Observant CNU

My Six Voodoo Dolls

"Where have you been?!" CNU asked the leader with wild eyes. "Your mother’s been worried sick!"

*Should I tell them? Or not?* Jinyoung swallowed. "Why? What happened?"

"You haven't heard...?" Sandeul said with a deadpan expression. "The West Coast of the Community was attacked."

Jinyoung snapped out of his thoughts, "What?"

"Last night. The message only got here a few hours ago. The news spread like wildfire." Mr Jung suddenly appeared from the kitchen, and paced in the living room. "The whole team of the wall guards was badly injured. Thankfully, there were no casualties. They were able to chase them away. No one knows if they'll attack again."

"How many were they?" Jinyoung paled. "And... how?"

"A lot. They were about 30, they say..." Mr Jung stopped and exhaled. "They were elves. From the neighboring forest."

The wolf community was quite large, actually. B1A4 lived at the Center colony, and was surrounded by the East, West, South, North, North-East, South-East, North-West, and South-West colonies. They lived in a secluded forest. And each colony was separated by thick trees, which means, there were also other neighboring creatures there. Including Elf Base camps.

"Elves? Why would they-"

"Dark Elves." Baro clarified, cutting the leader off. "They left before the reinforcements from the South-West colony could arrive."

Jinyoung exhaled, and sank in the couch. A few minutes ago, when he was in Jae Rens room, felt so distant now. At first, he was having a hard time processing that his best friend wasn't really a full human, and now... this.

"What are the Community elders planning now?" Gongchan asked. There were 9 community elders. They were all more than 200 years old. 3 were unmated, and the rest already had their families. They each led one colony. Each colony had their own expertise. East and East-West were on Food Supply. West and North-West were in charge of Lumber and Minerals, because they were near a mining cave. South was in-charge of Medicinal Supplies and they also had their own school for doctors. The other colonies could also study there if they wished to. North was in charge Electricity that ran through all the colonies. South-West was in-charge of Military, with North-East being Artillery. The Central Colony was in-charge of communications and Transportation. Making sure that each colony could easily have access to the other. It was like a small city that could perfectly thrive on itself. The Wolf Community often was referred to as the Wolf City to outsiders. Each Colony having at least 100 Were wolves.

"They're already enforcing the military to guard the border lines." Mr Jung informed. "Researchers in this colony are currently looking over things. No one even knows how Dark Elves got here..."

"I don't think I've ever seen a Dark Elf in person before..." Gongchan said. "I just saw them on books..."

"Me too. But I don't need to see one, though." Baro quickly added. "I think I've seen enough of them in books."

"But are the ones on books accurate? Do they really have pale white skin and sharp nails and also black eyes and-"

"That's enough description." CNU cut Sandeul off, making the latter pout. "Thanks for the info Mr Jung, but why did you call us for the meeting that was supposed to be like 2 HOURS AGO." He emphasized and gave the leader a look, but Jinyoung looked at the floor, avoiding his gaze.

"Oh? That one. I was just going to tell you that another boy your age found his mate." Mr Jung grinned at the boys, the ominous mood from earlier, completely forgotten. "I just wanted to encourage you all to meet new wolves and all. But hey, what do I know? I'm just an old wolf who loves gossip." He walked off with a wave, but everyone knew he was smiling.

"What is that old man trying to say?" Baro narrowed his eyes at where Mr Jung disappeared to.

"That 'old man' happens to be my father." Jinyoung gave Baro a look before shrugging, "But I am curious too."

"Is he saying we could find our mates soon too?" Sandeul gasped.

CNU was soon thinking to himself, leaving the boys to dream of finding their mates.

*If Jae Ren isn't Jinyoung's mate... I don't who'd be more crushed, Jae Ren, or Jinyoung.* He thought. He was the best observer among B1A4, but he kept his observations to himself. He knew very well that Jae Ren hid her feelings for a long time well, but her elongated secret glimpses of Jinyoung from time-to-time did not go unnoticed by CNU. The small shine on her eyes whenever she sees him? That was the first he noticed. And he couldn't forget the times when her cheeks would lightly pink whenever their leader did skinship with her. Even when he did it a lot, she still blushed. And Jinyoung? Please. Jinyoung was just a little too thick-headed to notice his own feelings. He always wanted to be next to Jae Ren during class. He always got mad easily whenever another male student just talked to her to ask for a spare pen. And those times when he looked absolutely murderous when VIXX was hanging around Jae Ren for too long was the most amusing to him.

*You're so stupid, leader...* He thought to himself with a sigh. *You should know very well that our kind shouldn't fall inlove with other creatures before the mating process... It would all end up fruitless if she isn't the one.*