Make a Decision

My Six Voodoo Dolls

N's Point of View

 

Xero pushed P-Goon out of the magic bomb we planted on the ground secretly. I didn't even see him coming because I was too focused on placing P-Goon at the exact area where the bomb was so I wasn't able to push Xero away.

No, it doesn't kill. It just stuns for 4 hours. But maybe it would deal as a distraction for Topp Dogg if we keep that a secret.

"XERO!" P-Goon turned into his human form and went to Xero's side.

We just made it look like an explosion to distract them. And our initial target was the leader.

"Xero! Wake up! You can't... You can't go yet. You haven't even let me hear your voice yet!" P-Goon shook him with a nervous smile.

Oh. So even to s, he hasn't talked.

Topp Dogg stopped fighting and rushed to their member’s side.

Looking at them... reminds me of us.

VIXX and I, I mean.

They care for each other. And I guess I only noticed that now.

Maybe that's why Jae Ren said sorry to them earlier... they were, after all, just following orders. Like soldiers in war, only meant to be following orders from the General.

"You... You killed him, didn't you?" Nakta asked us.

We kept silent. Maybe this can serve as a distraction. Though I doubt they’d let us go if we make a run for it.

"I actually thought you were all decent creatures." He commented. "I was wrong."

"Look who's talking." Ravi rolled his eyes. "You and your group have led to the deaths of many Witches and guardians. And you call us indecent?"

"Whoever said we were decent in the first place?" Hansol asked. "We followed orders to keep each other alive. You should’ve understood that!”

"We support our master’s commands whole-heartedly, so we can’t relate to you." Hongbin shot back.

That may have been cold-hearted of him to say that, but Jae Ren’s safety is in the line. We can’t be giving and passive when she’s on the line.

"Well we're not as damn lucky as you!" Hojoon gritted his teeth. I've never seem them so... uncollected. They were always calm during fights. "Our Master is a murderer! She even experiments on us!"

He was right.

Not everyone can be as kind as Jae Ren. I'm still surprised she could be that giving to us.

"Then why not join us?"

I turned to face Hyuk. What was the maknae planning?

"You can shift loyalties to Jae Ren." Hyuk said. "I know I'm just the maknae and blah blah blah but... if we manage to beat your master, your loyalties shift to the Witch or Warlock in question. Jae Ren would probably accept you. I mean, she understands your situation. She understood ours."

"How can we trust the words of an enemy?" Sangdo asked.

I glanced at the other Topp Dogg members, and their faces showed the same question.

How can they trust us?

For as long as I can remember, our groups have always been enemies. Our master was an enemy of their mastery and vice-versa. This is actually the longest we've been talking without hurting each other. Well... if you count out the sleeping Xero.

Without permission, Leo took out the vial.

"Wait. How are we sure we can trust THEM?" Ken asked.

Leo shook his head, but walked to Topp Dogg.

"What are you doing?" Kidoh curiously asked.

"He's not dead. Just sleeping." Leo quietly said as he emptied the transparent contents of the vial in the unconscious Topp Dogg members’ mouth. "To be honest, this one is who I favor most among you." He commented and walked back to VIXX.

"If you'll excuse us, we're going to go find our master. Our offer stands." I dismissively said as VIXX and I disappeared to the inside of the castle. I looked at the interior and I could guess how many years this thing has been here already. *It's your choice, Topp Dogg. You can stay caged here forever or try to claim your freedom with us.*

 

Xero's Point of View

 

I started to regain consciousness, and I instinctively jumped up when I felt a lot of creatures' presence around me.

"Whoa, calm down." Seogoong chuckled. "

I blinked and glanced around me.Topp Dogg was in a circle, surrounding me, and it seems Yano and A-tom are already here.

"He woke up." P-Goon sighed in relief. "I guess this means we can trust VIXX now."

Trust VIXX?

"They offered us something, Xero." Kidoh exhaled. "And we wanted to wait for you to wake up before we make a decision. It seems that Leo trusts you most among us... so we want you to make the decision for all of us."

I blinked again.He said that?

Well, Leo and I have always been in good terms.No one ever noticed, but whenever we fight, we don't really aim to beat one another.We stall.There are times when he could've knocked me unconscious, but he didn't. I do the same too.So... It's good to know that he understands.

Even though I just broke our silent peace treaty a while ago.

"They asked us if we wanted to shift loyalties to their master." Hansol started to explain. Is that possible?

"There may be a chance that we won't win and Master will kill us though..." Hojoon drifted off.

I blinked.

If we were to switch sides and we lose, Master would probably torture us for betraying her. But if we DO win...

"So... what's it going to be?" P-Goon asked me.

All of them looked at me. And it didn't take a millennium old wizard to know what the answer they were wishing for was.

And I have to agree with them.

I wordlessly walked past Nakta and Sangdo, leading the way to the inside of the castle. They followed behind me, and I could hear A-tom whispering.

 

"Is that a yes or a no?"