The Decision

My Six Voodoo Dolls

Hansol's Point of View

 

We followed Xero to the Throne room and even from outside, we could already hear the chaos going in inside that room. I still don't know what his choice was, to stay here and fight VIXX or to fight WITH VIXX?

"Xero. Do you know what your choice is?" P-Goon hyung asked him.

He nodded absentmindedly and opened the doors.

What I saw totally shocked me.

The other end of the Throne Rooms wall was completely gone, and there stood our master.

She was a panting mess. The smell of rotting flesh hung in the air, which meant she was using her scent. Was she starting to get desperate?

She only used that under circumstances that required her to. Is there a chance behind the choice N gave us? But I couldn't keep my eyes off the sight to my right.

They were at a corner, with the wolf unconscious and three of VIXX's members with a female.

It was VIXX's master, shielding her and her guardians with a Metal wall. She looked dead tired, and Ken was between her hands that were holding the metal wall up. Hyuk was trying to pull her away, but she wouldn't.

She'd rather protect them and tire herself out than to leave them undefended...

I've never seen something like this. It... amazes me in a way.

"Get... out of... my... way Ken... I have to... fight... her..." Their master panted. She looked like she was going to collapse any second now.

 "No. Don't. You're tired. We can protect you." I heard Ken whisper. They can't. Not against our master. There’s currently only three of them.

"You'll get hurt. No. I'm doing it." She firmly said, but the tiredness in her voice gave her away.

I've never seen a Master that... caring before. She was even risking of burning herself out for them. Why?

I don't understand at all.

Before I could wonder about it any longer, Xero hurled a huge part of the wall at our Master.

"YOU IMBECILE! THE ENEMY IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!" She shrieked at us.

So that's his choice.

I shrugged.

That was what I was hoping for anyway.

I took the side table that was beside the doors and hurled it at her too.

"WHAT IN GOD'S NAME ARE YOU DOING?!" She yelled from across the room.

"We're no longer under your loyalty." P-Goon formally said as he broke the big wooden door off the wall and placed it in front of the Metal wall VIXX's master made.

Serving as a new shield.

"Need a hand, master?" I grinned at her.

She seemed surprised, but a grateful smile graced on her lips as she nodded and let her wall fall, receding back into the ground.

I've never seen that kind of smile before from anyone else besides my fellow members.

"YOU CAN'T DO THAT! I CREATED YOU!" Our ex-master angrily yelled as she hurled another Acid bomb at the door.

But the thing about the doors in this castle is... their magic proof. I guess her creations back-fire to her in the end.

"We just did!" Seogoong hollered.

"The cooking here !" Yano yelled, making me chuckle.

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU FOR THIS!" She threatened.

"You can try!" Hojoon snorted. "We're no longer your Guardians. We decided on that already! So you've no influence on our actions anymore!"

Xero approached our new master who was still on the floor, leaning on Ken.

He came close to her ear, and I could tell Ken was hesitant and he scooted away, but when Xero looked at him he understood that he could be trusted now. So he stayed still, and let her sit up straight.

He whispered something into her ear.

Whispered.

He actually talked.

And everyone there with enhanced hearing heard him.

"Thank you, Master."

Our new master blinked, before chuckling. She sounded amused in a way... Is that good?

"Call me Jae Ren. And what are you thanking me for?"

"For our freedom." Xero said and kneeled in front of her with his right knee and his right fist on the floor.

That same stance we used to kneel before our previous master, didn't seem as cold-hearted and insincere as before.

It looked genuine.

And I just watched him, along with the others, staring in wonder. 

It is amazing to see Xero, the one who was always coldest among us, warm up to someone.

Maybe I will too...

"Thankyou, Master." I kneeled beside Xero. 

I never thought I'd say those two words in the same sentence without any hint of sarcasm.

"Thanks too." She weakly smiled.