhan handed them water. 

‘About the class reunion tomorrow,’ Kris took a sip. ‘You’re definitely coming right?’ 

‘I’ll think about it,’ Luhan lean his head against the fence. The sun shone into his eyes and made him close his eyes.  

‘You’ve got no choice anyways; we’ll drag you there if we have to.’ Xiumin uttered but Luhan didn’t seem to hear what was being said, for all he could think about was Yumi. He hadn’t a clue about what Xiumin had planned nor had he any idea of what was going on. He was zone out most of the time and when he wasn’t, it was the mention of Yumi. He had just gotten his colour back just a few days ago. ‘Anyhow, let’s go get dinner.’ 

‘Yeah, I’m in need of something spicy.’ Kris stood up and grabbed his bag that was beside Luhan. Luhan stood up too and the three of them walked out of the basketball court. They walked along the park where some kids where playing catch with their fathers and some were riding the bike. Luhan saw them and he was jealous. He continues to look around and saw a kid on his father’s shoulder. His heart skipped a beat at the sight. It made him smile and he saw himself in the father. The mother was nearby with a little girl in her arms. Though the weather was not so good, the family was happy being with each other.  

‘Come on Lu, let’s get some spicy rice cake from the stand over there,’ Kris pulled Luhan along. ‘You’ll burn them if you keep staring like that.’ For the first time in a long time, Luhan laughed. 

‘Let’s get food,’ Luhan smiled and walked along side his two friends.  

The clock had turned 2pm the next day and Yumi was in her home still trying to figure out whether she should go to the reunion or not. The weather was not so great outside which made her didn’t want to go out even more. Xiumin’s word resounded in her mind again and again. The time drew near as she waited, still undecided, she called Sooyoung. 

‘Good evening my love,’ Sooyoung’s voice sounded tired. ‘How may I help you?’ 

‘Do you have a minute?’ Yumi asked. 

‘I can give you an hour if you needed,’ Sooyoung chuckled over phone. 

‘I have a school reunion this evening; I don’t know whether I should go.’  

‘School reunion?’ Sooyoung sat up on her bed. ‘You definitely should go. Meet your old friends and catch up, you’ll have a blast.’ 

‘Ahh, yeah,’ Yumi lie back on her bed. ‘If only it was like that.’ 

‘You don’t have to go if you don’t want to, but it may be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter