So That's Why

My Six Voodoo Dolls

"Hyung! Why can't you admit you like herrrrrrrrrrrrr?" Sandeul pestered Jinyoung once again. It was days after the results of the PFT was released, and B1A4 has bothered him non-stop about Jae Ren. It was lunch time, and B1A4 already sat on their usual table.

It seemed a little weird because the cafeteria was more crowded than usual.

"I donnnnnnn't." Jinyoung imitated his tone.

"You do!" Baro interjected. While Gongchan nodded fervently.

Jinyoung looked at CNU for help, but the latter shrugged and continued eating.

"Look, I DON'T like Jae Ren, okay? " Jinyoung clarified for the umpteenth time.

"Then how come you're avoiding her now?" CNU asked, making Jinyoung glare at him. But the older was looking innocently at him. Truth be told, CNU really was curious.

*Is he seriously playing this game?* Jinyoung inwardly rolled his eyes.

"I'm not." Jinyoung exasperatedly sighed.

"Yeah you do." Gongchan said, "You'd usually flip when you see her with VIXX, but now, you even walk to school with them. As a GROUP."

"What's wrong with that?" Jinyoung blinked. "I trust them now."

"Jinyoung. Just tell them. They deserve to know." It was CNU's turn to sigh. Secrets aren't meant to be kept between pack members.

"Know what?" Sandeul exageratedly gasped, "That you like Jae Ren?! I KNEW IT!"

"No. It's not that." Jinyoung frowned. Maybe it was time? They deserve to know. And, it would stop them from pestering him any longer about the subject. "Well, it's partly that."

The boys leaned in curiously at the leader.

"I LIKED her. Okay? Past tense. It means I moved on." Jinyoung emphasized.

"Wow." Baro blinked. Seemingly dissapointed his ship has sunk. "What made you stop?"

"Well, it isn't really wise to like someone before mating anyway." Gongchan shrugged but turned to Jinyoung after, "But do explain why."

Jinyoung raised an eyebrow.

"Hyung." Gongchan added. Seriously? He was going to be stuck up in this situation? Gongchan thought.

"Well... when you really love someone, you'll love all sides of them right? At least, that's what the mated wolves tell me." Jinyoung said. "I'm ashamed to admit that it stopped when I found something new about her. But it's not that I don't like her anymore, it's just that I don't like her in THAT way anymore. I only realized my feelings when I had moved on." He explained.

"So that's why?"

Jinyoung froze. He stiffly turned around and saw Jae Ren with a stoic expression on. The one she had almost always worn before VIXX came. "J-Jae Ren..." He mentally slapped himself for stuttering.

Suddenly, the mood grew serious. And even with the other students that were being noisy, it still seemed too quiet.

"So that's why you don't do the same things you used to with me like before?" Jae Ren asked with a blank expression. But something flashed in her eyes that Jinyoung couldn't identify. "Is that why you've been avoiding me? Because you used to like me and you've grown awkward around me?"

Jinyoung swallowed. "It's not like that! It's just that I thought it would really be awkward for people to think-"

"Since when did you care what other people think?" Jae Ren didn't let him finish. "You were the one who told me to be myself. Even if people didn't like it. So you're going back on your own words?"

Jinyoung suddenly couldn't think. Especially when he was conscious of how B1A4 and VIXX were now staring at him and Jae Ren.

"I didn't know you'd be so affected if I liked you or not." His eyes grew wide and he clamped his mouth shut. *WHY DID I JUST SAY THAT?!*

Jae Ren chuckled, much to his surprise.

"I'm so stupid..." She mumbled and turned away, leaving VIXX and B1A4.

"We just wanted to ask if we could share a table..." Ken muttered and walked off, following N who was already running after Jae Ren. Leo and Hongbin followed after them too, with Ravi close behind.

Only the VIXX maknae was left.

"I never really understood the concept of loving someone before," Hyuk stared at Jinyoung. He didn't look mad nor disappointed. Jinyoung already knew what he referred to by 'before'. "But I didn't know it could hurt someone else this much." He said and walked off, following after his hyungs and Master.

*Why...?* Jinyoung asked himself, as he stared at where Jae Ren and VIXX disappeared to. B1A4 remained silent. *Why does she seem so hurt? I know what I said was wrong, but wasn't she acting a little too-Oh God.*

His eyes widened. He was dense enough to only realize now.

She liked him.

He stood up, ready to run after Jae Ren, when CNU grabbed on to his wrist. The leader turned to curiously look at his hyung, but he understood when the older shook his head.

"This isn't the time to do that. Let her have some space first." CNU advised.

"Yeah. It's hard dealing with heartbreak." Baro commented. "But what did you mean by you saw a new side of her?"

Jinyoung sat back down in his seat and looked away. Was her being a Witch that much of a big deal? She was still the same... Wasn't she?