Answers to His Questions

My Six Voodoo Dolls

School ended pretty quickly for Jinyoung. Well, all he did was zone out anyway. But what really caused this was that the Lycan coach was on leave. So the students in their year didn't have P.E

"Hyung? Are you sure you're not coming with me to the West? Will you be alright?" Sandeul worriedly asked Jinyoung as the two stopped walking. Jinyoung had to go straight to Jae Rens house and maybe catch up with VIXX, while Sandeul had to go left to go to the Wolf Community.

"Yeah. Since you asked permission, my instincts wouldn't go wild." Jinyoung ruffled his hair. "Just call me so I can hear the others' voices. Okay?"

Sandeul nodded and sprinted away. It wasn't good manners to turn into your form in broad daylight.

When Jinyoung was sure Sandeul was far enough to not see him, he dashed to Jae Rens house. He needed the answers to his numerous questions.

He needed them because it was all floating up in his head. He couldn't ask them before because Sandeul was around. It wasn't his secret to tell. But he's sure he'll have to tell them one day. He had already known the suspicions that CNU and Baro had for VIXX. But the only difference was that CNU didn't bother asking, and Baro was too gullible.

 

"Oh. Hey hyung." Hyuk seemed surprised to see B1A4's pack leader at their doorstep. "Come inside?" He unsurely asked.

"Was that a question?" Jinyoung raised an eyebrow.

"Well... It's not my house." Hyuk shrugged. "Jae~! Jinyoung hyung is here! Can he come inside?" He yelled inside the house. 

Jinyoung waited for a reply, but he couldn't hear it. "She said yes. She'll come down in a few minutes." Hyuk said and opened the door wider for him to enter.

*I didn't even hear her...* Jinyoung thought. He settled on the couch and found that Ken appeared like the wind on the other side.

"Hiya. What brings you here?" Ken casually asked. But something told Jinyoung he already knew the answer.

"I needed to ask questions..." Jinyoung drifted off.

"Oh. Guys." Ken called after them, and Jinyoung was surprised they all heard him. They were already sitting in the living rooms seats in a blink of an eye. I mean, he was sure he said that in his normal tone of voice. Jinyoung would've had trouble hearing what he said if the rooms door he was in was closed. "He wants to ask questions."

"Let's wait for Jae." N said.

They were really weirding Jinyoung out. Even the atmosphere seemed odd to him. The house had 7 people in it, but it was still quiet.

"I'm taking it that you want to ask about... us...?" N gestured to him and VIXX. And Jinyoung answered with a nod. "We can answer some of your questions, but the more personal questions should be asked to Jae Ren. She is our master after all."

"Master...?" Jinyoung furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah. Jae Ren is our master. We are her guardians." N answered. "We live to protect her. If she dies, we die along too. We don't really feed off of her magic energy or her life force, we jut rely on it as a sign. If she's alive, we are too. If her life force is drained, ours will be too. It's like a chain effect. Commensalism. She's not harmed, but we depend on her." He explained.  He glanced at Jinyoung and still saw that confused expression. "You want to ask how her magic energy works too, don't you?" He was right on the dot. Jinyoung nodded. "Well, a Witch's magic energy is attached to her life force. That's why they're much stronger than normal sorcerers and other mages because they just infused magic within themselves. It's unnatural. A Witch is born a witch. You can never be one by force."

"Then how come Jae Ren only became one now?" Jinyoung asked.

"Well, there are different ways to unseal a Witch actually. Jae Rens grandmother, the Witch before Jae Ren, sealed Jae's magic energy. It would only unseal once she dies. It's really common to do that now. Because it could get troublesome to have two witches in a family line. They would often clash." N explained. He was willing to be patient, since he knows how this is a lot to take in.

"Ohhh." Jinyoung made an 'o' shape with his mouth. "So you're guardians of Jae Ren. You protect her and basically live for her. But how did you guys become guardians anyway?"

"Her grandmother... 'made' us." Ken tried to find the right word. "Only N hyung knows the process."

Jinyoung turned to the leader for an answer.

"I can answer that!" Jae Ren said from the stairs and ran to the couch, squeezing herself between Ken and Jinyoung. "I know the info from the diary~" She boasted proudly, making the boys-except Jinyoung-chuckle amusedly.

*Diary?* Jinyoung made a confused expression.

"There's this magic called 'Animation magic', right?" Jae Ren began. "Witches first make a body using that magic. The body would be soulless and well... not alive. It's just an artificial body with no life in it. But they could add the physical features they want. And also, the physical capabilities." Jae Ren explained. Animation magic was a common magic. It was easy, but basically pointless. If you're not a witch. "Then there's this special night called 'The Red Night'."

Jinyoungs ears perked up. He knew that night. That was the best night to find a mate.

"The moon emits a strange magic that could be harnessed by witches. The harnessed magic takes form of a transparent liquid that has no odor. But it can easily be sensed by other creatures. With that, they start making the Soul-Heart. That's when they change the personality of the new guardian by using different ingredients that describes a characteristic. Fire Dragon egg shell for hotheadedness, Centaur tail hair for nobility, and so on. That's why every guardian is unique. Just an extra strand, petal, or drop of an ingredient can be a drastic change. After they've made that, they make the soulless body drink it. It will soon wake up and be a real creature. Very much alive." Jae Ren was exhaled deeply, tired of her little explanation. To Jinyoung, it all seemed so unreal and a little scary.

How can someone make a creature just like that? How can you make a soul just by using ingredients? It made him realize how little he knew about their magical world.

He also realized how his best friend could be capable of doing this too. So it then made him think how different Jae Ren really was from him.

So so different.