Forget Me Not

My Six Voodoo Dolls

"Forget Me Not." N read out-loud from the Magic Encyclopedia.

"They're flowers that have little or no scent at all at day-time, but have a strong scent at night time." Hongbin informed.

"Oh." N nodded. "Anyway, it has the ability of," He looked up to meet Jae Rens eyes. "Time."

"Time? Is that even possible? The only time related spell I know is the Life Elixir that makes you young again." Ravi said. "Does that mean she's young forever?"

N read the book once again and closed it. "You're amazing, Jae Ren." He said out of the blue.

"Uhm... thanks?" Jae Ren raised an eyebrow. What's with the sudden complent, she thought.

"Hyung. You alright?" Hyuk waved his hand infront of N's blank face. "Did you read something-"

"No really, YOU'RE AMAZING JAE REN!!!" N said with a smile.

"Okay. No need to shout." Ken gave N a weird look. It was a good thing her senses already dulled. She might be crying right now because of his loudness if it hasn't. "Can you please elaborate and tell us what her scent means?"

"Time." N repeated with wide eyes. "Time! She can see the past, present and future! Not all witches can do that! In fact, only her scent can. She can do it easily if she could just control it. And even better, she can jump ages."

"Jump Ages...?" Jae Ren confusedly repeated. Honestly, she wasn't understanding any of the things N was saying.

"Yes! When you've atleast become adept in your magic training, you can change ages. It may be hard to change from one age to another, but the good thing is, you're practically immortal." N said with a stunned-but happy expression.

"I thought witches were already immortal?" Jae Ren asked.

"They're body clocks are just slower. They still age." Hongbin informed. "But Jae Ren, you're really special, you know that? This skill of yours is truly rare."

"There are only around 20 of your scent still around in this world." N added. "Your scent is the 8th rarest."

"Really?" Jae Ren asked with round eyes. "What's the rarest?"

N was about to open his mouth to answer when Ravi covered it with his hand. "It’s better she doesn't know." He whispered in a low voice that only N and the other VIXX members can hear. The leader nodded and removed his hand. "I forgot. But Jae Ren! Your scent!"

Jae Ren blinked, not noticing how he dodged her question. "What about my scent? So all I do is I don't age? That's cool."

"No!!! Not only that!" N excitedly shouted. "You can learn how to freeze time or slow it down."

"That's possible?" Ken blinked. "Where would she even learn the spell?"

"She doesn't need to. All she needs to learn is how to control her Magic Energy and then slowly learn how to use her skill. Just like other witches. You know? Water Lords can learn how to bend the water, and how the Earth Lords can control the ground? She just needs to learn." N firmly said.

"Who will teach her? You can't teach her, hyung. You're not a warlock. She needs to have a teacher." Hyuk frowned. "And the Bayou Witch is gone... since. Well." He gestured to Jae Ren who they could feel her magic energy pulsing from. Her magic came in waves that could be felt from half a mile away if not for the runes that were acting as a dome around the house.

"She can learn from the journal the witch left." N said.

"Journal? She has a journal?" Ravi asked with wide eyes. "I haven't seen it before. Or read it. Can I have it?"

"No." N shook his head. "Only Jae Ren can open it. And even if she does, I think the witch would use a hiding spell to make her the one to be able to read the letters."

"Can you read it out loud for us?" Hongbin asked Jae Ren.

"No." N answered for her. "She shouldn't. There's a reason the witch didn't want us to read the book. Let's just respect her decision, okay? And we don't know that there could be spells there that aren't supposed to reach our ears."

The boys' shoulders deflated while Jae Ren blinked.

"What do you mean by 'spells there that aren't supposed to reach our ears'?" Jae Ren confusedly asked.

"There are sometimes sentences that have arranged words in them and letters. It's like a code. It can easily be done by Witches who have studied the art. And your grandmother did. So it's best we don't know." N explained. He exhaled and sat on the foot of Jae Rens bed.. "It's going to be hard explaining this all to you. So you should just read the journal."

"Okay then." Jae Ren nodded guiltily. She didn't want to be a burden, so she decided to ask as little questions as possible from now on. "Where is it?"

"Leo. Get the black notebook under my pillow." N ordered, and only 3 seconds later, Leo was back with a black leather notebook with creases. It looked so worn out. "Hold it for a few seconds before opening it so it wouldn't activate its defense mechanism." He handed it to her.

*Defense Mechanism?* Jae Ren gulped and held the notebook, tracing it's creases. It looked really old and used. It even looked plain and just a normal notebook. But she couldn't deny the feeling she was getting from the notebook. It was like there was an aura around it. She waited again for a few seconds before opening the notebook.

The pages were blank.

"There's nothing-" She stopped herself when the words started to appear, like it was just being written infront of her. The ink was dark black but it seemed to fit the pale brown color of the pages. "Wow..."

"I wish I could see it." Hyuk pouted.

"What do you see, Jae? Don't read it aloud. Just what you see." N instructed with a serious face.

"Instuctions..." Jae Ren whispered, but her voice resonated around the room. "Instructions on how to use the notebook."

1. Don't read anything out loud. Unless you want the people who you're reading it to sleep for 2 weeks.

2. Never talk about this notebook around other creatures except for my 6 creations.

*6 creations...? Oh does she mean VIXX?* Jae Ren asked herself.

3. Touch the circle that is at the bottom of each page if you don't understand something.

4. Hide the notebook.

5. You can bring the notebook wherever you go, but you must make sure no one but you and my creations can touch it.

6. Make sure the notebook will be in capable hands if you cannot hold on to it.

7. Follow the instruction carefully if you don't want to get killed.

Jae Ren thinned her lips.

"Is something wrong?" Leo asked as he observed her reactions. She shook her head without looking up and continued reading.

1st Lesson: Magic Energy Camouflaging.

"Guys?" Jae Ren looked up. "Can you leave me alone for a while? I'm not hungry. But eat, okay? There is still pizza left overs in the fridge, I think." She said and softly smiled at them.

They all nodded obediently and left. Except N who stopped by the door to glance at her.

"I'll be fine. Just go." She smiled as he reluctantly left. She heaved a sigh and continued to read the book.

Step 1: Learn your magic capacity.

She didn't like the feeling the notebook was giving. The words were so formal and... boring.