At the Bayou

My Six Voodoo Dolls

"Master, are you alright?"

"Leave me be, Hongbin. And how many times do I have to tell you not call me that?" The Witch tiredly sighed. "Are your eyes not normal yet?"

"No..." Hongbin murmured as he looked down.

"N. I told you to fix his eyes." She looked at the leader who was frowning.

"But I don’t understand... There's nothing really wrong with his eyes. He could see perfectly fine. And I looked at the medical books, nothing about cross eyes." He looked at Hongbin and smiled at him. But the latter kept a straight face, unable to voice out his thanks if the Witch is around.

"Whether he can see or not, that's not the point. I look at his eyes, and I see myself as a failure of a Witch. I all wanted you to be normal. And this," She points at Hongbins eyes "Is not what I wanted."

The Witch had always been cold and demanding of them. Always pointing out their flaws and mistakes. Forcing them to be perfect.

"Where's Ravi?" She sighed and rocked her rocking chair.

"At his room. I'll go get him." N bowed and nodded at Hongbin to follow him.

As they closed the Witches Living Room, they both sighed in relief.

"Why do you want to please her so much?" N asked with a displeased frown as they walked to Ravis room. To him, Hongbin was okay. He didn't understand why the Witch hated him for his eyes so much.

"She's our master. It's our job to please her." Hongbin stated "And I'm a freak. Look at my eyes... I agree with her."

"You're not a freak. You're just different." N pointed out. "What's so bad about cross eyes? I think they're cool." He grinned at Hongbin, but the latter wasn't even paying attention anymore.

He knocked at Ravis door and opened it. "Ravi, the Witch needs you."

"Huh? What does SHE want?" Ravi opened and closed the door behind him. "Did something happen?"

"I think she saw a bad future when she saw the Oracle Spell." N explained as he led the way back to Witches room. "I think she foresaw her own death."

"Really?" Hongbins cross eyes widened "When?"

"I don’t know the exact date... but maybe 2 weeks or less." N shrugged.

They didn't have love for the Witch. And who could blame them? She may have created them, but their imperfections were always the first thing she saw when she looks at them.

How N was dark skinned.

How Leo was too quiet.

How Ken was weird.

How Hongbin had Crosses in his eyes.

How Ravi... well Ravi was the only one she liked. To her, he was perfect.

But she saw an imperfection in Hyuk-her last creation. She saw him as too bubbly and jumpy.

"And I think she'll be sending us to her granddaughter before that time comes..." N whispered, but the two other boys heard him.

"What if she's worse than the Witch?" Ravi asked "I don't want to endure this anymore... 5 Centuries are enough for me." He shuddered.

"Then we'll have no choice..." Hongbin stated. "She'll be our master. We can't escape."

They stopped in front of the Witches big wooden doors.

"I guess this is my stop. Bye guys. Seeya later." Ravi smally smiled and entered the room, closing the door after him.

After a while, Ravi's screams can be heard through the doors.

Sure, Ravi was the Witches favorite, but that wasn't a good thing. He was the one to be most called to relieve her stress. And she relieves her stress by torturing them.

*I'm sorry...* N apologized. Though it wasn't his fault, as a leader, he should be the one to protect them from harm. But there he was, escorting them to torture.

 

"I've called you all here, because of something I saw in the future." The Witch eyed all of them, and her gaze fell on Ravi, who was still shaking from earlier. "I've seen my death earlier."

She glanced at them to see for a reaction, but none.

Just a flinch from the Maknae.

"I'm sending you to my granddaughter first thing tomorrow." She looked through the window. The view overlooked the Bayou. The Witches house was floating with an impenetrative sheild around it that acts as camouflage.

"So N," She glanced at the leader, who finally looked up to meet her eyes "bring all of my spell books with you. Use the enchanted suitcase for it to all to fit. And of course, bring the doll with you."

She had her back at them, so she was unable to see them swallow.

"Now, leave me to my chambers." She ordered with a sway of her hands.

The last to leave was N.

"And N?" She finally turned, showing a lone tear that had escaped her dark colored eyes. "Take care of my granddaughter."

He nodded and bowed before leaving the Witches quarters, inwardly asking himself the meaning of the tear. *Maybe she has a heart after all.* He looked at the doll in his hands. Filled with holes and stitches *Or not.*