Distrust

My Six Voodoo Dolls

After they had explained how they got to the other side of the city to duel with Topp Dogg, the potion for Hyuk was finally finished.

"Drink this." She handed Hyuk a mug of white liquid that looked like Milk. But it's smell was FAR from milk. It smelled like herbs and... unappetizing. "I tried very hard to make it taste like chocolate so you'd be able to finish it." She smiled and wiped the sweat on her forehead with a handkerchief. "I also made it look like milk. It was the best I could do-"

"Thankyou, Jae Ren." Hyuk sincerely said as he pulled her down to a hug. He was sitting up from the bed, so Jae Ren had to crouch a little. "You've already done so much..."

Jae Ren hugged him back before pulling back. "No. It's fine. Drink it." She urged and he picked it back up from the bedside table where he put it so he could hug her. Actually, Hyuk had 2 broken ribs and his ankle was also not in good condition. His bruises and cuts were deep, but it would have all healed for a day or two. But with the help of the Solution that Jae Ren made, it would heal maybe in 4-6 hours.

He tasted it a little before gulping it all down. "It tastes nice." Hyuk sincerely complimented with a smile.

"I wanted to ask you something..." Ken suddenly said.

"Hmm?" Jae Ren hummed and turned to him.

"How did you know where to find us?" Ken asked. "We were at the opposite side of the city.."

"I used a searching spell." Jae Ren shrugged.

"But those only work when you have something that's connected to the one you're looking for. We don't have any valuables-"

"I used that Doll." Jae Ren cut N off and pointed at his bed where the said doll was just laying at. "It's no ordinary doll, is it?"

The boys stayed silent.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jae Ren asked with hurt eyes. "Were you afraid I'd hurt you? Did you really think that I'm the same witch my grandmother was?" She had already figured out it was a Voodoo Doll. It was the only connection possible between VIXX and the Doll. And it explained a lot why the journal often spoke about VIXX as puppets. And, she had also read about the different types of Witches. It explained a lot on why she didn't know what type she was.

"It's not like that..." N mumbled. "We just... I... I forgot."

"You forgot to tell me something as important as that?" Jae Ren asked with a hurt expression. After all this time... VIXX didn't trust her. "You really thought I would hurt you? After everything we've been through? Am I that terrifying and unapproachable?"

"Jae... It isn't like that." Hongbin tried to convince as she stood up and walked to the door.

She sighed and twisted the door knob. "I just thought that you all treated me as a friend. It turns out you were just afraid."

And with that, she left VIXX's room. The 6 boys left silent to deal with the consequences of not telling the truth.

"Why didn't we tell her, anyway?" Leo asked, breaking the silence. Which was weird, since he was usually the one BEING silent.

"Because..." Ravi faltered. He raked his hair frustratedly and fell back on his bed. "I don't know. I guess fear really did get the best of us..."

"We should've trusted her... she does so many things for us." Hyuk whispered, but the silence of the room let his words echo to the back of VIXX's mind.

N lay on his bed, but his feet were on the ground. He took the doll to his hands and lightly scrutinized it.

"I knew it."

The boys turned their heads to the window, where Jinyoung was perched on the rail of the terrace.

N sat up and turned his head to Ravi. "Didn't you sense him?"

"It wouldn't have made a difference... He followed Jae Ren to the warehouse anyway. He was just waiting for a time to show himself." Ravi sighed.

Jinyoung jumped from the rail and stepped inside VIXX's room. The terrace doors were open anyway.

"This really isn't the time for you to barge in." Leo blankly said. "This isn't the time to confront Jae Ren."

"You were the ones who don't trust her." Jinyoung pointed out with a raised eyebrow. "From what I saw, all she was to you was kind and caring. I was even a little jealous." Jinyoung admitted as he turned the door knob. "But you didn't deserve her kindness. Because you can’t even risk anything for her."

"We'd risk our LIVES for her." N said through clenched teeth. As far as he knew, lives weren't that dispensable.

"Is that what she needs? People to die for her? She needs people to live WITH her. FOR her. And besides, " Jinyoung turned his head to look at N, "if you were really willing to do that, you wouldn’t be afraid to tell her whatever it is that doll means." He said, before closing the door after him to go to Jae Rens room.

N exhaled and fell back on the bed again. "He doesn't have to rub it in..."


I'm going to update a lot today because one of my fics is finally going to come to an end. Awwww. Have you seen it or read it yet? You can go check it out here: https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/626166/just-one-more-chance-to-change-everything-zelo-jin-bap-bts-jhope

But also, it's Suga's birthday!!! :D

#MinSWAGDay