Jinyoung's Suspicions

My Six Voodoo Dolls

N's Point of View

It had already been weeks, and we've managed to get used to the student life style with Jae Ren. We even made friends with other creature clan/pack/coven or any other name for a group of creatures. We managed to get close to different creature groups like the Coven of Infinite, the Pack of BTS and Secret, also the Clan of SHINee. But the closest group to us is the Wolf Pack of B1A4. Courtesy of Jae Ren.

"N hyung, how many did you get in the test earlier?"

I snapped my head to where the voice was coming from and saw Sandeul smiling at me.

"Oh. 100. How about you?" I asked.

"Wah~! You're so smart, hyung! I only got a 71!" Sandeul pouted.

Well, the test was about Runes. And they were all the basic 100. I already memorized thousands of Runes.

"I just studied." I shrugged.

"That's not true! You don't even touch your school bag when you get home-"

I immediately covered Hyuks mouth with my hand and awkwardly smiled at B1A4 who were giving me weird looks.

"I study." I shrugged and let go of Hyuk.

I could see Baro eye me suspiciously. He's been doing it for a couple of days now... I think he found or noticed something. At this point, all I could do is observe him observe and also try to hide as much as possible. He's a lot sharper than he looks...

"A vampire who studies Runes... you'd be a first." Jinyoung commented.

Jinyoung... I think he's suspecting us too. He's just less conspicuous than Baro. I almost didn't notice him observing us until that one day in the cafeteria when I noticed him stealing glances of-not Jae Ren-but us.

"Maybe." I shrugged and doodled in my notebook. We on the last row don't really listen. And it's History. Mrs Shin isn't really good at hearing. She's a Naga siren. And with her body that is supposed to be in water, her senses have dropped.

"You're also best in Potions, right?" Gongchan casually asked.

Now, Gongchan, he really isn't observing us, but sometimes he can get close to the truth without knowing it.

"Yeah. I guess I was obsessed with self-deffence against potions." I reasoned.

"Yeah, but you also know healing potions." Baro pointed out.

"Offence and Defense are good, but you just need to heal yourself sometimes." I shrugged. Technically, I'm right. I can't even use more than half of the potions I know because they're only supposed to be intended for Witches and Warlocks.

"That makes sense." CNU agreed. "But I just can't get some of the ingredients needed for those. I can't pronounce the others. Hydringa?"

"Hydraenga's." Hongbin corrected.

"Bless you." CNU said. I don’t know if that was a joke though… "But I just noticed that you guys don't eat-or rather drink-lunch here."

"We already drink enough at home in the morning." Ken answered. We already prepared for questions like these.

"Really? Don't you like the taste? Most vampires would gladly go for seconds." Baro informed.

"Our Grandmother works at the Blood Institute. She sends us a lot of blood per month. We just drink those since we trust it better than the ones here in school." Ravi recited out of memory.

Baro made an 'O' shape with his mouth in understanding, but I couldn't get a reaction from Jinyoung. Which meant he wasn't buying it.

"But every blood box comes from the Blood Institution." Jinyoung pointed out.

He's good. But a little too sharp for his own good.

"Yes, but you don't know what happens through the shipping process." I defended. "What if it turns out, that there had been a mistake and there's something else on those? And also, we don't want to waste anymore. We already have enough at home. Wasting is a big issue here, we heard."

"But then if you hate wasting so much, why not drink what was prepared for you?" Jinyoung fired back. This one, specially aimed for me. I guess he already knew how VIXX works. I am the talker, since Ravi and Ken just remember what I write for them anyway. Leo doesn't talk. Hyuk is just oblivious. And Hongbin... he intimidates the B1A4 members with his eyes. To his relief. It makes me wish how I have his eyes sometimes. That way, I could scare of anyone with just a glare. Kekeke~

"Wouldn't it be more of a waste if someone else would benefit from it more than us?" I asked back. I could feel everyone starting to become nervous.

"So you're saying you won't benefit from Blood?"

"Blood SUBSTITUTE." I corrected.

"Oh. So you don't like the idea of REAL blood?"

"You're saying you do? And yes. I don't like the idea of real blood. It disgusts me." I admitted. But I was glaring at Jinyoung now. And he was glaring at me too. "Not every vampire is a monster that you think of."

"I was just trying to find out why you don't like the taste of Blood substitute." He bluntly confessed. His eyes blank.

"What makes you say that?" I ask him. Truthfully, I've run out of excuses. I can't escape from this one. This was the truth.

"You're face scrunched up when you drank the blood substitute. And when one of the vampire covens passed by your table while drinking, you all visibly looked disgusted. Even Leo, who was usually blank faced, looked horrified. It must've been the smell." Jinyoung deduced. Even s looked surprised.

Why was he trying this hard to bust us?

"Because we didn't ask to become like this." Leo spoke. Making everyone turn to him. He was at the seat in front of mine, which was in the middle of Baro and Gongchan. "We didn't ask to feel like monsters. Monsters who crave for something that should never be considered as food. No offence to our kind, though."

I heard CNU mumble something like 'this is the longest he's ever spoken in front of me' or something.

I don't know why... but there was an underlying meaning to what he said. There was something he was pointing at.

Jinyoung froze, before exhaling. "Sorry. I should've been more sensitive."

"It's okay..." Leo quietly said.

He bought it. Jinyoung bought it.

But why do I believe what Leo said too?