Forms

My Six Voodoo Dolls

Jae Ren's Point of View

 

"1…!"

My eyes shot open at the end of P-Goons count down.

They all turned into their forms, and at first, I thought it would be gruesome. Because Hongbin explained a before we decided on the ambush that you could hear their bones cracking.

But I didn't hear anything. The process seemed beautiful to me. And one caught my eye.

A large snow-white wolf that was sitting only a few steps in front of me.

Xero.

I was sure, just by the way he looked at me.

Isn't he going with them?

Ken and Leo let the makeshift wall-sheild-door fall and the Dog beasts sprinted to their ex-master.

The temperature of the room suddenly dropped and I shivered.

Xero must've noticed since he looked back at me with those blue eyes of his and approached me, settling beside me.

His fur warmed me up and I leaned on him.

The room was starting to form ice on the walls and now I know the cold wasn't a coincidence.

It was Xero.

So this is why he hadn't shown anyone his form. Because it was an element of surprise and it also kept him below the radar. God only knows how many creatures out there would want Xero as a trophy if they find out about this secret of his.

An acid bomb came from the Witch who was sitting on her throne, directed at P-Goon, and I sat up straight and panicked.

I was about to use a spell but ice suddenly dug it's way out of the floor and curved itself to shield the leader at the exact place where the acid bomb would land.

Since I was sitting, I looked up at Xero.

He was focused on the big throne room as if it was a video game and he is there to protect his fellow members.

I could see he tried to attack the Witch as well, when an ice spike appeared from the wall and would've pierced straight through her if she hadn't jumped out of her chair.

She looked pitiful now.

Her hair was a wild mess. There was dried blood running down her nose and the corner of her lips. Her dress was torn and the long gown it used to be just now reaches her above her knees.

But she's a murderer. This is only right.

She killed my grandmother. And not only that, a lot of other Witches too.

She deserves it.

Doesn't she...?

 

Xero's Point of View

 

She held onto my fur as Hansol almost got hit by a spell. She was so worried that I felt my fur might fall of from her strong grip.

I don't mind.

I was trying to defend my brothers and kill the Witch at the same time. It would be less gruesome to just kill her by stabbing her with ice than being mauled to death by her own creations.

P-Goon had already asked VIXX earlier about this and VIXX agreed it was best that we kill her.

She WAS our Master after all.

Not only that, I think they didn't want Jae Ren to live with the guilt of having to kill someone. Even though I met her for only a couple of minutes, I could agree with that.

I took a closer look at our old master, and I could see she was near her edge.

She had started to age again.

Her hair was starting to become gray and wrinkles started to appear on her face. Her had features aged around 20 years in this one battle. Her movements have become more lethargic and I know she's starting to lose her will-power.

She tripped on the ground, as her rock golems attacked my brothers.

It was the chance.

I could impale her from the ceiling.

I followed my thoughts and made a sharp ice stalactite that was getting longer by the second.

It would have pierced her heart in just half a second, until I smelled the scent of Forget me Nots.

 

Jae Ren's Point of View

 

I had to stop this. It still didn't feel right to kill her. No one has to die anymore.

I used my Time magic to stop the ice from piercing her by making it evaporate, earning a curious gaze from Xero. She was confused too, it seems. As her aged face contorted into utter confusion. Her eyes met mine from across the room.

I started to walk there, not minding the ice, when Xero stepped down in front of me to give me a ride.

I smiled at him and nodded, and he took me to the witch in 2 seconds.

"Why...? Are you here to torture me?" She asked with a hoarse voice. She did scream her head off earlier when she found out Topp Dogg had switched sides.

"No." I shook my head and sat beside her. She was still on the floor, and I don't think she has the strength to get up anymore. Her golems disassembled themselves and I could feel Topp Dogg, VIXX, and B1A4's curious gazes. "I'm here to give you a second chance."

I touched the middle of her forehead with my thumb and the center of her scalp with my middle finger.

And for a second, I felt everything she had felt.

She felt, scared.

Alone.

And betrayed.

But I also noticed how she felt a little grateful.

I did not understand that last one. Why? Did she want to die? Or maybe she was just too tired of it all.

I could feel the energy slowly being used up before I collapsed into the darkness.